what if Ned and his 6 companions survived ToJ

Silvershank

I searched for it but didn't find a similar thread, I was just wondering about things that could've happened if Ned & friends managed to kill the three Kingsguard members and stay unharmed ? In this thread we hold the R+L=J theory as a true fact.

I myself could think of Ned putting Jon Targaryen forward as the one true king, as it's the honorable way to handle the situation. But I can also imagine a situation in which he would raise him as his bastard boy similar to the one in the books, the only thing that troubles me is that what if someone who was there talked out of turn, whether to his family or Robert. It would cause a new war between Westeros, one far larger then the WOTFK because I don't see King Robert forgiving Ned and take a step back for Jon to be crowned king when he is of age. 

What do you think ?

I searched for it but didn't find a similar thread, I was just wondering about things that could've happened if Ned & friends managed to kill the three Kingsguard members and stay unharmed ? In this thread we hold the R+L=J theory as a true fact.

I myself could think of Ned putting Jon Targaryen forward as the one true king, as it's the honorable way to handle the situation. But I can also imagine a situation in which he would raise him as his bastard boy similar to the one in the books, the only thing that troubles me is that what if someone who was there talked out of turn, whether to his family or Robert. It would cause a new war between Westeros, one far larger then the WOTFK because I don't see King Robert forgiving Ned and take a step back for Jon to be crowned king when he is of age. 

What do you think ?

He is a bastard, he has no claim to the throne at all. 8 year old Viseys and his queen mother are still alive.

In the history, infant was skipped because long time of regency will cause big problem. 

What made you think westeros will accept him as their new baby king?

Do not you think people like Jon Arryn, Robert, Tully and Tywin would not worry this King Jon Targarryen would kill all of them in the future to revenge for his royal family?

Archived