Game of Knee-Jerk Decisions

TimJames

Joffrey beheading Ned. That bastard would even still be alive if he was smart just for one time. The North would have bended the knee, he would have married Sansa and Rickon would probally have been a ward (hostage) at Kings Landing. And the honorable Ned Stark would make sure the North would honor the peace, even from the Wall. 

Jon forming his private wildling goon squad to march against the Boltons. 

I see a lot of similarities between Theon and Jon.  Theon committed his heinous acts against his adoptive family because he was empty inside.  Theon had a major character flaw, lacked true self-esteem, and all that was made worse when his father gave him up for hostage.  Theon felt discarded and unworthy, unloved by his family.  Yet, he hung on to his identity as Ironborn and wanted so much to belong to them after his meeting with dad and sis.  Because of his low esteem, his need to be accepted, he was prone to do something bad.  Jon Snow had a big chip on his shoulder, which caused him to be rather abrasive to people and have negative views.  If you read that chapter in aGoT, during the Robert's banquet, Jon was very judgmental and very harsh with people he barely knew.  He was a bitter young man.  Like Theon, he wanted acceptance.  Unlike Theon, he found acceptance from little Arya, who cared not whether he was bastard or not.  I think this made Jon vulnerable in the same way Theon was.  He had excessive affection for Arya, bordering on the unhealthy.  That led him to betray the men he was sworn to lead and to send a small attack force to the Boltons. 

What I am saying is, both men did not really act rashly.  They were damaged goods, with chips on their shoulders.  They were on the edge and the right thing could make them do something terrible.  Which they both did.  Their actions were premeditated and calculated, but the algorithm is flawed.  Jon and Theon are very much alike.  One could say, Jon's is the greater crime. 

Jon forming his private wildling goon squad to march against the Boltons. 

I see a lot of similarities between Theon and Jon.  Theon committed his heinous acts against his adoptive family because he was empty inside.  Theon had a major character flaw, lacked true self-esteem, and all that was made worse when his father gave him up for hostage.  Theon felt discarded and unworthy, unloved by his family.  Yet, he hung on to his identity as Ironborn and wanted so much to belong to them after his meeting with dad and sis.  Because of his low esteem, his need to be accepted, he was prone to do something bad.  Jon Snow had a big chip on his shoulder, which caused him to be rather abrasive to people and have negative views.  If you read that chapter in aGoT, during the Robert's banquet, Jon was very judgmental and very harsh with people he barely knew.  He was a bitter young man.  Like Theon, he wanted acceptance.  Unlike Theon, he found acceptance from little Arya, who cared not whether he was bastard or not.  I think this made Jon vulnerable in the same way Theon was.  He had excessive affection for Arya, bordering on the unhealthy.  That led him to betray the men he was sworn to lead and to send a small attack force to the Boltons. 

What I am saying is, both men did not really act rashly.  They were damaged goods, with chips on their shoulders.  They were on the edge and the right thing could make them do something terrible.  Which they both did.  Their actions were premeditated and calculated, but the algorithm is flawed.  Jon and Theon are very much alike.  One could say, Jon's is the greater crime. 

Tyrion, exposing Lady Stark, thus putting her life at risk when she was traveling with a very, very light guard at the Inn of the kneeling man. Tyrion's pride and big fat mouth (because of Robb's greeting at Winterfell) endangered her life and thus she had him detained, starting, in earnest, the War of The Five Kings.

Archived