It will not end in fire but in ice

Getright

I have a theory, it might sound far fetched but there is a famous saying among astronomers that states 'The universe will not end in fire, but in ice'.

This saying is based upon the poem by Robert Frost: 'Fire and Ice'

Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

What cosmologists mean when they use this poem is that as the universe is constantly expanding there will come a point when all the universes resources will run out, no more gas clouds to produce stars and the universe will begin to die, not in a ball of fire but as a big freeze. Could GRRM be relating the end of his stories along the lines of this theory and will westeros be overrun by white walkers and have an awful winter ahead of them with no dragons to save the day?

GRRM is smart, he bases his story along the lines of real events and seems to have a passion for his history and science so this is why I think this.

I've tasted more desire than hate in Westeros, so I still hold those who favor fire.

Seriously, though- I think some kind of swing back towards equilibrium is on the horizon for Planetos.

I have a theory, it might sound far fetched but there is a famous saying among astronomers that states 'The universe will not end in fire, but in ice'.

This saying is based upon the poem by Robert Frost: 'Fire and Ice'

Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

What cosmologists mean when they use this poem is that as the universe is constantly expanding there will come a point when all the universes resources will run out, no more gas clouds to produce stars and the universe will begin to die, not in a ball of fire but as a big freeze. Could GRRM be relating the end of his stories along the lines of this theory and will westeros be overrun by white walkers and have an awful winter ahead of them with no dragons to save the day?

GRRM is smart, he bases his story along the lines of real events and seems to have a passion for his history and science so this is why I think this.

Then gravity will eventually take hold after the universe stops expanding and will eventually collapse, reigniting itself in another big bang, starting the cycle all over. It is known 

Archived