Euron, Bloodraven and the Storm God

FreyPiesForSkagos

I guess, I will put some more questions in here:

1) What do you make of Euron's eyepatch? Why is he wearing it? Is his covered eye really black? And why?

2) Why is he called "Crow's Eye"?

3) Why does Euron use such a strange personal coat of arms that doesn't even show a kraken?

4) Which god does Euron worship? The Drowned God? The Storm God? Another? More than one? None?

I guess, I will put some more questions in here:

1) What do you make of Euron's eyepatch? Why is he wearing it? Is his covered eye really black? And why?

2) Why is he called "Crow's Eye"?

3) Why does Euron use such a strange personal coat of arms that doesn't even show a kraken?

4) Which god does Euron worship? The Drowned God? The Storm God? Another? More than one? None?

I'll try to answer your questions as well as the overall theme of the OP.

On the first page there was discussion about the Old Gods and who they were.  They were per the Wiki, the Gods of Stone, Earth and Tree. 

Then you have the Storm God, which really only applies to the Drowned God 'religion' as his counter.  The Drowned God himself has elements that lead to the Deep Ones, which were a separate species who mated with human women.  This can be in some ways corroborated by Lord Borrell and his webbed fingers, as well as the servant I believe it was in the Davos chapter.

Now then, one way that this might be sorted out is by the legend of Garth, who is said to possibly be the first man on Westeros prior to the wave of First Men coming.  If the legend of Garth is factual (in some ways if not all), he met with both the Giants and the CoTF and if he was a God himself, he demanded Blood Sacrifice from worshipers to ensure a bountiful harvest.  That would lead us to the presumption that he brought with him a God or Gods, possibly related to the Bloodstone Emperor or simply from another religion in which Blood Sacrifice was utilized.  

This then allows for the Old Gods to remain as they are, of Earth, Stone and Tree, while also having new gods introduced, such as the Deep Ones, the Drowned God, or another God from Essosi history that we don't typically relate to Westeros.  The Deep Ones are said to be a queer, misshapen race of half-men sired by creatures of the salt seas upon human women.  Interestingly these are believed to be the precursors for the Drowned God and they can possibly be traced back to Essos via the Lorathi Mazemakers, who were killed by creatures from the sea.  Now even more interesting is the coincidence that the would-be rulers of the Iron Islands seek the Seastone Chair, which is made up of that black-stone that appears in various parts of the World (The Hightowere, the Five Forts, The Mazemakers and the walls of Asshai).  Now then, if we look at The Grey King, the legendary monarch of the Iron Islands, he's said to have slain Nagga, and the Drowned God then turned her bones to stone.  There seems to be some discrepancy as to his throne as the legend says that when the Grey King descended to the watery halls of the Drowned God, the Storm God snuffed out Nagga's fire and stole his throne, leaving Nagga's Bones as the only remnants of the Grey King's Hall.  So is the Seastone Chair truly related back to the Drowned God, or was it there prior?  The legends state that it was found on the shores of Old Wyk by the First Men, but perhaps the Seastone Chair was a symbol to a different religion prior?  Perhaps not.

What I find interesting is the differences of the various religions throughout the world, both in Essos and Westeros.  

We have Water Gods, Earth Gods, Fire Gods and perhaps an Ice God.  We also have the Seven Gods as One, the Many Faced God, The Lion of Night God (Yi Ti) and even the Outer Gods (Church of Starry Wisdom).

I find it's very difficult to know just how GRRM is setting all of this up.  Is he using many Gods or the belief of many Gods as within our own world, or are many of these Gods overlapping gods that can ultimately be reduced to a few or a handful?

As far as the questions:

1) I don't make much of his eye patch as yet.  My guess is he lost that eye in battle, but it very well could be to hide something (say a gem that provides a glamour).  There is the memory from Theon in which he says his patch covers a black eye shining with malice.

2) Perhaps it has to do with his non-adherence to the Drowned God's faith?  Now I'm not saying that he worships the Storm God, whom is the eternal enemy of the DG, but Ravens are his creatures; perhaps by calling him the Crow's Eye, it's a sort of connotation that he's in league with the enemy insofar as the Drowned God's followers are concerned?  Of course it may very well be that he is Bloodraven's man of sorts and thus the Crow's Eye, but I'm not completely sold on that just yet.

3) I think this may relate back to #2.  the Coat shows two crows carrying a crown above a single red and black, cat's eye on an indigo border.  Then there is the quote to Rodrick Harlaw in which he says, "I am the storm, my lord, the first storm and the last."  Then there's also the relationship of Ravens to House Hoare and in that quartering of their sigil is a black raven upon a blue field (sky) so perhaps it has something to do with that, though in House Hoare's sigil the raven is associated with the maester's at Oldtown?  It would seem to Euron's aims for the Ironborn were the same as House Hoare's, when they expanded their holdings the most then at any time in their history.

4) It's rather difficult to say, he claims he serves 10k gods, but does so in the sense that when his ship's sails are spotted across the world, sailors pray.  What's interesting is that Euron espouses to the Old Ways of the Iron Born, which is conquest and fire and blood, which doesn't seem to quite be the association to the Drowned God we've been given, so perhaps it relates back to a religion that pre-dates the First Men, such as the maze under the Hightower and the Seastone Chair, as well as the other places that have the Oily Black Stone as prominent architecture within their societies.  I would venture to guess that Euron doesn't follow the Drowned God.  Another interesting thing is that Euron seems to have a duality of traits with that one black eye and one blue eye and curiously, chooses to hide the black eye in favor of showing the blue eye (if that patched eye still functions).

I'll try to answer your questions as well as the overall theme of the OP.

On the first page there was discussion about the Old Gods and who they were.  They were per the Wiki, the Gods of Stone, Earth and Tree. 

Then you have the Storm God, which really only applies to the Drowned God 'religion' as his counter.  The Drowned God himself has elements that lead to the Deep Ones, which were a separate species who mated with human women.  This can be in some ways corroborated by Lord Borrell and his webbed fingers, as well as the servant I believe it was in the Davos chapter.

Now then, one way that this might be sorted out is by the legend of Garth, who is said to possibly be the first man on Westeros prior to the wave of First Men coming.  If the legend of Garth is factual (in some ways if not all), he met with both the Giants and the CoTF and if he was a God himself, he demanded Blood Sacrifice from worshipers to ensure a bountiful harvest.  That would lead us to the presumption that he brought with him a God or Gods, possibly related to the Bloodstone Emperor or simply from another religion in which Blood Sacrifice was utilized.  

This then allows for the Old Gods to remain as they are, of Earth, Stone and Tree, while also having new gods introduced, such as the Deep Ones, the Drowned God, or another God from Essosi history that we don't typically relate to Westeros.  The Deep Ones are said to be a queer, misshapen race of half-men sired by creatures of the salt seas upon human women.  Interestingly these are believed to be the precursors for the Drowned God and they can possibly be traced back to Essos via the Lorathi Mazemakers, who were killed by creatures from the sea.  Now even more interesting is the coincidence that the would-be rulers of the Iron Islands seek the Seastone Chair, which is made up of that black-stone that appears in various parts of the World (The Hightowere, the Five Forts, The Mazemakers and the walls of Asshai).  Now then, if we look at The Grey King, the legendary monarch of the Iron Islands, he's said to have slain Nagga, and the Drowned God then turned her bones to stone.  There seems to be some discrepancy as to his throne as the legend says that when the Grey King descended to the watery halls of the Drowned God, the Storm God snuffed out Nagga's fire and stole his throne, leaving Nagga's Bones as the only remnants of the Grey King's Hall.  So is the Seastone Chair truly related back to the Drowned God, or was it there prior?  The legends state that it was found on the shores of Old Wyk by the First Men, but perhaps the Seastone Chair was a symbol to a different religion prior?  Perhaps not.

What I find interesting is the differences of the various religions throughout the world, both in Essos and Westeros.  

We have Water Gods, Earth Gods, Fire Gods and perhaps an Ice God.  We also have the Seven Gods as One, the Many Faced God, The Lion of Night God (Yi Ti) and even the Outer Gods (Church of Starry Wisdom).

I find it's very difficult to know just how GRRM is setting all of this up.  Is he using many Gods or the belief of many Gods as within our own world, or are many of these Gods overlapping gods that can ultimately be reduced to a few or a handful?

As far as the questions:

1) I don't make much of his eye patch as yet.  My guess is he lost that eye in battle, but it very well could be to hide something (say a gem that provides a glamour).  There is the memory from Theon in which he says his patch covers a black eye shining with malice.

2) Perhaps it has to do with his non-adherence to the Drowned God's faith?  Now I'm not saying that he worships the Storm God, whom is the eternal enemy of the DG, but Ravens are his creatures; perhaps by calling him the Crow's Eye, it's a sort of connotation that he's in league with the enemy insofar as the Drowned God's followers are concerned?  Of course it may very well be that he is Bloodraven's man of sorts and thus the Crow's Eye, but I'm not completely sold on that just yet.

3) I think this may relate back to #2.  the Coat shows two crows carrying a crown above a single red and black, cat's eye on an indigo border.  Then there is the quote to Rodrick Harlaw in which he says, "I am the storm, my lord, the first storm and the last."  Then there's also the relationship of Ravens to House Hoare and in that quartering of their sigil is a black raven upon a blue field (sky) so perhaps it has something to do with that, though in House Hoare's sigil the raven is associated with the maester's at Oldtown?  It would seem to Euron's aims for the Ironborn were the same as House Hoare's, when they expanded their holdings the most then at any time in their history.

4) It's rather difficult to say, he claims he serves 10k gods, but does so in the sense that when his ship's sails are spotted across the world, sailors pray.  What's interesting is that Euron espouses to the Old Ways of the Iron Born, which is conquest and fire and blood, which doesn't seem to quite be the association to the Drowned God we've been given, so perhaps it relates back to a religion that pre-dates the First Men, such as the maze under the Hightower and the Seastone Chair, as well as the other places that have the Oily Black Stone as prominent architecture within their societies.  I would venture to guess that Euron doesn't follow the Drowned God.  Another interesting thing is that Euron seems to have a duality of traits with that one black eye and one blue eye and curiously, chooses to hide the black eye in favor of showing the blue eye (if that patched eye still functions).

So, did you watch my video above? Because I hint at aomething of a third way. Euron is not actually Bloodraven's man, but has been manipilated by him in the past. What do you think about that?

I personally still don't know about this whole Garth the Green thing. Mainly because I can't see how this will play any role in the actual text. I mean, I love to speculate on that, but I usually try to focus on things that I can actually see having an impact on the main story. Granted, of course, that the borders are quite fuzzy.

I find the thing with the eyepatch really curious. It is never ever mentioned that he lost an eye. All people seem to agree that there is some kind of eye under that eyepatch, right? Not just an empty socket. But we really don't get that much information. I mean, if the guy had lost an eye in battle, his men would know and remember and it would be common knowledge. If he lost it on a voyage somewhere, people would also have talked about it, like, "Hey, Euron, what happened to your eye?" There would be some story about it, wouldn't it?

I can't really agree that Euron's aims are the same as House Hoare's. Why would you come to that conclusion? I mean, yes, he wants to conquer. But that's about it, isn't it? He is not really looking to reclaim the Riverlands and the Arbor and so on. He is trying to do much more, so why bother with House Hoare's legacy? And, of courrse, the Raven was never really a symbol for House Hoare, was it? If he wanted to emulate House Hoare, he would have used either the longship or the chains, wouldn't he?

I suspect his crow's eye is the color of green seers, but specifically in his case dark, almost black, green with red deposits. It's called his Crow's Eye because he wargs crows, which is why he has them on his flag. The eye on the flag is also black and red, bloodstone. He worships himself. He identifies himself with the Bloodstone Emperor, which is why he tells Victarion that Danny has amethyst eyes. No one else describes her eyes that way, with the exception of Victarion repeating him. He even references the gemstone emperors in his " I'm the Godliest Man" speech.

And no, I haven't had a chance to look at the video yet. It much easier for me to read most of the time. I will try to watch it later.

So, did you watch my video above? Because I hint at aomething of a third way. Euron is not actually Bloodraven's man, but has been manipilated by him in the past. What do you think about that?
I personally still don't know about this whole Garth the Green thing. Mainly because I can't see how this will play any role in the actual text. I mean, I love to speculate on that, but I usually try to focus on things that I can actually see having an impact on the main story. Granted, of course, that the borders are quite fuzzy.

I find the thing with the eyepatch really curious. It is never ever mentioned that he lost an eye. All people seem to agree that there is some kind of eye under that eyepatch, right? Not just an empty socket. But we really don't get that much information. I mean, if the guy had lost an eye in battle, his men would know and remember and it would be common knowledge. If he lost it on a voyage somewhere, people would also have talked about it, like, "Hey, Euron, what happened to your eye?" There would be some story about it, wouldn't it?

I can't really agree that Euron's aims are the same as House Hoare's. Why would you come to that conclusion? I mean, yes, he wants to conquer. But that's about it, isn't it? He is not really looking to reclaim the Riverlands and the Arbor and so on. He is trying to do much more, so why bother with House Hoare's legacy? And, of courrse, the Raven was never really a symbol for House Hoare, was it? If he wanted to emulate House Hoare, he would have used either the longship or the chains, wouldn't he?

I'll try to catch your video but at the moment, no I haven't viewed it.  I'm open to Euron having been manipulated by BR, but I guess I'd ask how so?  

The reason Garth is mentioned is because even though we can't be definitive about his existence, what we can say is IF the legend is true then that means that there's been a religion in Westeros besides the Old Gods that calls for not only sacrifice, but Blood Sacrifice.  This then raises the question of whether or not there was at least one man if not a score of settlers who arrived prior to the waves of First Men from the Arm.  The Seastone Chair while made of the oily black stone has no 'real' connection to the Drowned God per the text, but we do have textual references to other societies/religions that do have a connection to that oily black stone.  I certainly understand and agree with you in that I try to look for things that pertinent to the current story but I think in some small ways, all of that old history is relevant, because history is repeating itself.  But I do take your point.

I would agree about the eyepatch.  I 'assumed'.  There's no real basis for that conclusion, except that when you see someone with an eye patch (aside from a minor injury) you presume they've lost use of that eye, otherwise you risk damaging the eye by keeping the patch on if it's otherwise healthy.  Maybe that's what GRRM wants, for us to just be assuming... but it could be for other reasons.  As we do have Theon's recollection though that's it black and shining with malice that gets one to wondering... and that leads me to Harren the Black, because he had plenty of malice in him and, he's from the Iron Islands and because House Hoare followed the "Old Way", which certainly hasn't been part of the Ironborn culture for quite awhile now.  Oh sure they've plundered a little here and there and they revolted once and got smacked down, but they haven't been able to achieve ANYTHING close to what House Hoare was able to achieve for the Ironborn since that time.  House Hoare's expanse is reflected in their sigil, and within that is the Raven.  Now I'm only suggesting possibilities as to why Euron would take up his sigil or why he'd associate or is associated with not only Crows but the Crow's Eye.  The Crow's Eyes are black, are they not?  The birds that is.  House Hoare is noted as being of the Black Line or Black Blood.  Now I'm not suggesting that Euron is a distant kin to Hoare, he could be but I have no evidence to support that, what I'm saying is maybe Euron emulates that.  I mean it'll be interesting to see if we get any light shed on why he has the nickname or why he has the crow on his sigil, then see how it relates back to our guesses and theories.  Who knows maybe it's supposed to represent the carrion crows that show up after they kill a bunch of non-suspected farmers and such...  maybe he would use the longships and/or the chains as you suggest, but I don't see them in his sigil nor in his nickname, I'm just going by what we're given of Euron and what that might relate to in the histories.  :)

My growing hunch is that ASoIaF is the story where the world was thrown out of balance by past events and that the resolution requires a reunion of the opposites that balance now swings wildly between.

Truth.

Though I don't think the Children caused this imbalance. I think they are working towards fixing it. I just think it is more Martin's style to have it be the fault of humans.

I suspect his crow's eye is the color of green seers, but specifically in his case dark, almost black, green with red deposits. It's called his Crow's Eye because he wargs crows, which is why he has them on his flag. The eye on the flag is also black and red, bloodstone. He worships himself. He identifies himself with the Bloodstone Emperor, which is why he tells Victarion that Danny has amethyst eyes. No one else describes her eyes that way, with the exception of Victarion repeating him. He even references the gemstone emperors in his " I'm the Godliest Man" speech.

And no, I haven't had a chance to look at the video yet. It much easier for me to read most of the time. I will try to watch it later.

Ahh yes, good catch DD.  I think there's a connection to the BE as far as he's concerned.  I think he does worship himself.  I'm not sure I'd buy that Euron is a skinchanger but I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

Very interesting while I am not yet sold on this. I have a different idea why he is after Dany (beside the dragons, of course), but I think that these are not mutually exclusive. I will talk about this on a future episode, so I will not go into all the details here for now. I would like to have that discussion after I had the chance to put my ideas into words in a proper way.

Ahh yes, good catch DD.  I think there's a connection to the BE as far as he's concerned.  I think he does worship himself.  I'm not sure I'd buy that Euron is a skinchanger but I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

Just to get that straight real quick: I also think he worships himself, of course. I think he is a follower of the Storm God, but he considers himself the Storm Gods champion or even his heir, so he can do both, I guess.

Truth.

Though I don't think the Children caused this imbalance. I think they are working towards fixing it. I just think it is more Martin's style to have it be the fault of humans.

Well, in the sense that humans were invading the Children's lands with superior weapons it would be their fault in a sense. Its roughly akin to the old Godzilla threshold... at a certain point things are so bad for the "good guys" (the Children in this case) that letting Godzilla (the Long Night/Others) loose on the threat can't make it any worse.

Its also worth noting that its been brought up in story that the dating of events pre-Andal invasion could be off by thousands of years and the story of the Last Hero involves a First Man seeking out the Children (whom they were supposedly already in alliance with) for aid in the Long Night. But if they were already allies why would he need to search for years to find them? It has also been proposed elsewhere that based on the story the Last Hero seems more like an ambassador and given where the story left off for the Last Hero he almost certainly had to treat with rather than fight the approaching Others.

So what I propose is this; the timing of the peace with the Children and the Long Night are off the order reversed. The Children were losing the war against the First Men, who seemed intent on genocide. They had already pulled one comet down on the land bridge to Essos in an attempt to stop them and it didn't stop them. So, if you're dead either way, why not take the other guy with you?

So they bring down something... let's call it the Heart of Winter for the moment... which creates the Long Night as a last ditch suicidal plan to end the threat of the First Men forever. This was something the First Men couldn't hope to fight (though some might have sought to control this power themselves and become the Others) and so they sent their Last Hero (Last because the First Men were, in effect, surrendering to the Children of the Forest... later to go so far as to adopt the religion of the Children as their own) as an envoy to broker a peace with the Children and after much struggle an accord was reached.

But there's always a price to such magics as could throw the world into eternal darkness and my guess is that to undo what they had done the Children had to instigate the cosmic event recorded in the legend of Azor Ahai... driving a fiery sword-like comet into Planetos' second moon (Nissa Nissa) and obliterating it to draw down the Heart of Summer to counterbalance the Heart of Winter. The previous measured balance of the seasons brought about by the twin moons was lost, but a rough balance between ice and fire was created... an erratic wobbling of the seasons was better than no seasons at all.

I'll admit, I'm still running my 'grand unification' theory through its paces and bits and pieces are changing as I try to work it out in my head... but I think there's definitely MORE to the Children's story than that they were just pacifistic nature Hippies whom the First Men waged war on until a peace was made where the First Men started living like the pacifistic nature Hippies.

That doesn't feel any more authentic to me than "The Others are just pure evil and good and righteous Dany will ride in with her dragons and save the day with a smiling group shot around the Iron Throne closing things out" does.

All the cultures of Westeros have proven to be more than purely angels or purely demons so I see no reason why the Children would be any different.

Just to get that straight real quick: I also think he worships himself, of course. I think he is a follower of the Storm God, but he considers himself the Storm Gods champion or even his heir, so he can do both, I guess.

I think if we take the "Godliest Man" speech at face value, that is recognizing, it as openly ironic, it shows Euron doesn't believe in the gods. If he worships the Storm God, it's in the same way a smart ass teen, who is really an atheist, worships Satan to freak his religious parents out. He is playing with magical forces that are often personified by the religions of the books, but I don't think he believes in those personifications.

I think if we take the "Godliest Man" speech at face value, that is recognizing, it as openly ironic, it shows Euron doesn't believe in the gods. If he worships the Storm God, it's in the same way a smart ass teen, who is really an atheist, worships Satan to freak his religious parents out. He is playing with magical forces that are often personified by the religions of the books, but I don't think he believes in those personifications.

Hm, I'm not sure if you are not going just a little bit too far here. Of course he is joking here. He is not the godliest man as in the most pious and most devout person in Westeros. But I don't think it's all a joke. He probably knows more about the gods of Planetos than any other Westerosi. And, you know, as the Chosen One or a son of a god you don't really need to be pious or anything. So I don't think the comparison to Satan really works out here. He's not smart ass teen, he has some serious delusions of grandeur that were most likely caused by Bloodraven. What I am saying is: The "satanist" kid in your comparison doesn't think as highly of himelf as Euron does.

Hm, I'm not sure if you are not going just a little bit too far here. Of course he is joking here. He is not the godliest man as in the most pious and most devout person in Westeros. But I don't think it's all a joke. He probably knows more about the gods of Planetos than any other Westerosi. And, you know, as the Chosen One or a son of a god you don't really need to be pious or anything. So I don't think the comparison to Satan really works out here. He's not smart ass teen, he has some serious delusions of grandeur that were most likely caused by Bloodraven. What I am saying is: The "satanist" kid in your comparison doesn't think as highly of himelf as Euron does.

No I will grant that the "satanist" kid doesn't have anywhere on the level delusions of grandeur that Euron has, but I don't think he is pious or even necessarily a believer in anything other than his ability to use these magical forces to grasp power. I think that is one valid interpretation based on the evidence. He is utterly unpious.

No I will grant that the "satanist" kid doesn't have anywhere on the level delusions of grandeur that Euron has, but I don't think he is pious or even necessarily a believer in anything other than his ability to use these magical forces to grasp power. I think that is one valid interpretation based on the evidence. He is utterly unpious.

I think my opinion is not so far from yours as it might seem. I mean, we agree that he is not pious whatsoever. We only disagree on what's most likely to be the character of his delusions of grandeur, I guess. I think they have to do with religion, but I agree that they don't necessarily have to be. Just my interpretation.

I think my opinion is not so far from yours as it might seem. I mean, we agree that he is not pious whatsoever. We only disagree on what's most likely to be the character of his delusions of grandeur, I guess. I think they have to do with religion, but I agree that they don't necessarily have to be. Just my interpretation.

Fair enough. I just watched the video by the way. One point on that, crows in the Drowned  God mythos are supposed to be servants of the Storm God, so that would seem to be as likely ab explaination as the  association  with Blood Raven.

Fair enough. I just watched the video by the way. One point on that, crows in the Drowned  God mythos are supposed to be servants of the Storm God, so that would seem to be as likely ab explaination as the  association  with Blood Raven.

But doesn't it make the most sense that both are true? He might have dreamed of Bloodraven and because of that chosen the Storm God. Is this combination not the best explanation? I mean, crows being the Storm God's creatures doesn't explain the red eye and the eyepatch, does it? It also doesn't explain why he would develope an interest in that supposedly evil god in the first place. I mean, let's imagine it started the way it started with Bran: prophetic dreams of a strange crow. So, young Euron wondered what this crow is. He is Ironborn, so he automatically thinks of the Storm God. He sees Bloodraven's power and thinks it's the Storm God's power. And so on. I mean, the pieces seem to fit, don't they?

In my opinion, greenseers and Children are the ultimate deities of this universe. They have the ability to foresee a future and send visions like Bloodraven does to Bran. And BECAUSE they have visions of future, they shape the world like they foresee it.

I think every religion in this universe deviates from them. For example, Melisandre is given her visions not by Red God, but by Bloodraven in order for her to do the things he needs her to do like he foresaw. He probably uses Euron and Ghost of High Heart and every other person with "visions" the same way. And so on and so forth.

I think he knows how to bring the balance to the world caused by cosmic catastrophe due to his knowledge of future and realize humans are needed to be controlled and manipulated in order to get there. Bloodraven and Children are the ultimate gods of this universe and personification of Mother Nature, but he cannot shape future events forever, he needs a succesor because he is drained by weirwoods. I believe Bran will take the torch from him and continue his work for the next millenia. "Valar morghulis" applies to everyone, even a character like Bloodraven.

So yeah, I think Children and Bloodraven's ultimate goal is not to help humans and defeat White Walkers and undead army, it is to restore balance to the world by making ice and fire forces clash and death will consume a lot of humans. In the aftermath, there will be balance and a hope for a new world from the ashes of an old one and a "prince that was promised" to lead survivors (sounds like X-Men Apocalypse trailer, but I really believe so, once majority of humans destroy each other in the last battle, Children and greenseers will come out of their caves and restore balance between ice and fire caused by second Long Night and bring hope of Spring and life).

Archived