Missing a Meisha Merlin/Sub Press numbered or lettered ed?

Geddon

I guess it's my biannual inquiry--anyone know where Meisha Merlin Game of Thrones #178 is?

Also, just FYI, I almost cobbled together a matching #45 set, but the owner of #45 SoS wouldn't even consider a straight-up trade for a different numbered SoS (plus some cash).

That, my friends, was a frustrating day.

I guess it's my biannual inquiry--anyone know where Meisha Merlin Game of Thrones #178 is?

Also, just FYI, I almost cobbled together a matching #45 set, but the owner of #45 SoS wouldn't even consider a straight-up trade for a different numbered SoS (plus some cash).

That, my friends, was a frustrating day.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Were you offering a much higher number in exchange?

That doesn't make any sense at all. Were you offering a much higher number in exchange?

It would have been #267 or 288, which is higher, yes, but this is the perplexing part: they weren't interested in building a set. Seems like they were fine with keeping it as a stand-alone.

I even explained how much it would mean to me to be able to complete a set and... surprise, no dice.

That's pretty crappy, if I had someones missing number I'd definitely try to help them out.

I know, right? Oh well. I guess they're more interested in the standalone novel and their number than helping a fellow fan out.

I have the Meisha Merlin (#173) edition of A GAME OF THRONES which has become more valuable than I feel it's worth. So I guess I'm willing to sell it if I can find a first hardcover mass market edition (like the rest of my ASoIaF books), either US or UK with which to replace it. I'll entertain offers on the MM, and want to know if anyone has a first edition hc for sale and the asking price. Thanks.

Just wanted you to be aware that Rugburn, a sometime poster on this board (see this link) has CoK, SoS, and AFfC in #173. You might want to work with Rug on selling yours. I'm sure they'd leap at the chance...

Just purchased a Subterranean set with the meisha CoK, plus all future rights. No GoT, though! I am going to call tomorrow and see what number it is. If I cannot find the match. I will gladly take any Meisha GoT. I would really just like to have all of the books. If anyone knows of any stray Meisha GoT, please let me know! Maybe it will be a match! If not, any will do. THANKS!

Midnightrider: Please message me and we can talk about a GoT Meish Merlin. I have one that's mismatched from my set that I'm considering selling. It's not #19 though.

EDIT: The number I have is #116.

This is no longer available, as it's found a new home.

Well I'll repost my want list too then!

I'm looking for Feast for Crows #184 and future rights. I have the previous books in that number.

I currently have Feast for Crows #438 and future rights, and I'll soon have Dance with Dragons and future rights in a number I won't know until the book ships from Sub Press. Any of these I might trade in pursuit of matching set. Or if I find the earlier books in #438, I might trade the #184s.

• 2 weeks later...

Know of aGoT 259?

Got parts of the 416 set? Let me know.

Theres a MM Clash of Kings up on ebay, priced at 750, still in wraps. Asked what number it is, but no answer yet. I would consider this a scoop, but no bids as yet. Actually I would consider anything under 1k a steal, and the only reason it aint selling gotta be that the MM ones really are illegitimate now. I really really didn't see this one coming.

For gods sake, it's only one week before the season 2 starts, is should be in it's price peek.

What do you mean illegitimate? Because Subpress is re-doing GoT and CoK?

I would also venture that 750 might be a bit high. I think around 600 might be more realistic. But it's an auction, there's no reason to believe that the bidding won't start until it's almost near the end.

Yeah because of the remakes, or rather because SP are making a clear line between two different sets, making their own the 'real' one as it contains the whole series.

(And yes I know MM was first, thus made the first limited edition, and by all means are the true set.)

But I agree, 750 was too high to start a bidding war on. But if it ends under 1k, that's definitively going in then wrong direction.

Edit: the Clash of Kings on ebay seems to be number 340.

Archived