BEST IC QUOTES

White Lion

I usually eschew putting up quotes from myself, but this time I'll bend that rule 'cause I like these two.

Almer Connington, in response to Jyana Arryn's plea to spare Jonn Lannister because he once saved her life:

"If he saved your life, my lady, then that is one good deed on his behalf. But what is a single drop of rain thrown at the heart of the sun?"

Same, after a night of drowning his sorrows due to the various women in his life:

"I think I'm done with ladies... From now on it's whores for me."

Here's Jyana Arryn, giving Almer an opening which he completely blows:

"I wish there was some way I could ease your burdens momentarily, but all I can think of to do is listen."

Dagur Saltcliffe, what a charmer:

"The women here cry often and much," he observes. "Another one of your greenlander games."

Again Dagur charms the ladies:

"But roses grow in shit and they have thorns. Time you realised that."

Reyna and Dagur discussing the quality of Dornish wine:

"This, Ser Dagur," she coughs, "tastes exactly like I would imagine

donkey piss does."

"...It's Dornish. I imagine they pissed in it themselves before I took

it from them."

And one more from me, since it's my post and I like this quote about Jonn:

"Perhaps the gods you are so fond of beseeching arranged our little collision here today," Almer tells departing Dagur as he pulls himself into the saddle and mounts up. "If they are merciful, then they will be with Jonn Lannister. If they are just, then they will not."

"It feels like someone chokes you from inside. Like someone cuts open everything in your gut and fills it with ice. Like someone sits on your chest to crush every breath from your body. I became cold inside just so I could breathe again."

- Kellyn to Jonn, after he told her of his unfaithful ways.

I'll give it to Dagur, the guy knows how to throw an insult:

"Cadan Martell?" the ironborn knight snorts on Almer's heels. "The Boy-Lover Who Knelt?"

Jonn drops an irony bomb:

"But as for me, I will no longer be consumed by petty feuds and rivalries. I am grieved that I have insulted your precious honor so -- but it is time you get over it, and act like the grown men you are."

Loreza's NPC knows how to melt a man's heart:

The redhead laughs loudly at whatever he was whispering in her ear, and then mockingly sticks her nose in the air "I'll be a lady proper for you, /milord/, if you've the coin.." She grins, and it is clear now why her initial smile was lopsided - she is missing a few teeth on the left side of her mouth.

Reyna, on how she deals with being a newlywed:

"Gods, I do believe I'm drunk," she says to the darkness. "Drunk enough to sleep through it, anyway."

Almer is a cocky bastard:

"I cannot undo this, Reyna. This is a foe I cannot fight. Oh, certainly, I could kill Dagur Saltcliffe... sword to sword in the sunrise, and when he lies cold on the ground, I'd steal you away to my castle by the sea. Just like in the songs ... But that would accomplish nothing, save putting me in a gibbet and you in a motherhouse."

Jyana is mysterious:

"...I....don't want to save the world," she says grudgingly. "Not really anyways. Maybe I just want to change it. Or maybe..." The first smile she's shown in two days tugs faintly on the edges of her mouth. "Maybe in the end I just want to save myself."

Jonn (a.k.a. the Dr. Phil of King's Landing):

"A marriage can be the cure for many sicknesses," he says, certainly loud enough for the departing Reyna to hear, "especially those of an internal nature. Or so a kindly maester once informed me."

Dagur Saltcliffe to Jaesin Lannister:

"Pirate? Very good, ser. Work harder at your japery and you may even earn a lackwit's motley."

Jaesin to Dagur:

"You should thank my brother, Ser Dagur. If he hadn't enjoyed your wife's company quite so thoroughly, her hand would surely have gone to someone of more appropriate station."

And an OOC one. Because I feel like it.

<OOC> Dagur says, "You emo boys need to stop bitching about Dorne. This is how impotence happens, you know. You see a hot chick, you should be thinking about boning her, but you're so obsessed with Dorne, you start thinking of Garvys instead and pretty soon you're getting images of boning Garvys and that's the last time you'll ever pop one without some expensive Myrish herbs. Fact."

<OOC> Almer is thinking about boning your wife.

<OOC> Dagur says, "Yeah, you'll need herbs for that too."

<OOC> Reyna says, "HEY!"

• 3 weeks later...

Dagur: "You can thank my goodmother for this. She uses what tools she has to hand. And it seems I am the only one in King's Landing right now."

Jonothor: "So you are a tool - what is your purpose, then?"

<Public>: Dagur says, "Jonothor just called me a tool!"

<Public>: Jonothor says, "You said it yourself!"

• 3 weeks later...

Alvyn 'The Ironmonger' Saltcliffe to his good-niece and Lord Tyrell's sister, Reyna Saltcliffe:

"I reave your brother's lands. I burn his villages...the last one, I left not even a stone standing. I kill the menfolk. I take their women -- by force the first time but they come willingly to my bed the second. I give them to my men when I am done with them. And there is not a man or woman alive who could swear to it. Did you think me born yesterday, girl? Take your tales to the King's Justice -- Urron's balls, take them to the Hand! -- and see what they get you."

• 2 weeks later...

Elanna's freudian slip:

"My Lord of Dondarrion, this is Ser Fagur Saltcliffe, husband of Reyna. She you will meet soon, I should think," a small smile, "How fares your endeavours today, my lord of Saltcliffe?" she asks of Dagur.

Dagur's apparently chickened out of posting this, so I'll do it. :P He was answering Dalton's question as to why Jaesin wasn't doing any dealing on his father's behalf, and doing so in what's proven to be typical Dagur fashion:

"The golden fool at the council table?" the ironman laughs, short and sharp. "He'd likely sell the Rock's gold mines for another pretty bauble to wear in his ear. No, he is best suited to the lists where the maidens can swoon over him. Lackspur, whatever his faults, has his wits about him, at least."

Archived