Casting the Movie Continued Continued Continued

Ser Bruce the Hound KG

Just to keep everyone up to speed, we're casting a Song of Ice and Fire movie/miniseries/whatever.

The cast list is here: http://geocities.com/asoiafcasting/

Our ideas go here.

back to work :):P

The way I would do it would be cast good Sharpeans in most role and maybe get a few big names for some of the roles such as Tywin and Ned

Just to keep everyone up to speed, we're casting a Song of Ice and Fire movie/miniseries/whatever.

The cast list is here: http://geocities.com/asoiafcasting/

Our ideas go here.

back to work :):P

The way I would do it would be cast good Sharpeans in most role and maybe get a few big names for some of the roles such as Tywin and Ned

What do you think about Tobin Bell as Doran Martell. Tobin Bell played Jigsaw in the horror trilogy Saw I, Saw II, and Saw III.

Tobin's not really believable there...he looks way too emaciated and not related to the other Martells...

In my mind Tobin Bell seems to have similar mannerisms, personality, and elaborate thinking that Doran martell is noted for. Well, except for his twisted "games" he likes to play, if you've seen any of the Saw horror movies.

Tobin Bell does look emaciated, because in the Saw movies, he is the Jigsaw killer dying of cancer. He would be a perfect typecast fit to Doran Martell who is dying of his own disease called gout.

What do you think about Tobin Bell as Doran Martell. Tobin Bell played Jigsaw in the horror trilogy Saw I, Saw II, and Saw III.

He doesn't really look Dornish. The actors we have playing Dornish characters are quite swarthy, but Bell is pale and blue-eyed!

What does everyone think of Darcia's suggestion of Lizzy Caplan as Asha? Personally I think it's a great choice, she'd play the role brilliantly. However, she doesn't look like Jonathan Rhys Meyers's older sister, so Lizzy and the recently suggested Jason Dohring might be a better Asha/Theon combination. They're both a better age (Jason fits with our appropriately young Jon and Robb unlike JRM who's about ten years older) and they're both better actors, IMO.

On the other hand JRM and Milla Jovovich look more like brother and sister and JRM has long been a very popular choice for Theon.

Hi all. First time poster here, long time lurker though.

Now this may not be surprising coming from a dutchie, but I would to see Rutger Hauer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000442/) in this series. He is perfect for a drama serie.

I see him as either Tywin, or his brother Kevan Lannister, we know he can play a bad guy (see Blade Runner, Sin City and Batman Begins) and I think he would look the part either way.

Opinions?

Hi Apeman - Rutger Hauer has been suggested for Tywin before but got rejected for being too fat. :)

About Theon and Asha - I'm not sure Lizzy and Jason look like brother and sister, so what about moving Zegers to Theon instead. Kevin is really too old to be Gendry, but the right age to be Theon, I think. And Zegers is shortish so that would fit in with the height complex. :D

About Theon and Asha - I'm not sure Lizzy and Jason look like brother and sister, so what about moving Zegers to Theon instead. Kevin is really too old to be Gendry, but the right age to be Theon, I think. And Zegers is shortish so that would fit in with the height complex. :D

Great idea! :thumbsup:

So that means we'd need a new Gendry. I still like Nicholas Hoult. Anyone got any others? With Robb and Jon being played by actual teenagers we need a Gendry who is also a teenager.

And does anyone else have any thoughts on Robert Lindsay as Rickard Karstark?

How about german actor Til Schweiger as Jaime?He's got the looks and such a wicked smile,I immediately thought of Jaime while watching TV talk show this morning in which he was a guest.I would like to post a link but it seems that there's some problem with hyperlink .Anyway that guy is better solution than Jansen.

How about german actor Til Schweiger as Jaime?He's got the looks and such a wicked smile,I immediately thought of Jaime while watching TV talk show this morning in which he was a guest.I would like to post a link but it seems that there's some problem with hyperlink .Anyway that guy is better solution than Jansen.

I've never seen him act but I just looked him up on IMDb and he's 43! He's way too old to be Jaime, and personally I don't think he's good looking either.

And why Zegers as Theon? He doesn't look like Theon there and JRM is still the better actor of the two.

Because if we recast Asha with Lizzy Caplan (who I think would play the role far better than Milla Jovovich) then we need a Theon who looks like her younger brother. JRM is quite blatantly older than her but Zegers actually is two years younger than her. Their relative acting skills are debateable - IMO, JRM is always decent but never really brilliant whereas Zegers is as good as his script - he sucked donkey balls in Smallville but he was great in Transamerica.

And why do you say he doesn't look like Theon? Theon is described as a lean, dark youth, which Zegers is. He looks a hell of a lot more like Theon than he does Gendry. He's too old, too short and far too pretty to be Gendry. Gendry needs someone who scowls, not someone who pouts. But Theon? He is so a pouter :D

Archived