Battlestar Galactica: The new movie + pre-Season 4 thread

Werthead

Arsebollocks :tantrum:

(reasonably minor spoilers for Season 4 in that link btw)

A 13-month gap between Seasons 3 and 4? And they still haven't decided if they're going to show the season in one go? That would seem to confirm that the Season 3 DVD release in the US won't be until April either.

Craptacular.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't I see a nod to the original series in the way the two vipers were flying and a further nod with the destruction of the Battlestar Columbia?
Totally. They took a bunch of shots from the original series and modified them slightly. Some of the ones you'd see repeated again and again showed up here. Especially the cylon and how it flew.

It was awesome.

And as for that fifth “chosen†Cylon? “It’s definitely been decided who that one is,†Moore said, but it won’t be revealed early. “I can’t say when, but we’re certainly not waiting until the last episode to tell you who it is.â€

Anybody else thinks it will be the new character that will be introduced in Razor ?

Nevertheless I think it should be Starbuck. It would of course explain the end of season 3, but also how she learned so fast to ride a Cylon Raider back in Season 1.

(and there is also the fact that she is way too sexy to be just an human :smoking:;) )

I think it's Tom Zarek. He was ruled out before due to his age but we know now that that's not a problem.

So, we're waiting much longer than anticipated for something that's going to be broken in two and who knows when the second half will arrive? Strangely, I think we're much better able to deal with this on this board than others ;)

Wert

Well it is very disappointing. I don't actually see a reason in that article for why it has been postponed from January to April. Moore seems to be pushing for it to be aired in one go at least, which one may hope they will do.

But I also have to admit I am simply less excited for the series now after series 3.

But I also have to admit I am simply less excited for the series now after series 3.

I'm excited to see it, but the way it keeps getting pushed back and poossibly broken up, I mayu just wait until the DVD comes out to watch the end. From what Moore has said, it certainly wasn't written/structred to have a break in the middle. If I can wait 13 months, I can wait another 12 to see the end (and without commercials).

A 13-month gap between Seasons 3 and 4? And they still haven't decided if they're going to show the season in one go? That would seem to confirm that the Season 3 DVD release in the US won't be until April either.

Any idea if Sky might show it earlier over here? IIRC they did show Season 1 before the US did.

Sky One have the rights to air Season 4 from January, but it's probably that that was tied to the SFC's start date and they'll have to change the date with the SFC. Sky One only screened Season 1 first because they stumped up for about 20% of Season 1's budget, which they didn't do for the later seasons.

Just watched Webisode 4.

:stunned:

SPOILER: WTF?
So Adama once engaged in vicious hand-to-hand combat with a Cylon Centurion whilst diving through the atmosphere of a planet? Nice touch when he kills it the same way he killed Leoben, but still...it feels a little Steven Segal-ish for me.

Right? Will there be any point? I stopped entirely 3 episodes into season 3. Did it turn ok by the end?
The first 4 episodes of season 3 are awesome. The 4th episode being probably my favourite episode of any television show ever.

It derailed a bit after that. Sort of like they completely blew their load. It got a bit back on track in the last few episodes of the season (which I really liked).

If you didn't like the first 3 eps of season 3, though, you may not find the rest of it worth your time...

i really really really disliked

SPOILER:
the final 4 of 5 revelation and who they turned out to be. especially since the writers didnt know who was going to be a cylon until season 3. i think it totally cheapens the first two seasons worth of character development. especially for Chief and Col. Tigh

The first 4 episodes of season 3 are awesome. The 4th episode being probably my favourite episode of any television show ever.

It derailed a bit after that. Sort of like they completely blew their load. It got a bit back on track in the last few episodes of the season (which I really liked).

If you didn't like the first 3 eps of season 3, though, you may not find the rest of it worth your time...

By halfway through season 2, I found Starbuck & Apollo individually intolerable; in combination they were like Mike Tyson's left & right in the 80's. The religious crap was unbelievably annoying. And when it started looking like every single major character was a Cylon, it kind of killed the whole point of the show for me. So...

One of the former CGI guys on BSG does a tutorial here on how to create CGI shots. He frequently interrupts the tutorial to unleash rage upon his time on BSG, his co-workers and the overall direction of the CGI on the show. It's pretty funny and obviously totally unreliable, but it does perhaps explain why the CGI in the second half of Season 3 yo-yos crazily between 'really cool' (in The Passage and Maelstrom) to 'absolutely shit' (some of the shots in Crossroads, Part 2).

SPOILER:

If they cannot explain why Tigh is a Cylon, even though he is old enough to have fought in the first war before the cylons had the ability to create "skin jobs," this wonderful show will have losts all meaning to me.

i really really really disliked
SPOILER:
the final 4 of 5 revelation and who they turned out to be. especially since the writers didnt know who was going to be a cylon until season 3. i think it totally cheapens the first two seasons worth of character development. especially for Chief and Col. Tigh

It looks like people are disappointed because they think of the final five Cylons as entities very similar to the ones we already know. While they're probably something very different. I think it was not that important for the authors to know who they were. They probably crafted more precisely what they were while writing the last season, and from that chose who fit the best. Since we don't know what the final Cylons actually are, it's difficult to understand why they are the ones we have discovered in the finale.

I dunno; didn't seem all that mystical for Laura's cancer to return. It's not like cancer returning is a big deal.

And most importantly, Cylons were very human in body, but robotic in mind.
Really? The "God has a plan for all of us, crying because Sharon found love, getting pissed off at Adama, manipulating Starbuck & toying with people cylons were...robotic?

Dunno; I never thought of the cylons as very robotic for some reason.

Archived