WoW - continued

Lyanna Stark

Elitism? I'm not elite. Far from it. I don't pretend to be. I'm pretty decent at what I like to do, and that's about it.

then what's up with the cock waving? get that kinda shit in game all too often (thank god for vent mute.) Id love to come on here and NOT see that...and we know how important my desires are in the grand scheme of things.

kal, no comment.

That's simply not true.

Raiding is a LOT of hard work and focus, especially with progression content.

Maybe it's because I know what it is like to raid lead progression content for a guild, it's really really REALLY hard to coordinate 20 or more people, or for that sake, ten.

Also, "making a few macros and LOL" is so not true if you want to really push your DPS. My maximum burst was sitting on 1100 on MAggie,and you will NOT get that from just "making a macro".

"Unless you are a tank" you dont need any skill? I find your comment insulting.

But grats on getting all kinds of loot in two runs that I did not get in 5 months. I guess that makes you > me at raiding then?

1. Doesn't make me better at raiding as that would be an odd stance at best. I merely said that it is easier to get equipment raiding then Arena-ing given the possibility of getting lucky and getting it all in one night. Because you are unlucky doesn't mean you are bad at raiding, merely means you are unlucky. The luck quotient is eliminated in PVP so while it may be easier in that you have a set amount of games to do per week and after a set number of weeks you can get your equip, its also hard in that there is no chance of getting that equipment quickly.

2. Your macros comment is odd considering how you posted later on how macros got your DPS up later. Did I misunderstand something?

Leading a raid is a different beast altogether as its I would guess the hardest thing to do in a game. But sadly that's one persons job, the rest just have to show up.

As Zadok said, raiding is static hence if you can read and don't have too many idiots you will eventually win. For instance Magtheridon will never get smart and realize that if he takes out the DPS or healers instead of focusing on the tank he will win every time.

Finally downed Hydross tonight. On to Tidewalker.
W00t! Nice job man.

1. Doesn't make me better at raiding as that would be an odd stance at best. I merely said that it is easier to get equipment raiding then Arena-ing given the possibility of getting lucky and getting it all in one night. Because you are unlucky doesn't mean you are bad at raiding, merely means you are unlucky. The luck quotient is eliminated in PVP so while it may be easier in that you have a set amount of games to do per week and after a set number of weeks you can get your equip, its also hard in that there is no chance of getting that equipment quickly.
There's always a chance you'll play someone even more lame than you, and get there quickly. In a raid, well, yeah - you can get absurdly lucky with gear. That doesn't make it easier to get the gear, that just makes it a luckfest. And it still requires more people to play with, more time invested, etc. Again, in Arena you can go in totally naked at 70 and get things eventually. That's a lot easier in terms of time invested and skill required than anything in raiding; I don't know of many raids where you can be a total failure at playing and still actually get items.

2. Your macros comment is odd considering how you posted later on how macros got your DPS up later. Did I misunderstand something?
Yeah, it was another person who said it. Macros help with things like lag, but they don't help with not understanding how to play your character.

As Zadok said, raiding is static hence if you can read and don't have too many idiots you will eventually win. For instance Magtheridon will never get smart and realize that if he takes out the DPS or healers instead of focusing on the tank he will win every time.
Eventually is true - but even if you win, you won't necessarily get the drop you want. So you have to have a group of non-idiots, the time to do the raid, the planning to do the raid, the skill and luck to succeed at the raid, and then get lucky at the drop.

In arena, you can show up naked, die, and eventually get items.

How is this at all a comparison? Again, I'm not saying whether pvp or pve requires more skill; I'm saying that it is a more difficult feat to get the items from raiding than from arena by a very large proportion, yet the items in arena are comparable to items from raids.

In arena, you can show up naked, die, and eventually get items.

maybe if you had enough money to keep buing new teams with 1500 ratings yeah, but if your team is 0-50 your not getting any points a week. Maybe, at the most, 50 pts a week after the first two weeks. so it would take you 3 months to buy season1 gloves.

In terms of time spent in game it's pretty much always going to be quicker to get the Arena items, but if you're on a 1300 rated "points" team it's still going to take you a hell of alot of real world time before you can get the item. But honestly, the weapons are the only pieces useful for PvE and those are going to have a team rating requirement put on them next season to stop the crying.

As for people getting "free epics" for losing a ton of matches who really cares? The Arena items are only useful in the Arena, and if you're just going in there and losing every week what's the point of collecting all that gear? It's not like you can gear up through the Arena system and skip a bunch of PvE content, they're totally seperate progression systems.

As for people getting "free epics" for losing a ton of matches who really cares? The Arena items are only useful in the Arena
Except for the weapons, which are the things that have the most competition for in guilds in general, are usually the most highly-sought after upgrades, and are far better than most drops. It's important because it feels cheap to make the rewards on par with the rewards of raiding.

Some pieces of armor are at least better than what's obtainable outside of raiding; see Stegho's reaction to never ever seeing plate drops from Kara. It might be an upgrade, even if it's not the best one.

I think the team rating requirement is a good idea, but we'll start seeing an interesting phenomenon, where a ton of bad teams stop playing at all and the good teams stop getting free kills - so that soon, only the really, really elite arena teams get anything and the rest kind of drop out after a while. Might not be what Bliz wanted.

It took me what...two months? to get my offhand sword. Considering the size of our guild and the time I play, the hope for me getting a like weapon in the BT is low for another 4 months. By then I will have lost another 4 months worth of matches and will have the mainhand. All for a simple 30 mins a week, no repair bill, no real hardship and the only real upgrade will be legendary swords. Sheet, I may even get *better* with practice and not need the entire 4 months. :P

ro, lol, by then BC will be obsolete and we'll all be runnin round Dalamar =P

Anyway, you wont be able to buy arena weapons once season 3 hits without first meeting a certain team rating requirement.

Archived