Worst book you ever read?

Finnegan

In a similar vein, I think Atlas Shrugged is probably one of the worst books I've ever read. Agree or disagree with Rand's views, you can't deny that it's a lousy plot and a bloated, self-indulgent book.

When I was in high school I always thought about entering one of those essay contests on The Fountainhead, but then I would read excerpts from it, and I just couldn't bring myself to read the dang thing.

Clive Cussler's "The Chase". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chase_%28Clive_Cussler%29

Clive was never a master of prose, but either he's grown senile or he's outsourced his writing to a pack of half-feral Bangladeshi orphans. This was seriously probably the worst non-self-published novel I've ever read in my entire life.

I would have to pick James Joyce's "Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man". Too bad I had to take a test on that book, because that meant I had to suffer through the whole thing. Also didn't like Hemingway's "Old Man and the Sea". Old man and a little boy in a boat. I remember pages and pages describing the old man's hands. Did I care? not at all.

I know they probably have redeeming qualities, blah blah blah. I couldn't stand them and would probably scratch out my own eyes before reading them again.

I did like a lot of the books already listed, including Catcher in the Rye and Kafka's Metamorphosis.

Wow, I was talking to someone I had not seen in YEARS and he and I always talked books. I could not remember what the books I used to read but they had to do with a guy named Hawk Hunter and lots and lots of Jets. I did a search on google and it brought me here.

The Wingmen books were so bad and cheesy they were good. I loved them. I have read every single one..and I still have them. Crazy cover art and all.

We also used to bet that Clive Cussler and Mack Maloney where really the same guy...guess not.

I always had a picture in my head of this guy sitting next to his type writer in his robe and underwear, sipping a Scotch and laughing his ass off as he wrote them. After reading his little blurbs on his website I think my little mind picture was right on.

Archived