WoW

TerraPrime

New thread!

Last night I did some BG.

Let me tell you about them.

I started with 3 rounds of AV. In all 3 games, we had anywhere between 13 to 15 AFK people. I ran out of time to report them all while waiting to be res'ed in the graveyard. Granted, the Alliance has their AFKers, too, but not as many (they average about 8 to 10).

Of the 3, we won 1, and lost 2. I found out that defending Galv in a game with that many AFK is not workable, because if 5 of us are defending Galv, the main push force can't make it to the boss fast enough. We lost the first game while still trying to beat down the archers at Dun Baldur. So, with that many AFKers, complete zerg is the way to go. The game we won, we did that and it worked, though the honor gained was low.

Then, came the 4th AV.

Oh. My. God.

Words fail to describe how horrid it was. Not only did we have 15 AFKers, but we also, for some reasons, had a really bad make-up. Practically no healers, for one. And people, I don't know, were just stupid. It was so bad, the Alliance were camping our graveyard at Frost Wolf. We did not take a single tower, or turned a single flag. It was 49 min of hell. At the end, the horde side got 0 honor. Zero. :sick: It was honestly worse than the worst WSG. What total bollocks.

I was so disgusted I went to dinner.

After dinner I did more BG, but I switched to AB. I ran it 4 times, and won 3 of the 4. The first game was really smooth. We had all 15 active, and we communicated and coordinated. Took 4 of the 5 nodes for the entire game, and won in 14 min.

I need to do more EOTS for the badges. I only got 6 badges from them.

I'm also only ~3000 pts away from the weapon I want. Sweet.

So after BG, I started some questing, and then Kal and Carrie came on, and we roped nessa into running Sethekk. Very smooth, very quick run. I think we're ready for heroic runs. I had decent DPS for the instance (566), so I'm happy. The new spec helped, and upped it by almost 80 dps. Very nice.

I need to do more research on what gear I need upgrade and which instance boss drops it, to focus attention on getting that gear. I think I'm set to replace my green rings. I am still looking for a good neck. Got a blue neck from the Sethekk last night but it's only a slight improvement over my current neck piece. Does anyone know of a good DPS neck piece to be had before kara? I'm looking for +agi, +AP, and +crit, or 2 of the 3.

Finally, need to find Rhae to get some gems and to cut the Earthstorm so I can socket the metagem. You be on tonight Ro? :)

PS Got yelled at by Shriven over the guild raid sign-up thing. :P

New thread!

Last night I did some BG.

Let me tell you about them.

I started with 3 rounds of AV. In all 3 games, we had anywhere between 13 to 15 AFK people. I ran out of time to report them all while waiting to be res'ed in the graveyard. Granted, the Alliance has their AFKers, too, but not as many (they average about 8 to 10).

Of the 3, we won 1, and lost 2. I found out that defending Galv in a game with that many AFK is not workable, because if 5 of us are defending Galv, the main push force can't make it to the boss fast enough. We lost the first game while still trying to beat down the archers at Dun Baldur. So, with that many AFKers, complete zerg is the way to go. The game we won, we did that and it worked, though the honor gained was low.

Then, came the 4th AV.

Oh. My. God.

Words fail to describe how horrid it was. Not only did we have 15 AFKers, but we also, for some reasons, had a really bad make-up. Practically no healers, for one. And people, I don't know, were just stupid. It was so bad, the Alliance were camping our graveyard at Frost Wolf. We did not take a single tower, or turned a single flag. It was 49 min of hell. At the end, the horde side got 0 honor. Zero. :sick: It was honestly worse than the worst WSG. What total bollocks.

I was so disgusted I went to dinner.

After dinner I did more BG, but I switched to AB. I ran it 4 times, and won 3 of the 4. The first game was really smooth. We had all 15 active, and we communicated and coordinated. Took 4 of the 5 nodes for the entire game, and won in 14 min.

I need to do more EOTS for the badges. I only got 6 badges from them.

I'm also only ~3000 pts away from the weapon I want. Sweet.

So after BG, I started some questing, and then Kal and Carrie came on, and we roped nessa into running Sethekk. Very smooth, very quick run. I think we're ready for heroic runs. I had decent DPS for the instance (566), so I'm happy. The new spec helped, and upped it by almost 80 dps. Very nice.

I need to do more research on what gear I need upgrade and which instance boss drops it, to focus attention on getting that gear. I think I'm set to replace my green rings. I am still looking for a good neck. Got a blue neck from the Sethekk last night but it's only a slight improvement over my current neck piece. Does anyone know of a good DPS neck piece to be had before kara? I'm looking for +agi, +AP, and +crit, or 2 of the 3.

Finally, need to find Rhae to get some gems and to cut the Earthstorm so I can socket the metagem. You be on tonight Ro? :)

PS Got yelled at by Shriven over the guild raid sign-up thing. :P

Yeah, that sounds like the typical Horde in AV alright. So you may want to go play some Arathi Basin to make yourself feel better.

ETA: I know I keep asking this, but since I leave my gaming computer at home while I am away at school I keep forgetting. But what server(s) are people on from this board?

There is almost nothing worse than AFK'ers in Battlegrounds. Not the folks who get an emergency phone call, or whose pizza just arrived, but those who go in knowing they'll go AFK on purpose.

The only thing worse than them are the gold-spammers, who are only exceeded by the keyloggers. But I can just barely accept that AFKer's may be legitimately playing some part of the game.

It's a pity they ruin a part for others though.

Oh well. Also finding mages who gather up a large pack of mobs and then drop them on others with an ice block a pain. Gah. Enough to make me want to get on a PVP server where I can at least fight back.

Fez:

I don't know mage gear at all, but those don't look that hot. Each individual piece only boosts stats, and the 4 piece together gives you 23 of spell effects and healing. In Outlands, I frequently vendor stuff with more spell effects on a single item.The first set bonus is a bit mysterious. Adds 200 armor for clothies? Really? Whoop-dee-do. What's that going to do, in the grand scheme? The 6-piece bonus can be handy, but you should already be running frost shield. And it takes 6 pieces to get that bonus? I just don't know.

I wouldn't spend the gold on it, myself. You're better off saving the money to pay for mats to tailor (or pay for others to tailor) cloth pieces once you hit 61-63 (I think that's the range when some good stuff are available).

Really, people were right when they said that gearing up before Outland is a waste.

Had fun doing some premade ABs tonight. My favourite was when we gave up before we even fought the Burning Legion premade. We knew from hard experience we couldn't beat them, so we put on our RP clothes and decided we would all 15 defend the Lumber Mill. It was fucking hilarious. The premade we were up agianst kept 3 defenders at every other node, I suppose thinking it was some clever ruse to 5 cap them by surprise.

The winning moment for me was a hunter in our raid exclaiming:"You may take our honor kills, and you may take our pride, but you will never take... our Lumber Mill." :lol:

The alliance must have thought we were fucking cracked Rpers. Good times.

Well,

I have been farming marks for new gear myself. Finally got the Silk pants for my mage that replaced my last green. So, that is good news.

BGs...

I think I am in the worst battlegroup for Alliance. I swear, me and 2 guildies (both good players) played 4 ABs last night. Lost all 4...with only 2 games that were close. One game, I dont think we even made it past the 1000 mark! And the sad news is...I need roughly 45 more AB marks to get the next two pieces of PvP gear I want. Luckily WSG is a little better, and I need 20 of those marks as well for the Silk cuffs. After I get those 4 pieces, I am hanging up BGs for a long while...

In case your wondering, I'm on VeCo server...Night something battlegroup.

However, I am very happy with my new pants! HP right at 7k now, with mana over 9K and about 520 spell damage and 16% crit (no INT buff). I figure if I can get about 8k health, and 10k mana with 700 spell damage, I will most likely be as far as I can get without raiding every week (which I dont have time for).

Hasta!

Stark Out!

Eh, you can spend money on gear pre-70. Just not much. "Hey, my <slot X> is a 30 level-old green". Yeah, go buy a quick upgrade off the AH, a 3-5 level old green. Couple gold, done.

But do not spend money on Magisters. Especially not Magisters. Back at 60 for the people not raiding, mages wanted the warlock Dreadmist set. And yes, the 200 armor bonus is stupid. Also, only 3 pieces are BoE, for a fourth you would need to farm one of the L60 instances.

Went to Karazhan with my Gruul/SSC people on Friday. Basically useless; all the badges, no drops, mostly smooth, but slow slow slow. Took around 2 hours more than I'm used to, despite no trash wipes, barely any trash deaths, and only wiping on Nightbane and Prince. Won't be going with them again. But I did pick up the badge cloak. Now I need to rebuild my block value.

Spent all of Saturday (literally, about 13 hours) PvPing. Decided to round out the marks I need from non-AV BGs before going to AV for honor, and made about 7,600. Got to 20 WSG and 50 EotS, so now all I need is a massive amount of honor. And yesterday I got two AVs in, including a daily quest, to make around 1,400 honor, I think. Alliance tends to win AV, but really AV is just about the zerg now. 62 honor to drop the captain, 62 more per tower, and then win honor. Even when we lose we often get the 300ish for the captain and all four towers. And with short queues and short matches, it's the best place for me to get honor; typically around 15 minutes from entering queue to end of match.

I was able to buy my first welfare epic, so I'm wearing some rather excellent bracers now on my paladin.

If my queues are not virtually instant, I fly up to the plateau above Shatt and look for mana thistle. It turns out I have the recipe for Flask of Fortification, so I don't need to waste a billion elixirs in ZA anymore. Just need to get mana thistle and keep up my supply of the other materials. Well, I've got a couple weeks worth of fel lotus, I think.

And arenas, our rating dropped, but we're still doing more than well enough for my purposes. And our gear remains horrendous for the most part, meaning that there are people we simply can't beat. Even unskilled people in S2 gear can kinda murder us, given resilience, hp totals, and so on. But unless we lose more than 100 rating next week, I get gloves next Tuesday.

Arena:

It was a bloody joke. We did 3v3 (same group as before) and got murdered in all 10 games. Sad.

Battlground:

Did enough to get my bow, which is almost a 30dps improvement. Yay to that! I didn't do as many AB as I had hoped, because I spent some time doing AV for fun and doing some EOTS for the badges. I only got about 4000 honor the whole weekend, and after getting my bow, I'm now down to about 3k honor left. The bow is the main piece I want though so that's good. I don't have to grind so hard on bg now. I'll still try to get a few in every night, but it's not so urgent.

Pet:

I picked up a boar for pvp use. The highest lvl though is only 60, so I spent last night lvling the pet. Got 1 level from killing the nagas in Zangramarsh for an hour. Ugh. Need to grind another level, then at least I can take him to the Ogres in Nagrand to grind and get warbeads.

Noobs:

I have two noob stories to tell.

Saturday afternoon I was helping Ezrie, who as it turned out was helping a 61 orc warrior. We were just finishing quest lines in Hellfire and running around. As we discovered through the afternoon, this warrior is very inexperienced. First, he was not using any threat meter. When we asked him about it he said he didn't even know what add-ons are. So I explained briefly to him and told him to look on the web.

Then, towards the end, he was asking us for 62 silver so he can repair. I gave him 5g and he was shocked that I had so much money. I asked him what professions he has, and he told me he has Enchanting. Okay.... what's your other one, I asked. Other one? No, I just have one, he said. Okay.... so I explained to him about money and professions and suggested that he starts mining. I didn't even bother to ask him about the secondaries like cooking or fishing. Then he whispered me asking how much gold I have, and I told him I have about 1.5k. After that, he kept begging for gold because he needs his fast mount. I said, no. And he kept begging. So I finally told him to stop asking.

The only saving grace of this whole episode is that he's a relatively competent dps warrior, and he sounds like a younger kid. At one point talking about the threat meter he said he'd ask his brother about it. So I wasn't too mad at him for being so inexperienced, and at least he got some help and got pointed to the right directions.

The second noob story took place Sunday afternoon. I was doing BG with my hunter and was getting bored, then someone in LFG channel asked for a healer for BFD. My alt druid is a healer and she's at 26, so I said why not. Joined then and before we even got into the instance, the hunter who invited me got DC'ed and didn't log back. The four of us decided to go in anyway. It was me, a tanking pally, a fire mage, and a dps warrior.

Wouldn't you know it, that none of these people use a threat meter. Yes, that's right, a tank in an instance is not using Omen. I gently commented that without a threat meter it is a bit hard on me as a healer to know when to start and when to stop healing. This is after my healing drew a mob in three different cases. The conversation went something like this:

Me: "Why aren't you using a threat meter Tanish?"

Pally: "Why would you need one?"

Me: "So the rest of us can see how well you're holding aggro and don't accidentally draw the mob?"

Pally: "Healers draw aggro anyway, so don't bother."

Me: "Not when the tank is doing his job in holding aggro."

Pally: "Yeah but when your do a crit heal you always gain aggro."

Me: "......."

Me: "okay, I'll just shut up and heal."

Pally: You don't have to be mad. I know healing. I have a 65 Priest."

*diez*

As we move through the instance, it's clear that he doesn't know how to pull. His method of choice is to have the mage opens with a fireball, draw the crowd, then try to intercept and steal aggro from her. I'm not shitting you.

The warrior left after a while, with no explanation. Just HS, then log.

The three of us went a little further and got to the part with all the humans. So I suggested to them to start sheeping. Then I had to correct them to just sheep the healers and take care of the main melees. The pally kept breaking the sheep, of course, with his AOE. As a result, all the mage does is sheep. She has no time to do dps or anything else. I have to use cat form to help with DPS and them step out to heal. I told the mage that if she's having trouble keeping track of the spell, just use wand while the target is in sheep form and keep an eye on it. Nope. She just continually cast sheep, one right after another.

I had enough at that time and I said I had to go. This is after 1.5 hrs in BFD.

Oh, did I mention that I went the first 15 min of the raid without a buff from either the mage or the pally? After I refreshed their mark of the wild and thorn the second time, I asked whether there's some buff that the pally can use? Then he said sure, and he gave me BoWisdom. At least he chose the right one. :P

At least my druid got half a level and ding 27.

I'm just stunned that someone can play a toon up to 65 and be so clueless. If he thinks healers drawing aggro is the norm, I shudder to think what the instances he run in are like.

hmm, any alchemists have advice for finding receipes past 350? Calli hit 350 this weekend, learned transmute primal might, and doesn't have enough honor for the honor to get the other transmutes yet (except the diamond, which i did purchase). How in the world will I level now? Nothing is yellow/orange except transmutes. :(

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=22911

Major Dreamless Sleep. Cheap mats, and an item that's of some value so you can AH it.

It's a limited supply recipe from an alliance vendor in Terokkar and a horde vendor at Thunderlord in Blade's Edge, so if it's not there when you check....come back and check again.

Also story was playing my druid alt, got asked into Deadmines. Great fun, till somebody died. Asked Paladin to raise them since I wasn't yet 20. Paladin said he couldn't raise anybody. I asked "What, you don't have Redemption?" He said no, he hadn't picked it up.

Groan.

Oh well, Karazhan is still smooth, and we almost got some timed loot in Zul'aman, even got the second boss twice this weekend. First drop I got the ring with the awesome mp5. Second drop we gave to a Paladin from another guild who was wearing a leather chest! Not sure how much damage he contributed, he was supposed to come in as dps, but was 40/0/21 so....I dunno.

Would have been an upgrade for the guild healing paladin, but at least he got Illhoof's chest already this weekend.

Yay I hit 57, so close to Outland I can taste it, and it tastes like... ramon noodles.

In the meantime though, it's a major bummer trying to find enough quests in one area to make it worth my time to go there. It doesn't help that I don't really like Sithilus or the Plaguelands, and I've just about tapped out Winterspring quests.

At least I finally got a nice mage dagger and am using an offhand finally, I'd had that same damn staff since SM, bloody sick of it.

Btw, I know in the expansion Naxx is going to Northrend and getting boosted to 80, I really hope something similar is going to happen to AQ. I'd really like to go in there sometime, but currently there is absolutely no point. At least I'll be able to have a few months with the 70 raids, which is nice.

40/0/21 is not a dps paladin. I know what he's trying. It's a heal/dps hybrid. Probably using spell damage and seal of righteousness for damage.

Alchemy, I recall doing some skilling up with transmute earth->water, which I farmed the sporeggar rep for on my rogue. Other than that, agility and mana potions I guess. Yeah, they weren't orange, but they were useful. Or maybe defense and fortitude elixirs for my warrior. I've forgotten now, but I know I didn't get to 375 with anything easy. Still a lot better than getting smithing or leatherworking up there, though.

Now I didn't touch threat meters until I'd already hit 70, and it was never a problem. But then, I didn't play with idiots, which these pug noobs sound like. They're the reason I'm afraid to pug ever, and tend to farm motes/rep/honor when people I know aren't on and available.

Billy, there should be no need for threat meters while questing. You're 70 with a pet, he's 61 fury, you're tanking. :D

That said, I'll tell you what I told Ezrie:

Don't fucking help people with either your time or money. Info? Sure. Do not share XP with them for questing. Do not give them gold.

You want to be nice and give gold to someone who is in need? Donate to the 'repair Stegho's armor after next weeks US Kara run' fund. I hear that guy could use the help.

'Helping' strangers is nice and all, but it slows you down, and I REALLY need my healbot to hit lvl 70 soon.

So, speaking of nOObs..... When do i need to get the expansion? Is it 60-70? My lock is currently at 51.

I know I could look this up.... but i'm lazy!

Get it now, it won't hurt, and you'll be ready for level 58 which is when you can officially jump through the Dark Portal. You can also go to the new starting areas if you want at any time.

Archived