Is Benjen Stark Alive?

Al lot has already been said, but here's my 2 cts:

Coldhands died long ago according to The Children of The Forest. Considering they have another perspective on time, 3 years more or less, is not a long time. Hence: Benjen Stark is not Coldhands. Bran not recognising him is an extra hint in that direction.

I think it is safe to assume that Bloodraven is the Three-Eyed-Crow. A thousand eyes and one (From Dunk and Egg) had been repeated, he is very old and we already know from the tale of the rebellion and beyond, that he is a warg.

The theory of the story told by old Nan is really interesting. It has merit, I think. On the other hand, Coldhands has been a watcher on the wall. In hundreds of years, quite a few (higher ups) watchmen have gone beyond the wall without returning. Ample options there. We are also missing a lot of commanders in the historical chronicles.

The hooded man in Winterfell: I would love that to be true, but somehow I think Benjen is on the wall somewhere with a base of operations in one of the abandoned castles or he is still beyond the wall and has gone to the heart of the lands of always winter.

The hooded man in Winterfell: I would love that to be true, but somehow I think Benjen is on the wall somewhere with a base of operations in one of the abandoned castles or he is still beyond the wall and has gone to the heart of the lands of always winter.

He is the reason the Others march south. In the north is their doom and its name is Benjen Stark. It is known

But I think it would be kind of awesome if Benjen would be alive and manages to end the Other threat for all time thanks to his blood of the First Men.

Yeah I said it.

The First Men blood is the blood that matters, not the dragon one :cool4:

He is the reason the Others march south. In the north is their doom and its name is Benjen Stark. It is known

But I think it would be kind of awesome if Benjen would be alive and manages to end the Other threat for all time thanks to his blood of the First Men.

Yeah I said it.

The First Men blood is the blood that matters, not the dragon one :cool4:

That's right :cool4:

• 1 month later...

I also think he is alive and with the children of the forest:

All Bran could thin of was Old Nan's story of the Others and the last hero, hounded through the white woods by dead men and spiders big as hounds. He was afraid for a moment, until he remembered how that story ended. "The children will help him," he blurted, "the children of the forest!"

• 1 month later...

He is with the Children of the Forest, as Bran said when he found out he was missing.

If he is with the CotF, he is either:

1. Staying happily every after with them
  2. Dead; with the CotF trying to bring him back to life
  3. Injured; with the Cotf trying to heal him (maybe half Other or something like that)
  4. Prisoner, cause he knows to much.

He was not in Theon's dream of the Stark dead/soon to be dead. I think he is alive.

I think he's Coldhands.

I think he's Coldhands, too. And good point about Theon's dream! So I do think Benjen is around! ( Is Coldhands alive - that's a whole 'nother question!)

• 1 month later...

I disagree with the theory that he's Coldhands. Doesn't make any sense, and nothing hints at it thus far. He's probably stuck somewhere North of the Wall, maybe stumbled into an Other camp.

I think he might be a PoV or in a prologue at HardHome on the next book.

or imagine a PoV called: The Lone Ranger, we follow a ranger who fights as a hero and protect women and children against the wights at HardHome. And we will all be: Hell yeahhh Benjen the freaking hero wooo, then at the end we learn the lone ranger was only StoneSnake. :P

Most likely dead, he's been missing for years in a place that isn't exactly paradise.

If he's alive, he's probably with the CotF. Or maybe he did something like join Mance's army undercover, or took a ship to Skaagos to where he'll meet Rickon.

Archived