The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

therion

[quote name='Fatuous' post='1574303' date='Nov 1 2008, 16.40']The fused Moridin/Rand will end up Balefiring Lanfear's butt back to the Age of Legends, effectively uncreating the Bore.[/quote]
While your other scenario is unlikely, this is definitely impossible. That quantity of Balefire, and the resultant alterations in the Pattern will definitely unravel Creation.

[quote name='Werthead' post='1574258' date='Nov 1 2008, 14.41']No, and CoT does have some good points (such as Rodel Ituralde's introduction). They are utterly subsumed by the book's negative points, however.[/quote]
But shouldn't any good review reflect the good as well as the bad, no matter your opinion of which was subsumed by what? Yet, you claimed that Amazon review was a good one despite it doing no such thing.
[quote]I haven't read PoC, so I wouldn't be able to say that for sure. My guess is that it is far worse, since [i]Wizards' First Rule[/i] was much worse than CoT and that's supposed to be the best book in the series. However, PoC doesn't have the reputation of being the worst book in its series, which I believe by vague consensus appears to be [i]Naked Empire[/i] (or [i]Faith of the Fallen[/i], although that appears to be more divisive among fans).[/quote]
Based on Amazon reviews, it seems to be Naked Empire. Yet even that has a better rating than CoT, so it seems that even Richard 'The Great' murdering peaceful protesters is not enough to make some people dislike his books. Or maybe the expectations are low?
Either way, Amazon reviews are a terrible way of judging a book's quality.

[quote name='Fatuous' post='1574303' date='Nov 1 2008, 16.40']Shaidar Haran, the "hand of the dark". Apparently not to be confused with Ba'alzamon, the "heart of the dark". I'm still trying to figure out if Moridin is working for Shaidar or if the Hand is in service of the Heart. It doesn't really help that we've never seen these two share screen time.

You can see where I'm going with this one, right?

Here's a little secret: There is no Last Battle. There are two possibilties based from the character of Herid Fel, who was killed because he talked about these things to Rand {That just makes me wonder who was listening in on their talks but that's pretty obvious anyway}:

The Dark One's the Creator, Moridin will end up sealed in the center of the remade Wheel as the Dark One just wanders off after being freed and Rand will end up in Moridin's body and role. Not just body, they are the same in a way. Rand = Moridin = Dark One = Creator and in that order, just at different points in the turning of the Wheel and paradoxially, they also overlap a bit. Absolutely f-ed up, right?

Or:

The fused Moridin/Rand will end up Balefiring Lanfear's butt back to the Age of Legends, effectively uncreating the Bore.

Either way, the Last Battle isn't about defeating the Dark One or resealing the Hole, it's about unmaking the Bore. One of those "impossible" miraculous things that people expect Heroes and Gods to do to Villains and Devils.

I've probably read this series too much {Now there's a surprise :rolleyes: } but it is kind of fun to pick up on the echoes of echoes in the series of how the story is suppose to Loop. Such when Moridin comments that the Fischer piece in his ancient game looks remarkably like Rand al'Thor and his anger when he realizes what that means. Or Birgette saying that she has some dim memory about hearing a story about a female Warder without realizing that the story was most likely about her. It's kind of like Stephen King's Dark Tower story but with the looping paradox expressed in a good, subtle way.[/quote]

O.k. I am a novice when it comes to WoT, you obviously are more rehearsed in this series. SO my question to you, or any WoT person who knows the ins and outs of the series; Isn't it said the Wheel is ever turning. The Dragon, is a particular person, who is almost kinda reincarnated throughout time to fight the Dark One. The "Last Battle" has actually happened several times in several different generations by different Dragon's Reborn. If thats true, then even though I guess teh Dark one "loses" doesn't anyone think that the main peeps in this series are gonna go nuts (well the Dragon anyhow) and kill himself or others while killing himself after beating the Dark one, and your hero ends up dying and causing a huge uproar to innocent people around him?

It just sounds to me like everyone expects the good guys to win and live happily ever-after. Now I could be wrong, like I said I am not very knowledgable in the WoT series, but from what I have heard and been told by people, I don't see how the Dragon survives (even though he may "win" against the Dark One).

Archived