Sansa is the worst person in Westeros

Calanctus

Yes, that's right. Sansa is the [i]worst person in Westeros[/i]. Perhaps in the entire world.

I know she's one of the more popular characters around here, but I have to ask: are you guys reading the same books I am?

I mean, Sansa:
*Threw her little brother out of a tower window
*Burned half of another brother's face off
*Poisoned her husband at the instigation of Littlefinger
*Killed and tortured numerous peasants in the Riverlands looking for gold
*Shot her own father in the bowels with a crossbow
*Beat a woman to death for sleeping with her brother

And there are so many other examples. It just boggles the mind, all this Sansa love. Surely I'm not alone?

Sansa is presented as something of a class-conscious snob. Hardly out of character for the setting and completely understandable considering Cat's drawing of a distinct line between her own children and bastard Jon. However, this isn't a characteristic which endears her to most readers, in particular when contrasted with Arya's, and consequently it colors the perception they've of Sansa.

Matters are made worse when Sansa lying about Joffrey bullying Mycah is associated with the death of Lady and Mycah, and when Cersei credits Sansa spilling the beans about Ned's plans for the success of Cersei's coup against Ned, and so indirectly for Ned's death. The fact that Sansa's remorse about her role in these events is limited doesn't help matters either.

Of course, Sansa never intended the deaths of Lady, Mycah and Ned and probably couldn't even foresee such dire consequences. So the actual blame has to lie with Joffrey, Robert and Cersei in Lady's case, with Joffrey, Cersei and Sandor in Mycah's case and with Joffrey, Cersei, Littlefinger and Slynt in Ned's case, and not with Sansa.

The fact that Sansa is put in difficult situations, being forced to choose between her sister and her future husband and seeing her dreams of her future dissolve for reasons which are not properly explained to her by anybody is also not given the weight which it probably deserves.

Sansa not reflecting her role in the deaths of Lady and Ned can probably be explained as a defense mechanism, at least to some degree. It would've been very hard to bear for a young girl to think her own actions played a role in these deaths. Tyrion said in AGoT that:[i] "Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it", [/i]and the same applies to young girls.

Still, while one can blame the actual deaths associated with Sansa's actions on other people, and while some of the responsibility for the way Sansa acts has to be laid at the door of her parents for the way she was educated, there is no arguing around the fact that Sansa shouldn't have lied to protect Joffrey against Arya's accusations and shouldn't have disobeyed her father just because she wanted to marry Joffrey. In fact, even her judgement about still wanting to marry Joffrey after she had witnessed his behaviour with Mycah and Arya has to be questioned.

[quote name='Andhaira' post='1474930' date='Aug 11 2008, 09.41'][b]Beat a woman to death for sleeping with her brother[/b]

Who did this? Serious question plz.[/quote]

Victarion beat his wife to death for sleeping with [b]his[/b] brother.

Perhaps that's what was meant?

[quote name='Calanctus' post='1474926' date='Aug 11 2008, 01.18']Apparently not, [i]Sansa-lover[/i].

Let me guess: you're a fan of the Nazis, too?[/quote]

Sansa-lover - yes

Nazis fan - no

Tolerant of board weirdos - yes

[quote name='Markus' post='1474932' date='Aug 11 2008, 00.52']Sansa is presented as something of a class-conscious snob. Hardly out of character for the setting and completely understandable considering Cat's drawing of a distinct line between her own children and bastard Jon. However, this isn't a characteristic which endears her to most readers, in particular when contrasted with Arya's, and consequently it colors the perception they've of Sansa.

Matters are made worse when Sansa lying about Joffrey bullying Mycah is associated with the death of Lady and Mycah, and when Cersei credits Sansa spilling the beans about Ned's plans for the success of Cersei's coup against Ned, and so indirectly for Ned's death. The fact that Sansa's remorse about her role in these events is limited doesn't help matters either.

Of course, Sansa never intended the deaths of Lady, Mycah and Ned and probably couldn't even foresee such dire consequences. So the actual blame has to lie with Joffrey, Robert and Cersei in Lady's case, with Joffrey, Cersei and Sandor in Mycah's case and with Joffrey, Cersei, Littlefinger and Slynt in Ned's case, and not with Sansa.

The fact that Sansa is put in difficult situations, being forced to choose between her sister and her future husband and seeing her dreams of her future dissolve for reasons which are not properly explained to her by anybody is also not given the weight which it probably deserves.

Sansa not reflecting her role in the deaths of Lady and Ned can probably be explained as a defense mechanism, at least to some degree. It would've been very hard to bear for a young girl to think her own actions played a role in these deaths. Tyrion said in AGoT that:[i] "Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it", [/i]and the same applies to young girls.

Still, while one can blame the actual deaths associated with Sansa's actions on other people, and while some of the responsibility for the way Sansa acts has to be laid at the door of her parents for the way she was educated, there is no arguing around the fact that Sansa shouldn't have lied to protect Joffrey against Arya's accusations and shouldn't have disobeyed her father just because she wanted to marry Joffrey. In fact, even her judgement about still wanting to marry Joffrey after she had witnessed his behaviour with Mycah and Arya has to be questioned.[/quote]
Yeah! That's even worse than the time Sansa and her men gang-raped that innkeeper's daughter. What a monster.

You know, it just occurred to me that Sansa sure enjoys rape.

[quote name='Calanctus' post='1474943' date='Aug 11 2008, 10.16']Yeah! That's even worse than the time Sansa and her men gang-raped that innkeeper's daughter. What a monster. You know, it just occurred to me that Sansa sure enjoys rape.[/quote]

Pointing out the vast difference between a young girl being a little selfish, having questionable taste in boys, lying to protect her betrothed and disobeying her father to save her dreams of marriage on the one hand, and rape and murder on the other will not make much of a difference for people who don't grasp the difference on their own.

[quote name='Markus' post='1474952' date='Aug 11 2008, 02.43']Pointing out the vast difference between a young girl being a little selfish, having questionable taste in boys, lying to protect her betrothed and disobeying her father to save her dreams of marriage on the one hand, and rape and murder on the other will not make much of a difference for people who don't grasp the difference on their own.[/quote]

I often wonder if the people who hate Sansa would also like to see Miley Cyrus in Guantanamo. :) I mean she had nude pictures taken of her. I mean under all those clothes, and blankets, she was nude!

[quote name='AsphodelElysium' post='1474972' date='Aug 11 2008, 06.12']I thought it was really awesome when she sacrificed her sons to the Others and raped all her daughters under the guise of (incestuous) marriage.[/quote]

Oh yeh, that was one of favourites as well, I just thought "wow, Sansa is more cunning than I thought"

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1475013' date='Aug 11 2008, 13.50']I'm not going to read this thread but,

reality a.) :lol: nice try n00b

or

reality b.) you're an idiot[/quote]

More like reality c.) I know man, I'm sick of Sansa bashing too, I can't blame you for making a parody thread after reading some of the things on this board since Nov. 2005.

Sansa totally gave birth to all those killer shadowbabies.

Archived