Anticipation 2009 (Montreal Worldcon)

Kat

[quote name='Padraig' post='1477211' date='Aug 12 2008, 21.04']Hopefully. Btw, anyone know who the GoH is in Melbourne?[/quote]

Kim Stanley Robinson.

I'd like to go to Montreal, but as I said to people in Denver, saving up for Melbourne is my priority, so I may not be able to afford this as well.

Consider us there! We'll most likely drive, and maybe go to Quebec City for a few days before or after the con.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1477191' date='Aug 12 2008, 15.47']ah. I see. I will be moving closer (if all goes as planned)...living in NJ and working in NYC.[/quote]

Lany! I didn't know you're moving! So, we'll be seeing you at northeastern BWB meets in the future? Pretty please? *pleads and bats eyes*

[quote name='Maltaran' post='1477279' date='Aug 12 2008, 13.39']Kim Stanley Robinson.

I'd like to go to Montreal, but as I said to people in Denver, saving up for Melbourne is my priority, so I may not be able to afford this as well.[/quote]

Really? :stunned:

Shit, now I'm going to have to save up for Melbourne too.

[quote name='Regina' post='1477291' date='Aug 12 2008, 16.46']Consider us there! We'll most likely drive, and maybe go to Quebec City for a few days before or after the con.

Lany! I didn't know you're moving! So, we'll be seeing you at northeastern BWB meets in the future? Pretty please? *pleads and bats eyes*[/quote]

That's the plan. :) I miss you guys :grouphug: I chose a place where the ex-hubby would be able have a support system (besides me) to live (he is from that area). I was dreading it for a while, but I have been spending a bit of time up that way and am now very much looking forward to it :D

[quote name='Lord of Oop North' post='1477208' date='Aug 12 2008, 16.02']Mo, Canada is basically boozing and nature. That is my country, in a nutshell.[/quote]

w00t!!1

Definitely definite (barring a nuclear holocaust or something) because Montreal is only a 7 hour drive. Piece of cake. AND Montreal is only about 1 1/2 hours north of my currently favorite hiking spots - the Adirondacks (Lake Placid). SO, < looks at Joris >, I'm hoping to attach some hiking to the trip for any of you outdoorsy peeps wanting to join in the fun. Lake Placid also has a kick ass brewery - perfect for post-hike bliss. :D

[quote name='boiled leather' post='1477411' date='Aug 12 2008, 15.32']I think Montreal is quite doable. And my better half will like it as well (we all know she's the only reason some of you let me hang out).[/quote]

Anyone who feels that way obviously underestimates you[color="#000000"]r wine cellar[/color]

Archived