124 replies to this topic

#81 Ella Darklyn

Ella Darklyn

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

Vultus- You likely ended up in the OOC nexus, which is an out of character hangout for our players. When you log in next, type +read 1 to check your mail, then use Home to get onto the IC (in character) area of the grid. After that, you should be able to use +ic and +ooc to move between IC and OOC locations.

#82 StarkTagaryen

StarkTagaryen

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

To play a MUSH, you need a client that connects to the game server. I suggest MUSHclient if you are on Windows: www.mushclient.com

You get that installed, and the address you need is bod.westeros.org, with port 3000.

Then you log onto the game, and you pick out a character from our very large list of characters. We generally suggest a Cameo (time-limited test character) or a character that someone has played before and done the character creation for when you are new to MUSHing. But if you prefer, you can also pick a character that hasn't been played yet and do the character creation yourself.

The character creation is all on the game, and you go through a series of rooms to setup assets & flaws, stats and skills, and then you write a background, a justify for your choices, and a few other things.

I really want to do this, although I've never done a rp soooo what is it exactly because i don't want to be that person who messes it up

#83 Ser Dermett Corbray

Ser Dermett Corbray

Neon Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

I really want to do this, although I've never done a rp soooo what is it exactly because i don't want to be that person who messes it up

Get yourself on the guest client... and just ask questions til you annoy everyone in sight! /tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Tis the best way to learn if you are new to MUSHing. I'd never played a MUSH before and now I am hooked.

Don't worry about messing up, everyone was new once and people are super forgiving and helpful.

Hope to see you on the grid soon, Starkwolf64 /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#84 Red Knight

Red Knight

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

If i wished to play how would i catch up with all the things that already happened? And aren't there fights like who won the trial by battle or some battle on the field and stuff? Can a character die?

#85 Jacquefisch

Jacquefisch

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

Just sent off my character for a final approval, hoping to get into Westeros for all that lovely RP soon!!

#86 Phaing

Phaing

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Not going to lie, there's a whole lot of code to learn. Your best bet is to log in and apply for a Cameo character. They are pre-created characters that allow you to get a flavour of the game before you go into generating your own character. That way you can see how the game works and how we all converse together.

It actually seems like a hell of a boost, giving chars with the whole Noble advantage out like that, but I have a LOT to learn before I feel ready for this.

Speaking of code, is there and central listing, a page I can keep up while RPing for the first few times?

Just met the folks over at the MUSH portal, they rock, very nice folks... but this is a pretty serious undertaking. Tutorials and such would be helpful, as would a Char Gen page that has some text on it.
Not kidding, looked yesterday and its as bare as Ross's bum.

#87 Linda

Linda

Queen of Innuendo

• Administrators
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

Which page is coming up blank for you?

#88 Phaing

Phaing

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Which page is coming up blank for you?

CHarecter Generation.... I just went looking for it and I can't locate it now.
Sorry, just pit it down to false alarm or something.

#89 Phaing

Phaing

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Damn, now I can't find Character Generation at all.

Does anyone have a link that might be helpful?

For your troubles, a little mood music;
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#90 Phaing

Phaing

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Found it;

http://www.westeros....cles/Entry/5218

Confusing.
Perhaps I just went down the wrong rabbit-hole?

#91 Setne Targaryen

Setne Targaryen

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

im having some trouble creating a login name. no matter what i choose, it is either taken or illegal. am i doing something wrong?
Edit: nevermind, i messed up. i figured it out.

Edited by Setne Targaryen, 06 May 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#92 Filleted Man

Filleted Man

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

How active is it now? The forums seem deserted.

#93 Ser Dermett Corbray

Ser Dermett Corbray

Neon Knight

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

How active is it now? The forums seem deserted.

The game is very much active; folks can get themselves involved in a scene almost every day.

A lot of players do not seem to use the forums much despite being very active on the MUSH. I seem to be an exception in that regard.

Hope to see you on the grid soon, maybe!

#94 Filleted Man

Filleted Man

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

The game is very much active; folks can get themselves involved in a scene almost every day.

A lot of players do not seem to use the forums much despite being very active on the MUSH. I seem to be an exception in that regard.

Hope to see you on the grid soon, maybe!

Thanks! I've been lurking here for a year now and just recently made an account. I feel pretty versed in lore and such so might be looking to join up soon.

#95 The Angels' Prophet

The Angels' Prophet

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

I'm sorry if I sound like a noob here. I know what a roleplay is, but what is a MUSH exactly, and how is it different or related?

#96 Linda

Linda

Queen of Innuendo

• Administrators
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

A MUSH is a purely text-based roleplaying environment that takes place in real time. You could say it has similarities with a chat room, but it has a lot of features that chat rooms don't. There are "rooms" that you can move through (with written descriptions that tell you were you are and how it looks) and the roleplay takes place between characters who are in the same room. Characters have a description that others can look at and they have written details about their life, as well as some stats and skills. Mostly the roleplay is done without any coded checks, but there are some systems (like jousting) that check your skills and determine results. The roleplay itself could be described as a kind of interactive storytelling where each player contributes what his or her character says or does.

#97 Jon Pauletto

Jon Pauletto

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

How can I participate? I really enjoy RPG, especially for ASOIAF

#98 Ser Dermett Corbray

Ser Dermett Corbray

Neon Knight

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

How can I participate? I really enjoy RPG, especially for ASOIAF

Get yourself onto the Guest server and say hi to the awesome greeter folk there. They'll take care of you and teach you how to get involved with the MUSH /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#99 Jon Pauletto

Jon Pauletto

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

Get yourself onto the Guest server and say hi to the awesome greeter folk there. They'll take care of you and teach you how to get involved with the MUSH /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Thanks /cheers.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheers:' />

#100 Brandon Stark

Brandon Stark

The Pack Survives

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

Glad to see more new blood coming in. I sincerely miss my time in-game, and I'm scheming for ways to come back...I just don't know if installing MushClient on the patrol car laptop is wise. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />