List of Characters

Callum

I was thinking it would be a good idea to have a list of characters. All the major characters would simply have a link to their main page, but the minor ones could have 1 or 2 sentences of details that really isn't worth making a whole new page for.

The format I was trying to find out how to do would have been to have them in alphabetical order, with a list of the letters up the top to take you down to names beginning with that letter. I've seen them on wikipedia, so know it should be able to be done, just not how. Ideally, each name should be able to be linked to, so if a different page could take you straight to the point. That's what I'm not sure if it's possible.

If someone with a bit more knowledge could let me know how or set up a start I could follow, I would be more than happy to fill it in.

You mean something like this?

I can import it over to the wiki and you can start editing it with the correct links if you'd like.

EDIT: Here ya go. A lot of links need to be changed and/or added. If you want to start it, post in here with how far down the list you get and someone else can start editing again from that point.

If I mention Hodor or someone on another age and want people to know who he is, have a link that goes straight to him and a summary about him on the character page. I'm not sure if this even is possible, and I'm extremely tired so struggle to make myself clear :P

Oh ok, I understand what you are saying. I don't know if there is a way to do that. I think this list is more of a jumping off point for people to click on names and get more detailed info on that character.

Ideally, we will eventually have an article for most of the characters on this list. This is a fan wiki, you are supposed to have articles on every minor character and little detail within the books.

If I mention Hodor or someone on another age and want people to know who he is, have a link that goes straight to him and a summary about him on the character page. I'm not sure if this even is possible, and I'm extremely tired so struggle to make myself clear :P

Hmm I'm not sure I understand. So you mean using the text from the List of Characters‎, say for instance the Hodor section, in an other article?

I think what he is saying is he wants to be able to mention Hodor in a, for example, Bran article, but have Hodor's name link to the giant list of characters and make it jump right to his name so you can read the little blurb of info about him.

As far as I know, the only way you can link to a section of an article is through the header, so you could do the above but you would only be able to jump to the letter 'H' since that is a header.

Ok, well I started editing that huge list. Adding links to existing characters page and red linking ones that still need to be done. I only got A done so far. It is a lot of work. Will be nice once it is done though, as we will be able to see which characters still need to be added to the wiki.

If any one wants to work on a letter, just say so here.

EDIT: Ok, also finished up B.

I think what he is saying is he wants to be able to mention Hodor in a, for example, Bran article, but have Hodor's name link to the giant list of characters and make it jump right to his name so you can read the little blurb of info about him.

As far as I know, the only way you can link to a section of an article is through the header, so you could do the above but you would only be able to jump to the letter 'H' since that is a header.

You could do it by making each individual character name a sub-title. So instead of:

List of Characters

===H===

* Hodor

You had:

List of Characters

==H==

===Hodor===

And then the info underneath their name.

I haven't checked to see if it's already his name, but can we call Rhaegar and Elia's son 'Aegon VI'? The timeline seems to suggest that Jaime had killed Aerys II just as Gregor and Lorch were scaling the tower, meaning that technically Aegon was King for about ten minutes before he (probably) got killed.

I haven't checked to see if it's already his name, but can we call Rhaegar and Elia's son 'Aegon VI'? The timeline seems to suggest that Jaime had killed Aerys II just as Gregor and Lorch were scaling the tower, meaning that technically Aegon was King for about ten minutes before he (probably) got killed.

I think in Westeros princes becomes kings after they have been crowned. But more important, what is the reason?

For Aegon-son-of-Rhaegar there is not a lot of information. At this stage no need for a separate page I think. That would ofcourse change if it turns out that we was smuggled away or was "The Prince That Wsa Promised". In that case of page for "Aegon VI" would be ok, or we could name the page "Prince Aegon Targaryen".

I think in Westeros princes becomes kings after they have been crowned. But more important, what is the reason?

For Aegon-son-of-Rhaegar there is not a lot of information. At this stage no need for a separate page I think. That would ofcourse change if it turns out that we was smuggled away or was "The Prince That Wsa Promised". In that case of page for "Aegon VI" would be ok, or we could name the page "Prince Aegon Targaryen".

Sacrilege! :P

Going by other Wiki/Wikias-per-show every named person, place and thing in the series should get their own entry. On WoT Wiki every tavern is getting its own entry (seriously). On Memory Alpha even that random woman who answered Uhura and Chekov's questions about where they could find 'nuclear vessels' in ST4 has her own entry :)

Aegon 'VI', by comparison, is more than worthy of his own entry. Aemon and Rhaegar thought he was the PWWP, he figured prominently in Dany's dream in the House of the Undying, his death was one (if a lesser) of the motivations for Oberyn's actions and more. It wouldn't be

I agree with Wert. The point of having a dedicated wiki is so you can go crazy and have a page for even the smallest characters and every minor detail. That is why I started editing the full character list to include links to pages for every single character.

As far as what to call Baby Aegon's page. We could just use Aegon Targaryen. Are there any other non-numbered Aegon Targaryens?

We could just use Aegon Targaryen. Are there any other non-numbered Aegon Targaryens?

Not that I know of. Daemon Blackfyre had a son called Aegon, but he was no Targaryen, just the son of a (legitimised) Targaryen bastard.

Are there any other non-numbered Aegon Targaryens?

No.

But you still can create a disambiguation page. It's very useful, and it will serve later for people who has exactly the same name (the Walda Freys, the Walder Freys, the Brandon Starks, etc.)

Not that I know of. Daemon Blackfyre had a son called Aegon, but he was no Targaryen, just the son of a (legitimised) Targaryen bastard.

His name would be 'Aegon Blackfyre' anyway, as we know Daemon's descendants kept his surname as a House name, ending (presumably) with Maelys Blackfyre.

Archived