Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG

Krafus

I'm digging my Marauder loads. I was dumb enough not to click the tab at my class trainer so I was only upgrading normal warrior spells at my trainer - not class abilities. Hence my issue with dps. I'm going Carnage for more direct DPS as opposed to Ani's dot effect. I'm level 24 now and about to ding 25. Almost Light III, as I'm not a typical Sith Lord :) Be kind to your underlings and they'll be kind to you! Done quite a few warzones and with the special marauder abilities that slow and hamper healing I can seriously fuck shit up. Been thinking of speccing into Ani just to get the lowered cd on my force jump so I can bound about like some psychotic gummi bear.

Levelled a Bounty Hunter to 10 and wow - that class seems so fucking op during the lower levels. You've even got a pocket healer at your companion. I can see this class becoming the huntard of SW ToR. Havent decided what path to take - damage/heal or damage/tanlk.

Consul to 10 too - Seems boring, don't think I'll take it much further.

Just started a Trooper too as I'll prolly play most classes to 10 just to check it out.

At 1920x1200 max details - this game is really pretty. I've had to switch the gfx down to medium in the flashpoints because there is just too much flashing shit going on.

I've heard people complain about the lack of a LFG Tool, like WoW has. At the moment I actually prefer it without one. You get to know the players on your server more and since the game is brand spanking new, everyone is trying to do as much group quests as possible. My friends list is filling up with good tanks/healers quickly. 6 months down the line and I'll be eating my words, hopefully they sort something out before then.

After the complete shitheap that DCUO was, SW ToR is a pleasant suprise.

@ Tyrellius and Lyanna - Gonna see you online after maintenance :). Glad to finally have the chance to play with someone from the board.

Concerning some of the questions on the previous page:

1. Yes, the class quests are soloable, up to the very end. Sometimes you get to face an elite, but with a companion and a few cooldowns you can solo it. My advice is to try finding a friend or two, and quest together. I did it with an Inquisitor friend of mine and with a few exceptions we quested together since lvl10. We saw most of each others' class quests. You get to see two class stories - there are 8 altogether and I doubt anyone will reroll 8 times :D.

2. Bug/glitch-wise the game is in an odd position. Haven't found a single bugged quest, very few bugged mobs (which just evade) and a few bugged chests in flashpoints. Every gameplay aspect seems to work 99% flawlessly. Technically speaking, however, the game is badly optimized. Graphic settings barely affect performance, window-fullscreen mode doesn't work, standard fullscreen takes a long time between alt-tabs, loading screens take longer, the longer you play. I tend to close and re-launch the game every few hours to avoid performance issues. And my PC ought to be able to run the game on max settings without difficulty - instead I play on Low and have issues. Not just me, heard that many people have this problem.

Random chatter: lvl42 Sniper atm, loving everything about the class: abilities, story, spaceship, gear design. Finished Act II yesterday and I am actually dreading that Act III might be the last. I want more of the awesome story. I doubt rerolling will do it for me, every other story will seem inferior after this one.

The flashpoints are getting much harder and they have mechanics, you're more likely to see in raids in games like WoW. Don't skip flashpoints, try doing each at least once - story and bosses are cool and if you don't like them for some reason you can avoid them after. Anyone heading for Colocoid War Games (lvl~40 flashpoint) - take some tranquilizers before you enter, offer some to your party buddies too. This place is sick. Not too hard, no, just sick. I'm also putting up a contest - be the first to 2-man the second boss in Red Reaper flashpoint. Quite doable, I actually found it easier than 4-manning cuz the other 2 guys just messed up the crystals.

Davos - 45 Smuggler - Iron Citadel

You know there is an Admiral Davos on Hoth (part of Imperial Agent questline). He's also a bit of a pirate :D.

The cantina on Nal Nutta has a Han Duo and Greepo. Which will shoot first?

And the upgraded Force Charge abilities are pretty great. I don't know about for PvP but, for PvE at least, I find that they let me go from mob to mob at lightning speed. Particularly when I get rid of minimum distance.

And hilariously, I was de facto tank for several 4 man heroics I ran last night. It was pretty awesome tanking the bosses of Taris purely due to how hard I hit :D

ETA: Solmyr, I read each story has 5 acts and you'll be 50 by the end of 3. Not sure how reliable this is though.

ETA2: Marauder realizations- this class seems to put out a bit more damage than anything else I've seen so far, at least Annihilation spec does. The trade-off appears to be survivability- I can literally die to 3 normal mobs if I'm not paying attention/don't have Quinn out. Also, the AoE never gets very good. It just becomes adequate. You're purely there to burn down bosses, etc.

The class definitely takes more paying attention to than anything I played in WoW, lacking a rotation so much as a series of abilities with priority that all have differing cooldowns. Rage mechanic is good for DPS- I rarely feel rage-starved and once I get the ability to gain rage from my DoTs, the few times I do will vanish I hope.

Solymr - Imperial agent eh? Dont forget to include "My Lord" when speaking to me in game.

Yes - gfx wise I've had to adjust my gpus fanspeeds as I was getting temps in the mid to high 80s. Even though 480s have heat issues, I've never had them get so hot before. Whacking up their internal fans to 75-80% takes care of the heat issue though.

I'm at work tonight Solymr, but since its really quiet I'll probably be sneaking on anyways.

Kos - The difference in gameplay between the Bounty Hunter and Marauder is obscene. AoE weapons do tonnes of damage and its amazing how easy ranged classes feel after actually having to pay attention to what I was doing with my Marauder. Try it out its worth a giggle or two.

I was going to link a nice Marauder class guide I found on SW ToR's forums, but due to high traffic - the site is unavailable :D

What is your annihilation spec? I'm a 32 Marauder and im currently 0/3/20. I have't put much thought into my spec but i think it's time to switch it up. Not pulling the damage i want to. AND i get kited in pvp. Got me thinking i want to reroll bounty hunter/merc.

Archived