Should I read Eragon

Peter Irving

Guest thebadlady

I have a high tolerance for shite books, but Eragon was over the line. It was so mind bogglingly horrible, I am still amazed that shit got published. We went to the movie and it was only ok because I was falling over drunk.

Drop the read right now. It's shit.

You should stop wasting your time on Paolini and pick up something worth a damn.

Like for example, the story I just finished. :)

Just save yourself some time and watch the film version instead. Its about hundred times better (sadly that is not a compliment so I wouldn't recommend seeing it either unless you really have to).

Drop the read right now. It's shit.

You should stop wasting your time on Paolini and pick up something worth a damn.

Like for example, the story I just finished. :)

If I can't find something redeemable by page 100 I'll set it down to be returned to the library.

That's exactly what I did (except replace "Library" with "Sister's Bookshelf").

Honestly, it's not even entertainingly bad. It's just .... dull.

And bad.

I made it to the first city he visits with Obi Wan and then I couldn't take it anymore.

Peter, you can put the book down because you have read it before. Someone said earlier that it was if the author tried to include every single fantasy cliche they could and it is true. There is nothing original to the story.

Wow is it terrible! First there's the fact EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE hates the empire and loves the fucking Dragon Riders, THEN WHY DID YOU LET THE EMPIRE COME TO PASS IF YOU HATE IT SO MUCH!.

Oh and Paolini describes everything, I don't fricking care if Obi Wans chair has eagles carved into it!

(I had a painful bus ride to day reading this book on the way to work).

Umm...they didn't LET it happen. They were conquered. Sith style.

I get the distinct impression that everyone hates the empire yet they choose not to rise up and everyone LOVES the fraking dragon riders so why don't they then rise up?

I get the distinct impression that everyone hates the empire yet they choose not to rise up and everyone LOVES the fraking dragon riders so why don't they then rise up?

Wait! Are you saying that they are death choosers? Now I hate Eragon so much more!

BTW are you comparing star wars to Eragon? Star Wars kicks Eragons ass,

The reason why people support the empire is because Palpatine brought order to nation which was plagued by chaos! (Caused by Palpatine but most of the people don't know that).

Archived