Suggestion for another game with huge Westeros modding potential

Deas

First of all, big ups to the guys behind Westeros Total War. As and old Martin as well as Total War fan I was thrilled to find out about the mod and had great, great fun with it. Medieval II seemed the perfect game for a Westeros mod.

Two weeks ago, however, I came across Mount & Blade (http://www.taleworlds.com/). Let me tell you, that game has insane potential for a Westeros mod. Just like in Total War you've got the overview map with castles, cities, settlements and different regions, the generals, kings, armies and big battles and so on. However, Mount & Blade also has the RPG element. With character traits, you in control of one single character and so on. You can play solo but also rise in the favour of a lord and/or king, join that faction and war the others, control armies, conquer castles, raze and plunder and so on. You also got actual tournaments with jousting, melees and archery competitions. All the units typical to the time, sieges...well, I can go on. The existing factions already have units, items, weapons and armor fitting for both the Iron Men, Dothraki (if you include those) and typical Westeros units (men at arms, archers, crossbower, pikemen, militia, knights and various cavalry, outlaws, looters, raiding parties and so on).

Battles wouldn't include the actual numbers from the books, but not even Total War does that. There are addons to use battle sizes of up to 1000 units at once per battle. 300 can be played fluently on a great rig. Armies can be alot bigger though, and the additional units will join the battlefield as soon as there's room. Imagine being a Stark lord, controling your part of Rob's army (as well as managing a northern castle with surrounding villages, collecting taxes etc) watching The Mountain crash into your infantry and then worrying about how the hell to bring him down =)

The modding community for the game is absolutely huge, yet I've found nothing on their forum about a Westeros mod.

I'm just throwing this out there. This is in no way an omg-do-this-mod-and-hurry-up request. Just wanted gamers who like modding and ASoIaF to be aware of Mount & Blade. I can't think of a game more fitting for a Westeros mod.

I can't mod for shit. But if experienced modders wants to do this I'd help out in any way possible. With texts and writings, coordination and so on.

Archived