Ran, on Aug 8 2009, 11.02, said:
You know, I'm sure George is tired about ADwD questions ... so here's some suggested non-ADwD questions! ;)
1) Can he confirm that Daenerys Targaryen has been cast for the HBO series? An actress has recently twittered that she was told they were no longer looking for someone for the role. (Might be best to ask this one when he's had some Irish Mist... ;)
2) Was it reasonable of Robb and Brynden to think that "hold Riverrun" was sufficiently strict an order that Edmure would could not interpret it more broadly? It seems they're the only people in the books who believe this. Was their dressing down of Edmure more a calculated move to "soften him up" to accept a Frey wedding?
3) Was Ser Raymun Darry the Lord of Darry? "His Lordship" and "the lordship's bedchambers" are often referenced, but Raymun is always just Ser Raymun.
4) Will we ever learn why the Valyrians never attempted to colonize/conquer further west than Dragonstone?
5) Was Darkstar about of an age with Arthur Dayne? Were they rivals for the position of Sword of the Morning?
6) Will we ever see the Isle of Faces?
7) Was Jaehaerys II's arm crippled at Summerhall?
I second especially the last question. Totally forgot that when I asked last year about Baelor the Blessed and the two Targaryen-Martell marriages.
But there are another nice freakish Targaryen questions:
1) Who was Jaehaerys's II. Queen (the mother of Aerys II. and Queen Rhaella Targaryen)? How and when did she die?
2) Who threw Bloodraven into the Black Cells? Aerys I., or Maekar I.?
3) Who made Aenys I. and Maegor I. King, respectively? Did any of Aegon's I. sisters outlive their royal brother? And, if any of them did, were they responsible for inthroning their sons?
4) Who were Viserys I. parents?
And, because we discuss these things right now in the board:
Why did Lord Tywin never remarry?
and, of course,
Was Shae planted into Tywin's bed by Varys or did Tywin just want to fuck the whore of the son he just condemded to death?