Hints on Not a Blog

Ran

Regarding Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as a possible Jaime, I was a bit worried, frankly. I mean, he's a Dane, what's his accent? And those pics of him all sort of look rough and rugged, not 'my' beautiful Jaime. Worry, worry... Anyway, I found this little video where he and other cast members of 'Virtuality' talk about what they'd bring with for a long space voyage. He only has a few words, a few moments here and there on screen, but I feel SO much better now! Stop the vid just as his face comes on and really look at him. This guy is flat-out gorgeous. Beautiful. Yowser, I just picture him with his golden hair and golden armor and white cloak. Oh yes, this'll work out just fine!

http://www.tv.com/video/21704/104/139380/w...ace;video;title

Wait, I skimmed through the last few pages of the other thread so perhaps I missed it, but what's the compelling evidence for this guy being Jaime again?

From first set of hints:

Dutch treat - played John Amsterdam in the series New Amsterdam

Shows can get cancelled and so can characters, but two of them have been seen on American tv recently - played in the pilot of the cancelled series Virtuality where his character was 'cancelled' in the pilot

Music choice: Too Good to be True - a youtube search of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau gives you

as the third choice

Second set of hints:

Could be either:

Another has been seen wandering a castle exclaiming about roses - his debut role was Laertes in Hamlet who exclaimed about roses

or:

A third is too good to be true - see the youtube link above

Out for coffee and a danish - he's Danish

A new day, new speculations :)

1 Jaime Lannister - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

2 Theon Greyjoy - Hugh Mitchell

3 Lyanna Stark - Emily Blunt

4 Arya Stack - Female kid actor

5 Myrcella Baratheon - Female kid actor

6 Robb Stark - Alfie Allen

I won't discuss 1 and 6, as their connections are well known, and the kids 4-5 are unknowns.

First off, Emily Blunt as Lyanna Stark:

1 She is not a boney singer (James Blunt).

2 She also played Henry VIII fifth wife (Catherine Howard)

3 Esquire featured her on the cover.

Secondly, Hugh Mitchell as Theon Greyjoy:

1 Played Colin Creevey in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

2 Played a young Edward VI in the same Henry VIII as Blunt, though I don't know if he had any scenes about roses.

Theon still has quite a few possibilities if you look among Harry Potter actors or choose to look at Radcliffes other projects, but Emily Blunt seems a good fit.

Edit:

What about a way more far out suggestion, that would indeed be "too good to be true". What about Daniel Radcliffe as Theon Greyjoy? With him in the list, all clues are covered, and the weak link of the youtube title for Nikolaj is shifted to Daniels casting.

Regarding Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as a possible Jaime, I was a bit worried, frankly. I mean, he's a Dane, what's his accent? And those pics of him all sort of look rough and rugged, not 'my' beautiful Jaime. Worry, worry... Anyway, I found this little video where he and other cast members of 'Virtuality' talk about what they'd bring with for a long space voyage. He only has a few words, a few moments here and there on screen, but I feel SO much better now! Stop the vid just as his face comes on and really look at him. This guy is flat-out gorgeous. Beautiful. Yowser, I just picture him with his golden hair and golden armor and white cloak. Oh yes, this'll work out just fine!

http://www.tv.com/video/21704/104/139380/w...ace;video;title

Well hello there! :drool: Yup, I can definitely see it.

Hmmm. Alfie as Robb? While I'm not keen on the Alfie Allen (possible) casting, I'd much rather he played Theon. Really really can't see him doing the noble Robb Stark. TBH I don't think he's a good enough actor. I admit I'm still holding out hope we're wrong on Alfie. Sorry!

Alright, after spending way too much googling around, have this somewhat alternate casting:

3 Lyanna Stark - one of these <Esquire hot actress, not a boney singer? Mainly eye-candy to plaster on a crypt>

Main reason I cast Lyanna Stark was that GRRM would make it more of a big thing if was Cersei or Dany cast, not some afterthought.

I looked at all the actresses on your esquire link and came up with a casting theory for Cersei.

There's a pop singer named Sarah Connor, and she's (NSFW) kinda boney.

Lena Headey played Sarah Connor in "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" which was on American television recently, and was canceled recently, and she was definitely not a boney pop singer. At 35, she's at the right age to play Cersei, and

I looked at all the actresses on your esquire link and came up with a casting theory for Cersei.

There's a pop singer named Sarah Connor, and she's (NSFW) kinda boney.

Lena Headey played Sarah Connor in "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" which was on American television recently, and was canceled recently, and she was definitely not a boney pop singer. At 35, she's at the right age to play Cersei, and

Apparently I don't have permission to access Sarah Connor's ass crack?! :lol:

I like the look of Lena too. So many possibilities!

Just wanted to add that for the people complaining about Theon's (potential) casting, just remember the actor has...

You really should spoiler tag that comment, Scabbard. Since ADWD is not yet published, that information is still considered a spoiler, even though the chapter has been released. Not everyone wants to read the preview chapter out of context with the book. That's usually how it works on these boards (I remember when I once mentioned a Cersei preview chapter before AFFC came out, I got the same sort of 'rebuke.')

Why are people still under the impression that if Alfie Allen is cast, it's as Robb Stark? When the first set of clues came out, the only male roles cast were Theon and Jaime and isn't one of the clues that it's Allen that he "has something in common with Harry Potter" and/or "not a boney pop star." If that's the case, he can't possibly be Robb because Robb wasn't cast yet (if he's cast at all...). Or is the assumption that neither of these two clues is about him?

About Emily Blunt - much like Elizabeth Banks, there's no way she's doing TV at this point in her career. She has starring roles in 3 major studio movies currently in the can or filming, and 2 that seem to be a large scale indies with many major stars (one is a big costume drama about young Queen Victoria). After that, she's attached to three more movies that are listed in pre-production (two of them definitely major projects with Matt Damon and Anthony Hopkins). Emily Blunt is NOT going to sign on to a possibly 7-season TV series at this stage of her career.

Brude, you keep saying that actors or actresses aren't candidates for the roles cast in the pilot because of where they are in their career, and this seems like a highly logical point of consideration in trying to work out these clues. I was just wondering what your reasoning is on why Sean Bean has accepted the role of Eddard (awesome though that news is), from his career's pov. Im probably just wrong here but I would have thought that he too would be too big for tv now, in particular after lotr...

Why are people still under the impression that if Alfie Allen is cast, it's as Robb Stark? When the first set of clues came out, the only male roles cast were Theon and Jaime and isn't one of the clues that it's Allen that he "has something in common with Harry Potter" and/or "not a boney pop star." If that's the case, he can't possibly be Robb because Robb wasn't cast yet (if he's cast at all...). Or is the assumption that neither of these two clues is about him?

About Emily Blunt - much like Elizabeth Banks, there's no way she's doing TV at this point in her career. She has starring roles in 3 major studio movies currently in the can or filming, and 2 that seem to be a large scale indies with many major stars (one is a big costume drama about young Queen Victoria). After that, she's attached to three more movies that are listed in pre-production (two of them definitely major projects with Matt Damon and Anthony Hopkins). Emily Blunt is NOT going to sign on to a possibly 7-season TV series at this stage of her career.

All the obvious Alfie Allen hints are in the second post, after the addition of the 6th casting. Lily Allen can in no way be described as a "boney singer", as her pictures and lifestyle contest. The link to Harry Potter is probably linked to the actor playing Theon, but almost all males in the harry potter movies playing students are around 20 now, so that means there are a lot of other possibilities for Theon. Alfie can be the sixth to be cast, and the role that fits is Robb Stark.

And I cast Emily Blunt as Lyanna Stark, who is dead. That is a cameo role at best, as she will only appear in a few flashbacks way down the road. The reason she could be cast is just for voice-over for "Promise me Ned" plus her likelyhood on a Crypt statue in the pilot. And I like the James Blunt = boney singer link, together with all the others I mentioned.

These are all possibilities. Sure Alfie can be Theon, but he can also be Robb under these circumstances. And yes I was looking for another permutation than the prevalent Theon = Theon, can you blame me? :D

I was just wondering what your reasoning is on why Sean Bean has accepted the role of Eddard (awesome though that news is), from his career's pov. Im probably just wrong here but I would have thought that he too would be too big for tv now, in particular after lotr...

A) he's only tied down for a single season, not as many as seven.

B) he's much farther along in his career and doesn't need to build a big resume at this stage. The work he's done already means no matter what, he can probably work in major roles for the rest of his life.

C) though he's a pretty big star, he's not likely to become as big a star as both Banks and Blunt have the potential to become right at this stage if they get the right roles in the right major hits. Banks has a chance to be the next Cameron Diaz, Blunt the next Catherine Zeta-Jones. For Banks the next couple years are especially critical, as she is older. Blunt has more years to build her career, but things are popping for her right now and one should always strike when the iron is hot, especially in the film business where EVERYTHING is about one's current "buzz" and "heat." In Hollywood, buzz and heat disappates very quickly if you don't keep the pressure on or if you manage it incorrectly.

And I cast Emily Blunt as Lyanna Stark, who is dead. That is a cameo role at best,

You know what, I keep seeing people talking about Blunt for major roles...somehow when I read yours, then went and read some other things, I lost the thread that you just proposed her for Lyanna. A cameo, sure...maybe - I proposed earlier that maybe one clue was alluding to Mila Jovovich as Lyanna in a cameo (though now I think that's wrong).

You know what, I keep seeing people talking about Blunt for major roles...somehow when I read yours, then went and read some other things, I lost the thread that you just proposed her for Lyanna. A cameo, sure...maybe - I proposed earlier that maybe one clue was alluding to Mila Jovovich as Lyanna in a cameo (though now I think that's wrong).

Yeah all these predictions can be difficult to track :), I get lost myself.

My hunch is the third female cast besides the two child roles was not Cersei or Dany. Besides those two we don't have lot of other possible named female actors. Mordane, Lyanna, Lysa, Sansa, Arya and Myrcella are the only ones I can think of. From his wording the third female actor could actually be Mordane, Lysa, Lyanna, Sansa or Arya, with the unknown child actors being two of Sansa, Arya and Myrcella. I discounted Lysa as she doesn't appear in the pilot script, probably because keeping her out of the pilot saves on casting time and the amount of actors to introduce.

Then I went off to match those left to Boney singers, the Fifth, Esquire and so on.

And you'll see that we will all be horribly wrong :D

A) he's only tied down for a single season, not as many as seven.

B) he's much farther along in his career and doesn't need to build a big resume at this stage. The work he's done already means no matter what, he can probably work in major roles for the rest of his life.

C) though he's a pretty big star, he's not likely to become as big a star as both Banks and Blunt have the potential to become right at this stage if they get the right roles in the right major hits. Banks has a chance to be the next Cameron Diaz, Blunt the next Catherine Zeta-Jones. For Banks the next couple years are especially critical, as she is older. Blunt has more years to build her career, but things are popping for her right now and one should always strike when the iron is hot, especially in the film business where EVERYTHING is about one's current "buzz" and "heat." In Hollywood, buzz and heat disappates very quickly if you don't keep the pressure on or if you manage it incorrectly.

Makes sense. Thanks :)

My hunch is the third female cast besides the two child roles was not Cersei or Dany. Besides those two we don't have lot of other possible named female actors. Mordane, Lyanna, Lysa, Sansa, Arya and Myrcella are the only ones I can think of. From his wording the third female actor could actually be Mordane, Lysa, Lyanna, Sansa or Arya, with the unknown child actors being two of Sansa, Arya and Myrcella. I discounted Lysa as she doesn't appear in the pilot script, probably because keeping her out of the pilot saves on casting time and the amount of actors to introduce.

See, the reason I don't think this holds is because all of the roles he was giving clues about seem to be major roles. In his last post, he discussed how they were now just doing the casting all of the minor roles like Luwin, Gared and the like and I think Mordane and maybe even Lyanna fall into this catagory (depending on if/how they plan to do flashbacks). But small roles like Mordane, Jeyne Poole (if she's in it, I don't think she's mentioned in the pilot script, but she could still get cast) are only just being handled now. I think it's quite likely Jeyne will get cast out of somone who didn't quite make the cut for Sansa; maybe Myrcella too. Lysa is definitely not in the Pilot.

I'm not terribly convinced they are casting Lyanna now since she's just a statue in the Pilot - there are easy ways to shoot around that and work it in later, once (and if) the role gets cast.

Edit: My favorite thing I just read over at WiC just now is the idea that "I'm going out for a coffee and danish" refers to Dany being most recently cast. Dan(y)ish...get it...

Good one Gytha, I never thought about Lena Heady becuase I always see here as a brunette, she makes a great blond and does have the atitude for Cersei as well. I have gone over so many options and look at all the suggestions and so many actors match well to the clues I have come to the conclusion GRRM did that on purpose. He can't have the clues lead to the specific actor, HBO wouldn't be very happy about that. The clues he has given can narrow the selection to 3,4 or 5 actors for the role and the one that has been picked is in that list.

Example: Jamie

1.) Alex. Skarsgard

2.) Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

3.) Toby Stephens

4.) Mathew Goode

5.) Rubert Friend

:cheers:

Archived