Goodkind XLV: It Has Arrived!

Myshkin

What I'm finding a bit hard to believe is that Alex is the last living Rahl. Didn't Richard have like 1,000 half brothers and sisters? I know he killed most of them but what happened to the rest?

Some didn't know they were a Rahl, though the majority of them had been wiped out by Darken Rahl. Oba, Drefan and Jensen were the only 3 anyone was aware of, Oba and Drefan were killed, Jensen's the ancestor of Alex.

Why the Amnell name carried on but Rahl didn't isn't explained in the book. There either weren't any other (by name) after Dick, or the history records were destroyed after the "Golden Age" Dick ushered in in the final SoT book.

Tormund, you disappoint me.

I read about various spoilers and lots of fun similarities between series just by checking the goodkind.com forums.

Here's what I can tell you off the top of my head:

1. Alex is nearly raped by his ex-girlfriend. Seriously, she tries to rape him, she's one of the bad guys, originally from Tairyland (or something).

2. Jax's last name is Amnell (Klan's last name), no one knows what happened to the Rahls.

3. The protagonists are regularly detained/captured, just like in SoT

4. Plenty of slit throats, gun violence and all the usual 'teh commies, tey're coming for us!'

5. Jax needs Alex because they're trying to destroy magic in Tairyland again. Apparently communism is in their DNA. Even removing all the lazy fucks from the planet isn't enough to stamp out the C-word.

That's all I remember.

Why do I want to read this even more badly now? I still haven't gotten over the disappointment of not ever reading Confessor, now here's another masterpiece I'm missing out on...

I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Tairy is repeating himself. That's what he does best, right?

2. Jax's last name is Amnell (Klan's last name), no one knows what happened to the Rahls.

This doesn't make any sense. Klan was the last Amnell, and any children she had would have been named Rahl. How then can the Amnell name still be around?

I read this series, and I enjoyed the first couple books until the objectivism got too intense, but I kept reading anyway, the last book just seemed weird to me, does he imply we're actually the communist people of the old empire?

This doesn't make any sense. Klan was the last Amnell, and any children she had would have been named Rahl. How then can the Amnell name still be around?

Also wasn't she pretty much expressly forbidden to have children, because any child she had would be male (according to the witch woman) and would be a male CONFESSOR OF DOOM?

There were other Amnells though; wasn't her last name from her father, so the royal family of wherever would be Amnells. Or did Confessors get their surnames from their mothers?

Holy shit! :stunned:

Also: :rofl:

It's like Lemming Christmas! I am in awe of what Tairy has done here, I truly am, ripping himself off in the most amusing way possible. I shall drink a toast to all the noble lemmings who are taking one for the team. :cheers:

*crosses fingers and hopes for some coiled fury in subsequent instalments*

Doesn't seem to be out in Australia yet, but I haven't really been looking that hard for it. Just wandered into Borders during my lunch break.

And I don't think I'll buy it, after all. I'll wait for the library copy.

From the excerpt posted here I'm glad to find out that Tairy delivers yet again! His imagination is beyond this world and I'm amazed he always finds a way to surprise us yet again with his terrific storytelling.

All hail to Tairy! I think Highlander was made with Tairy in mind. There can be only one!

I am not sure Highlander was made with Tairy in mind. If there was such a thing as a Highlander 2 then that would be much more appropriate for Tairy. But then of course we know there were never any sequels made, none at all :nods:

The most incredible thing about the Law of Nines is how it is so completely not a standalone thriller and rips off so many of the same ideas and themes that were in the SoT books. Actually that is not the most incredible thing, because we just knew it would be like that because Tairy is such an atrociously bad writer that it had to be more of the same crap rather than something new, he is just not capable of such a thing.

What is the most incredible thing about it is that despite us knowing all this it is still a surprise that the book is this craptastic.

With every new idiotic turn of phrase, with every poorly thought out description, with every loathsomely disgusting topic of philosophy touched upon, with every ridiculously stupid concept mentioned my jaw literally drops open a little further. How can something this bad not be done with purposeful intention? How can someone arrive at something this awful by accident? It just beggars belief, it really does.

WhiteHaven - I admire your foolish bravery but you just broke rule 1 - do not feed the Yeard!

It might be difficult for you to get hold of English versions of the book from 2nd hand bookstores in Germany but even so there are other ways to go about getting your hands on the books without contributing to Tairy's coffers.

Well I guess it is too late now. Also let you be warned, the books are so much more dull and awful than these threads make them out to be. Genuinely.

Please, accept my humble apologies. It is just like...you know if there is a movie coming up in the cinema, and you know that it is going to be utterless shit, you watch it anyways.

That's what I am doing here - I read all those threads about Terry, he has to be the worst author alive, and that's why I HAVE to read them. I love trash, and you guys made me so curious. If it is really that crappy I am sure that I will not finish the series, but..well I need this experience :D

But, I am going to punish myself. No alcohol, for the rest of the month!

OMG are you intending to read Sword of Truth sober????? :eek:

Just to reassure us all please tell us that you are not prone to bouts of severe depression and thoughts of self harm and suicide? Otherwise we might need a healthcare professional to step in and monitor your progress on an hour by hour basis.

OMG are you intending to read Sword of Truth sober????? :eek:

Just to reassure us all please tell us that you are not prone to bouts of severe depression and thoughts of self harm and suicide? Otherwise we might need a healthcare professional to step in and monitor your progress on an hour by hour basis.

As I said...punishement :pirate:

You know..I think that I am going to read the whole Sword of Truth saga. But you guys have to encourage me and read my first time reader blog. :D

Edit: Okay I did it!

http://whswordoftruth.blogspot.com/

I also ordered the first book - omg I am so nervous :stunned:

Although you've just fed the yeard I have to bookmark this! :P

Archived