The Queen has been cast.

Andhaira

As I said in the casting thread:

... I'm looking for women who've been in wax commercials and have worked with Kevin Bacon. Because working with Bacon really narrows it down, as we all know.

Big Ben is either London or a football reference (Ben Roethlisberger of the Steelers is called "Big Ben" -- and GRRM loves his football).

As I said in the casting thread:

... I'm looking for women who've been in wax commercials and have worked with Kevin Bacon. Because working with Bacon really narrows it down, as we all know.

Big Ben is either London or a football reference (Ben Roethlisberger of the Steelers is called "Big Ben" -- and GRRM loves his football).

He is dating a hillary Swank look a like.

It is Hilary.

All the signs point to this.

Hillary-friend of GrrM through Comicon friend = 1 link of seperation

Mr. Myagi=Hilary swank was in Karate Kid

It is Hilary.

Her mother being a stranger to big ben? I'm still looking into that, but she had a costar whose character was named Ben in the Reaping. who was big, and perhaps had never met her mother.

Actually, I think one of the comments in "Not a Blog" has the right of it: it's one link between George and her. Remember, George worked in Hollywood.

That person touts Sophia Myles, having been in a film with Pat Morita where they never spoke, and the link between George and her being Ron Perlman. I'm not sure of Big Ben, except maybe it has to do with the Doctor Who episode "The Girl in the Fireplace", in which clockwork androids try to take her brain for some reason.

It can't be a London reference, it seems to me -- she was born in London, certainly her mother must know of Big Ben. If it's a football reference, well, that'd make sense I suppose, doubt her mother would know a thing about American football.

For anyone who hasn't seen the Dr Who episode "The Girl in the Fireplace", it's worth seeing even if you're not a fan of the show. Excellent story and writing, and Sophia Myles is great in it as Madame de Pompadour (Louis XV's mistress). She's definitely not a Cersei-like character as far as the bitchiness/villainy goes, but she has the majesty/sexiness, and she comes across as a good enough actress to pull another sort of character off. I'd be very happy if she is cast.

Only yesterday I was all for the king's peace, saying that whoever gets cast, we must accept that we all have different views on beauty, and that no woman's appearance can make all of us go "whoa that's Cersei!".

But now that Hillary is being mentioned as a possibility .. :stunned: I will retract everything I said and find myself vehemently against such a casting. She doesn't look like Cersei at all!

And I don't find her beautiful at all. It's not like whatshername who's gonna be Daenerys, she isn't über-beautiful as many want her to be, but she isn't ugly either.

but I can't tell you who she is.

Only who she isn't.

She has no lines in common with Mr. Miyagi, but maybe she should. If we were playing "Six Degrees," there would only be one link between us. Her mother and Big Ben are strangers.

Mr Miyagi comment - ? Elizabeth Shue

Six degrees of Kevin Bacon?- Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth Shue were both in Hollow Man

Big Ben comment I don't know...

I don't think Elizabeth Shue is all that likely---too obvious I think

I think we should look for other actresses who were in things with Pat Morita and looks for connections...

Again, I'm pretty sure the "Six Degrees" reference means a connection between George and the actress, not the actress and Kevin Bacon. In fact, it's basically impossible to read it any other way -- the "Six Degrees" game existed before some clever person decided to do a version focused on Bacon.

George has been in the background of a Beauty and the Beast episode, and wrote and acted as a script supervisor on that show, so either he literally means the connection point is an actor in that particular episode, or he's using it more broadly and it can be most anyone in the series. He's also done other work, and had a story of his adapted to a Hitchhiker episode, so again, using the broader definition, it could be anyone from there.

Again, I'm pretty sure the "Six Degrees" reference means a connection between George and the actress, not the actress and Kevin Bacon. In fact, it's basically impossible to read it any other way -- the "Six Degrees" game existed before some clever person decided to do a version focused on Bacon.

Good call. Let's get Bacon off the breadcrumb trail.

This isn't nearly as easy as the Hound. Conversely, however, we've certainly begun to work the clues more quickly. I'm nearly confident we'll have it narrowed to half a dozen actresses by tomorrow.

I can't actually find a film connecting Myles to Morita, though, despite what the person claimed. So I'm not sure it's Myles.

Ok Ran,

This way the phuck a little out there but here goes

Mr. Miyage= Pat Moriarty= Moriarty...

Micheal Moriarty appeared in touched by an angel starring Della Reese.

Della Reese played Sophia Myles in The moving of Sophia Myles

REALLY obscure connections but there you are. Do with it what you will...

I think Hilary Swank can be Hawt! I certainly wouldn't say no, but then again she isn't one of my 5 freebies either, so I'd have to say no or I'd get in big trouble. However she doesn't have the Cersei vibe about her IMO. So as great an actor as she is, casting her as Cersei would get the thumbs down from me. She'd be a Brienne candidate though, since she can do masculine looks, she's got the height and athleticism, and while she can be hawt, she can easily be hit with the ugly stick too. I think she'd only do Brienne if she was a particular fan of the series.

None of the other actresses mentioned thus far really light my fire either.

As for the Big Ben clue could it be as simple as her mother is not English? A bit obvious I suppose but it is a possible interpretation of said clue. Or her mother is English (and someone who is relatively famous) but no longer resides in England, stranger = estranged?

As for the Big Ben clue could it be as simple as her mother is not English? A bit obvious I suppose but it is a possible interpretation of said clue. Or her mother is English (and someone who is relatively famous) but no longer resides in England, stranger = estranged?

Yes, that was my first thought.

But what does it mean exactly?

Her mother is not english, her father and herself are, maybe?

Are we looking for some english actress with non-english mum?

Scarlett's very easy on the eyes but, IMO, she's a pretty mediocre actress so I'd hope not.

I can't find a way to make Sophia Myles to work based on the alleged Pat Moria connection, as I can't actually see one. Maybe those who suggest the connection has to do with a hair-removal wax commercial are right? Though I'm completely blanking on what major products are, and who they've had as spokepersons.

Archived