GoT Mafia Game 69

House Targaryen

Aim for the head. We should use alternative methods of dispatch, rather than just lynching, to be on the safe side.

Catching up on the thread, and this post really stuck out to me. Not sure why it bothers me, really just a gut reaction, but I don't like it. Kettleblack

People should remember to log in anonymously.

I'd like to get things moving. Obviously there are not 20 players. Just 2 days ago, the mods were looking for more players. So we have zombies, but how many. Also the rules say that "these roles are used" so we do have finder(s), guard(s) and healer(s), but could the guard(s) and/or the healer(s) be on the evil team?

People should remember to log in anonymously.

I'd like to get things moving. Obviously there are not 20 players. Just 2 days ago, the mods were looking for more players. So we have zombies, but how many. Also the rules say that "these roles are used" so we do have finder(s), guard(s) and healer(s), but could the guard(s) and/or the healer(s) be on the evil team?

Nice. An attempt to get things moving that offers absolutely nothing new that hasn't already been said apart from wondering if the baddies could have roles, Myre. Do you have any thoughts about what Targ's 'twist' to the game might be, apart from that there are more alts than players? Or do you think that's it?

As if I needed it.

I probably should read the intro blurb, but I'm lazy. Is that where you're getting your theories from? I guess it is plausible - i didn't reckon on 20 players for this game.

Luckily I've spent most of my life preparing for the zombie apocolypse, so I am naturally packing heat. Also I've been developing that smelly foot odour on my feet and laboratory tests show that zombies don't like the smell much, so I'm going to walk around barefoot. Other preparations have not gone as well as planned, and studies are showing that zombies don't really go for soy brains - not even the vegan ones. I've tried them myself, but they are a bit bland. I don't see the attraction of brains either. It's not like it is rare fillet or something.

A good technique for testing whether someone is a zombie or not is to strip them down to their consituent atoms. I guess the closest we have is voting someone off though. I think we should test this theory out on House Plumm. Normally I'd suggest a reason here.

House Royce. The over prepared uber zombie nerd would have to be the first person who fell to the horde, surely.

I'm pretty certain you're all right about the twist. There are definitely too many players in this game.

Still quite quiet in here, I thought there would have been more posts in the meantime, possible support for the multiple-alts theory? Though I'm not entirely convinced by this yet; I was a late sign-up following a nice PM from Lany, so there may be others, and this multiple-alt suggestion might be a smokescreen. I don't know if we'll be finding out alt identities at death (mods?) so we have no way of telling for sure until we get more than one dead player with the same puppet master. I remain slightly sceptical.

Not much to build a case on yet, so I'd rather start by voting off one of the players who hasn't posted yet, to clear the deck a bit. At the moment it's between Greyjoy, Dondarrion, Martell and Piper, so Greyjoy gets the first vote. What is dead can never die, hm?

Well, I have troubles to believe that we have more than 12-14 actual players in this game. On the other side, I also have troubles to believe that there is evil voting block of 8-10 houses, it would be awful. So, possibilities: we might have some zombies controlled by good players; or we might have some non-controlled zombies, who aren't supposed to post at all; or we might have some zombies controlled by mods; or some combo of above.

In first variant, I'd suggest good controllers to confess ASAP.

And either way I suppose we should lynch a low poster today. Preferably non-poster.

Since Greyjoy is voted already, Piper.

If there are multiple alts (likely) how would they work? Rules say the Red Priests (FM) and the zombies they control - if they get extra alts, do they also get extra votes? I can't see where that wouldn't be over powered.

If they don't get votes, then it would be fairly easy to flush them out, no? Right now I am assuming the FM have the extra alts. I know I don't have a zombie minion at my beck and call.

If there are no zombie alts and we really do have 20 players signed up, then where do the zombies come into it? Not a cult game, so conversion is out. If a player is killed at night, it's possible the FM get control of their alt, but that is verging on cultness and is shockingly close to Faceless Man skin changing, so again, I think it unlikely.

I guess I believe there are extra zombie minions among us already, so this brings us back to my original question - will zombie alts get votes?

Plumm has come up with some scenarios I didn't come up with in my first go-around. I don't think we would have good-zombies as I stated above (Red Priests and the zombies they control). Could be mod-controlled, so then they shouldn't be able to vote either. If they are mod controlled, there shouldn't be much interaction at all, actually. Be too hard not to influence the game.

If there are zombies who don't post at all, well, I don't get what the purpose of that would be, but put that possibility on the list I guess.

Well, I have troubles to believe that we have more than 12-14 actual players in this game. On the other side, I also have troubles to believe that there is evil voting block of 8-10 houses, it would be awful. So, possibilities: we might have some zombies controlled by good players; or we might have some non-controlled zombies, who aren't supposed to post at all; or we might have some zombies controlled by mods; or some combo of above.

In first variant, I'd suggest good controllers to confess ASAP.

And either way I suppose we should lynch a low poster today. Preferably non-poster.

Since Greyjoy is voted already, Piper.

I think think this is a bit hasty, Plumm. The game has barely started so it's hard to judge who is a low poster and who is a spammer. And wouldn't a non-poster be modkilled?

The mods told us there is a little twist in this game. I wonder where we can find the clues. One thing that catched my eye is that most roles have been used in plural. And Myre was right that the description says that they'e all used. There is no CF, so we have more than one finder. Maybe even three? Since there were only three potential innocent roles given, my guess is that they're all used for the innocent faction - which speaks for an early finder reveal IMO. The finder/healer combo is our most useful tool after all.

edit:

claryfication

You know this for sure? What if one of the conditions of the zombie alt (if used) is that they can't vote. If they can, then the Red Priests have a huge advantage in the voting block.

I'm also wondering if a zombie alt would show up as guilty or innocent or zombie.

Assuming there are zombie alts, which seems likely, but is not for sure.

Archived