Belfast signing 3rd November

Silverstar

We could do that, but we were having people hotlinking the heraldry for avatars. That's how we initially had it, in fact, allowing hotlinking from the domain. But it was problematic. Someone getting the brillaint idea to use one of those 2 megabyte maps as an avatar would suck mightily. ;)

I was hoping to see if there's any reports trickling in from the moot, but won't wait for more than a couple of hours. One's of Alfie with Maisie and a slightly blurry Richard Madden, and the other's just a shot of the line winding along the aisles.

Still no estimate of how many people showed up for the signing, eh?

You need to copy and paste the link. We don't allow hotlinking I'm afraid (way too many people using that to hotlink our heraldry and running up the bandwidth usage). It's the third image here.

I looked at the pic. Thanks, Ran and Halfhand. LOL, its pretty easy to guess which mom belongs to which kid, based on hair color!

I think that the parents were at the signing and at the moot too. I know that Maisie's Dad was there, and he is also reading the series.

Not sure how many came to the signing, i'd say about 100, but its hard to judge. George did say that he was pleased with the turn out overall and wondered if the Dublin moot could beat it!!

Okay, here is our post with the other two images we have from Parris so far, plus a link the Belfast Telegraph article Halfhand's pointed out with some comments from GRRM. :)

That photo of Alfie and Maise is truly wonderful and, I think, bound to become iconic. Awesome shot, Parris!

And I like that George is called a 'sci-fi guru' in that article you posted, Ran. It's a nice touch.

Can't wait to hear the moot reports!

Man, he must be constantly cringing as he reads the Arya chapters.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I wonder if they were at least warned about what Seasons 2 & 3 would entail for her character.

A bleary good morning from me. No proper report as I've just woken up and am drinking my first coffee of the day, but a quick stop by!

The moot was absolutely awesome. I overuse that word, but it was. Richard, Ron, Esme, Maisie and Sophie showed up, and happily mingled with us for ages. Julia also turned up, and was one of the last to leave.

I spent a lot of time chatting to Maisie and Sophie's mums, who are very lovely (hello Maisie's mum! hello Sophie's mum! I know you're probably reading this!). Maisie and Sophie actually act like sisters, and get on so well - absolutely adorable. Richard came up to them as they were leaving to say goodbye to his 'little sisters'. Also very cute!

Esme is gorgeous, very tall, and makes me look like a dumpy dwarf in the photo I have of me with her.

Richard ... is going to have half the female population swooning after him. Lovely, lovely guy, and I have photos of me with him first! So they're going in the safe for boasting purposes once he's a huge star.

Ron is just a sweetheart. Chatted to us for ages about GoT, and about other work he's done. He's so enthusiastic about it all.

In fact, all the cast are just wonderful. Really friendly, really enthusiastic, and seem appreciative of us all. I think most of them weren't quite sure what to expect from us lot, but I think we behaved ourselves and left a good impression. They're all honourary BwB members now, whether they like it or not!

Didn't actually find out much real info about the shoot at all, because we were having far too good a time just getting to know everyone. Sorry!

More later, with pics, when I'm awake.

The moot was absolutely awesome. I overuse that word, but it was. Richard, Ron, Esme, Maisie and Sophie showed up, and happily mingled with us for ages. Julia also turned up, and was one of the last to leave.

Wow, amazing. It must be akin to going down to New Zeland and hanging out with the hobbit actors before LotR.

I didn't think I'd be envious, but now I feel like I missed the chance of a lifetime. Alas, schedules.

Silverstar Q: out of all the actors there, who seemed most at ease about it all and who seemed the most uncomfortable? Did one personality seem to stand out?

ETA: Rimmer! I see you lurking! Aren't you supposed to be Stark-ing? We want more tales!

Sorry I didn't make it in the end. I just couldn't get away in time for there to be any real point.

I was even in my car, with the ignition on when I looked at the clock: 7:30pm.

Even if I'd gone to Belfast and immediately turned right around and come home, it would have been 11:30pm by the time I got home.

And on a work-night, with no more annual leave to take (oh, I do so wish the signings had been announced just a few weeks earlier) it really didn't make any sense for the time I would have had there.

Richard ... is going to have half the female population swooning after him.

Then he is perfect for Robb Stark :)

Ron is just a sweetheart. Chatted to us for ages about GoT, and about other work he's done. He's so enthusiastic about it all.

The geek in me really loves this.

Silverstar Q: out of all the actors there, who seemed most at ease about it all and who seemed the most uncomfortable? Did one personality seem to stand out?

They all seemed pretty much at ease, to be honest. I'd say Kit was probably the least comfortable yesterday, but I think he was completely exhausted after some really long shooting days this week. Really sweet for him to show up at all, really. Alfie was lovely, but didn't make it to the moot as he apparently was hungover, from what I was told. Rory McCann stopped by at the signing very, very briefly, but I totally missed that he was there, unfortunately. Richard, Ron, Maisie and Sophie were all massively friendly and lovely.

Then he is perfect for Robb Stark

I'm swooning already, poor guy.

They all seemed pretty much at ease, to be honest.

Did you get the sense that most had perused (if not read) the books? Were the girls deemed too young for them? And was anybody taking the method-acting route and refusing to read them so as to keep it a surprise?

Yes, I know, questions, questions, questions.

Maisie and Sophie's parents are reading the books, and giving them a summarised version, apparently. Maisie's stepdad has read all of them, and both their mums are somewhere around ACoK, from what I recall.

Ron devoured all four within a month and is waiting impatiently for ADwD along with the rest of us now. He thinks they're wonderful.

Kit I think is up to AFFC. Alfie is starting ACoK. Can't remember about Richard, but he'd definitely read at least AGoT.

Archived