Dragon Age: Origins: Thread III [some SPOILERS]

Tobin

Tobin, there's a ton and a half of them posted on swooping_is_bad over on livejournal.

So, when's the next AA meeting anyway? I totally need to be there.

What's that link again? I seem to be failing teh internetz this morning, :(

I think the 2/3am gaming sessions are catching up with me...

I'm going to be purposefully vague in order to avoid spoiler tags, but I just wanted to say that...

When I was in Orzamar's deep roads (my fourth and final of the 4 territories) and fought the boss blob, I'm sad to say that I switched it to Easy difficulty. Man it made all the difference in the world, but I am still disgusted with myself nonetheless.

I switched it back up to normal afterwards, but I still feel like I cheated. Though from what I hear me playing without Shale is a marked disadvantage, and I feel like my 2nd play through I'll make much more intelligent ability choices and a straight normal playthough should be much more trivial.

Heres to fulfilled ancient treaties! :cheers:

I just fought my first dragon. That goddamn thing literally hops around the battlefield, which makes it impossible to melee and, what's worse, when it lands near a character that character takes humongous damage (two hops killed half my party).

So yeah, I decided not to fight that after all.

That happened to me too. I walked into this cavern looking thing and all of a sudden I was on fire yelling "OH GOD MY FACE WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FACE". Ten tries later I decided to save that encounter for when I'd gotten a little bit more bad-ass.

That happened to me too. I walked into this cavern looking thing and all of a sudden I was on fire yelling "OH GOD MY FACE WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FACE". Ten tries later I decided to save that encounter for when I'd gotten a little bit more bad-ass.

Same happened to me - it was over before I could say: "Oh shit - DRAG--", :owned:

My rogue also sucks for finding traps. Leliana can spot them from across the room, but Rhea could practically stand on a pressure plate and not see it, :dunce: .

You know, that actually makes me curious -

We already asked what people named their dogs - what are your character names, if you don't mind sharing?

Mine

Mage: Saris (Dog: BigWig)

Rogue: Rhea (Dog: Hikage)

I'm going to be purposefully vague in order to avoid spoiler tags, but I just wanted to say that...

When I was in Orzamar's deep roads (my fourth and final of the 4 territories) and fought the boss blob, I'm sad to say that I switched it to Easy difficulty. Man it made all the difference in the world, but I am still disgusted with myself nonetheless.

I switched it back up to normal afterwards, but I still feel like I cheated. Though from what I hear me playing without Shale is a marked disadvantage, and I feel like my 2nd play through I'll make much more intelligent ability choices and a straight normal playthough should be much more trivial.

Heres to fulfilled ancient treaties! :cheers:

That battle is actually one of the more easy ones if you just stay at range and focus fire on each.... protrusion as they come up and then CoC and shatter the darkspawn. Just don't go anywhere near the Blob. I haven't actually used Shale either, but I can't see why he'd make things easier. MAges already make things incredibly easy.

Okay, so I'm in the Circle Tower. Would someone mind explaining why the hell
SPOILER: circle tower, first level
there are random explosions all the time?

SPOILER: circle tower, first level
Demons and abominations explode couple of seconds after they die.

When I was in Orzamar's deep roads (my fourth and final of the 4 territories) and fought the boss blob, I'm sad to say that I switched it to Easy difficulty. Man it made all the difference in the world, but I am still disgusted with myself nonetheless

I actually found that to be one of the easier boss fights, the main blob itself doesn't hit that hard, most of the damage comes from the limbs, and if you whack them down a fair amount they disappear. The dragon fights however for the most part are just insane, through the hardest one apart from the High Dragon I actually think is the couple of 2-3 Drake fights you get fighting towards the High Dragon, generally coming out of ambush, hit fairly hard and have overpower.

My doggie for my mage is where I'm hoping I got the name correct. I called my mage Taena and called the dog Russel (That is Taena Merryweathers sons name right)

That battle is actually one of the more easy ones if you just stay at range and focus fire on each.... protrusion as they come up and then CoC and shatter the darkspawn. Just don't go anywhere near the Blob. I haven't actually used Shale either, but I can't see why he'd make things easier. MAges already make things incredibly easy.

I haven't found Shale yet.

I three mage'd that fight: Wynne kept us breathing while, Morri and I stacked fire and ice storms centered on the blob and kept Alistair hacking at the tentacles.

It took two tries after I saw how the fight went. I pulled back to max range and it kept a few of the adds that spawn behind her from coming until it was all over.

Do I buy this game for the PC?

Loved KOTOR, and Mass Effect.

I'm one of the few people that disliked Baldur's Gate... I HATED the combat system. I'm sure the story of Dragon Age is awesome but also it looks like the combat is very much like BG? Yes or no?

Archived