Octocon 2010: Dublin, 16-17 October

with ryanair especially, keep checking it out occassionally, you have a good chance of getting a ticket for 0.01 euro :)

Yeah, Ryanair will still get you with the tax, but all in all it never really costs too much.

I hate starting to look forward to these things when they're still an obscene amount of time away.

Yes,... I saw what you did there. :crying:

Aww... *hug*. Will be happy to see you too! Just very excited about M and dT, because I really wasn't sure how likely they were to make it from Greece.

I've bought my membership and will keep an eye on airline sales. What is the easiest way to get from Birmingham or London to Dublin, does anyone know? seat61.com has deals for about GB£30 each way by train, but I likely won't have a spare day or so of time for that.

Ok. I have to be the smary guy that responds to this. :P You can buy train tickets from London to Dublin???

But yes, Ryanair or Aer Lingus would be your two main options when flying from London/Birmingham to Dublin. Easyjet don't fly to this part of Ireland. But there are a ton of airports you can fly from. London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Stansted, Luton and Birmingham. I think East Midlands airport is around the greater Birmingham area also. Ryanair flies from every airport listed except Heathrow. Aer Lingus flies from Heathrow, Gatwick and Birmingham. With all that, you should be able to find a decent fare.

If you are not aware of them though, Ryanair can be cheap but you need to be careful. They can mess you up with some of their conditions. Baggage fees is a speciality.

Aww... *hug*. Will be happy to see you too! Just very excited about M and dT, because I really wasn't sure how likely they were to make it from Greece.

Barring unforeseen circumstances we'll do what it takes to get there. I already told my boss about it (in the instance that she "decides to retain my services for next year"). Looking forward to seeing those we've met already again and those we haven't met for the first time.

Ok. I have to be the smary guy that responds to this. :P You can buy train tickets from London to Dublin???

Yes, and they even throw in a wetsuit! :P (No, the ferry is included and I love ferries.) Thanks for the airline pointers.

eta: seems those train fares are good for starting anywhere in Britain to get to Dublin. I do love trains.

Sounds like we have a plan, alhough I can not gaurantee I am 100% certain I'm comming. October is several months away and cercumstances may change.

Besides If I'm ever manage to set you up with my Bro then it will be a lot easier if we've good enough friends to share a room, he won't be so suspicious.

We need a list on page 1. I'll fix it. :)

ETA - anyone in the wrong category just give me a shout.

Thanks, mormont. :) The Things are "possibles" (doesn't that frighten you :P), but not worth adding until they qualify as "definite".

Archived