Logging In

The Pale Griffin

Hi!

I'm new here, also. I've been stalking around for some months ^^ but yesterday I registered, and logged for the first. And, I cannot enter the wiki. I've tried several times, for no good.

And, it's a pity, I've translated to spanish, and improved, the Timeline of Major Events (I'm spaniard, btw)

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Timeline_of_major_events

I'd like a lot to post it in the wiki. Could you help me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I am having the same issue. I joined this forum yesterday, received the acknowledgment, and when I tried to log in to the wiki, received the message "Login error

There is no user by the name "volund". Check your spelling."

One of the artists who granted us permission to show his art said that he could not see any images. (He thought we had already removed them).

To see what causes this I have tried to "recreate" this (logging out / clearing the cache and so on) but it works fine for me. Does anybody have a similar experience?

I had turned off the IPB_Wiki authentication a couple of weeks ago because it was contributing to our very high traffic load. However, have now re-enabled it, so logging into the wiki should now work for those new members who have tried to log in to the wiki for the first time.

I'm having trouble logging in as well, just on the Wiki page. The error message is: There is no user by the name "Ishuäl". Check your spelling. Could the Umlaut (ä) be the problem? Thanks for fixing, I do like correcting typos ;)

I'm afraid I had to turn off the interface again, until I can figure out how to reduce the unnecessary server load that turning it on causes. Hang tight, hope to have a solution in the next few days.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies, folks. Besides the slow-to-resolve problem of the bridge causing a lot of unnecessary overhead, with the phobia about spoilers and all I feel it's safest if I keep the new logins closed until after the 12th, just to make sure no trolls decide to deface the wiki with spoilers.

So, please hang tight for another week or so. :)

Archived