Logging In

The Pale Griffin

Hi all,

I searched this forum and found only a few passing comments about how to log in. I have attempted using my name and password from this site, but I continue to be rejected. I have worked on other sites like this on, including wikipedia and sometimes an invite is needed and I was wondering if that was the case for this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I helped build the Malazan one for a while, before life got a little hectic and as previously stated, I did wikipedia for a while. I have always wanted to work on one of these but I saw Tower of the Hand and decided against copying them.

Looking forward to working with you,

The Pale Griffin

Guest Other-in-law

I was able to log on yesterday for the first time, after sending the email to get a temporary password, which I promptly changed. However I am unable to log in today; when I type in what I think is my password it just acts like I never logged in at all, but when I type in something else I get an "incorrect password" message.

The question i was going to ask was how to edit the geneology charts? Some have typos or other errors; for instance mace Tyrell's father is listed as "Luthor Longturn", where it should be just Luthor. Leo 'Longthorn', on the other hand, was a different person altogether...he was the lord back in the days of Duncan the Tall's youth.

The question i was going to ask was how to edit the geneology charts? Some have typos or other errors; for instance mace Tyrell's father is listed as "Luthor Longturn", where it should be just Luthor. Leo 'Longthorn', on the other hand, was a different person altogether...he was the lord back in the days of Duncan the Tall's youth.

Genealogic tree are made in a separated template, so you have not to type it on each article you want it to appear. Yout juste have to type "{{Tyrell tree}} to make it appear. So you have to modify the template here : http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Template:Tyrell_tree

Hrm... I have no idea how to fix that at the moment, OiL, but I shall look into it. My one suggestion is to try your board password for logging in. You may also want to clear out your cookies. Then log into the forum, and then go over to the wiki again and see if that works.

I had to remove the IPB-Wiki bridging capacity for a long while, because it was not working with PHP 5.3. But we downgraded a little bit, and I tried it again, and now it ought to be working (PG says he's been able to log in). The bridge basically is supposed to make it so that your account on the forum is also your account on the Wiki. I think restoring it may also help fix a problem that Evrach mentioned to me previously, something about certain templates aren't being read when viewed as a guest -- never saw an example of that, so I can't confirm whether it's fixed or not.

Guest Other-in-law

My log in works now, too. Now I'm not sure if I was mistaken about not being logged in earlier, or if it was just that I wasn't able to edit the tree because I was going about it the wrong way. :(

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

I am new to Westeros (which I absolutely LOVE by the way!). I signed up for an account yesterday and validated it. Then today I got the email that my new registration request was accepted. I can sign in to the forums (obviously). But I can't sign in to the wiki. When I enter 'jdvelasc' as my user name, whether I enter a password or request it be emailed to me, I get back 'no user by that name, check your spelling'. How can I start making contributions?

Thanks

jdvelasc,

I'm going to look into this. Unfortunately we have some issues with the IPB-Wiki bridge again and I had to turn it off. But I'll see if there's something I can do manually as a workaround.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any luck on fixing the log in issue? I still cannot log in. Should I try creating a new account on the boards and see if that lets me log in?

Sometimes I can't login directly to the wiki but if I login first to the forum it works. Have you tried that?

Archived