How I Met Your Mother 2

Jaxom 1974

I had no idea the other thread had topped 400 and had been locked. Wow.

Last night: Barney's perfect week. Jim Nance. Pure awesome.

And why did it work? As a stand alone Barney episode, the others had their "B" story just working about on the fringes of what Barney was doing. Sure it told us zero about the Mother, but that's okay this time. I enjoyed the whole Jim Nance interview idea and attributing the whole concept of the perfect week against the superstitions of a perfect game in baseball. One season as a Yankee and Nick Swisher just reaps the side benefits. Though that guy's nuts, so it kinda fit. I mean, I'd've hated to have seen Jeter in that role...best line of the night? Jim Nance, "If it's one thing I've learned, never open an e-mail from Phil Simms in front of your kids..."

I had no idea the other thread had topped 400 and had been locked. Wow.

Last night: Barney's perfect week. Jim Nance. Pure awesome.

And why did it work? As a stand alone Barney episode, the others had their "B" story just working about on the fringes of what Barney was doing. Sure it told us zero about the Mother, but that's okay this time. I enjoyed the whole Jim Nance interview idea and attributing the whole concept of the perfect week against the superstitions of a perfect game in baseball. One season as a Yankee and Nick Swisher just reaps the side benefits. Though that guy's nuts, so it kinda fit. I mean, I'd've hated to have seen Jeter in that role...best line of the night? Jim Nance, "If it's one thing I've learned, never open an e-mail from Phil Simms in front of your kids..."

I loved this episode. Marshall's "I have to go to a hospital. NOW." line was great, Jim Nance was full of win, all the sports analogies were just perfect. My favorite Jim Nance moment was when Marshall said "Maybe there is no such thing as a jinx" and they flash to him kicking his chair over angrily. :lol:

However, best line of the night was OlderTed's, "Am I a bad dad?" Cuz you know we've all commented on the types of stories he tells the kids, and how they aren't appropriate. It was just perfect.

Haven't caught any of the latest seasons yet, but on the weekend I was a bit bored and ended up watching some of the commentary for season 3 episodes. Jason Segel and one of the show's writers do the commentary for the "Chain of Screaming" ep and it's hilarious. Segel shows up drunk, and proceeds to spend the next half hour hitting on the (male) writer.

He also brings his driver in with him to help with the commentary, and then "fires" the guy for when he tries to give a shoutout to his girlfriend.

Haven't caught any of the latest seasons yet, but on the weekend I was a bit bored and ended up watching some of the commentary for season 3 episodes. Jason Segel and one of the show's writers do the commentary for the "Chain of Screaming" ep and it's hilarious. Segel shows up drunk, and proceeds to spend the next half hour hitting on the (male) writer.

He also brings his driver in with him to help with the commentary, and then "fires" the guy for when he tries to give a shoutout to his girlfriend.

How fantastic is that commentary, Braids? His whole "How many condoms are on the table NOW?" combined with "So you went to see me in Forgetting Sarah Marshall alone, without your wife - after I explicitly said I was naked in it - makes me think you want me too" spiel was legendary. Funniest commentary I've heard in a long time. I love how the other peeps doing commentary on other episodes were talking about Segal's commentary, too. He really does go all out for his comedy. (Did I mention how much I have a crush on him?) :P

How fantastic is that commentary, Braids? His whole "How many condoms are on the table NOW?" combined with "So you went to see me in Forgetting Sarah Marshall alone, without your wife - after I explicitly said I was naked in it - makes me think you want me too" spiel was legendary. Funniest commentary I've heard in a long time. I love how the other peeps doing commentary on other episodes were talking about Segal's commentary, too. He really does go all out for his comedy. (Did I mention how much I have a crush on him?) :P

Gotta admit I need to watch those commentaries...I need to rectify that soon...

I actually wish I'd gotten a chance to write donw the number on Barney's sign during the Superbowl...the number on the sign shown during the episode was different...

I called it. It was a recording of him, saying we should meet up at the bar on October 12th, 2016. Pretty funny. I love how they incorporated that into the episode last night.

Stellar episode all around. The duck/rabbit fight was pretty f-ing legendary. And a naked man callback? Does it get any better than that?

I called it. It was a recording of him, saying we should meet up at the bar on October 12th, 2016. Pretty funny. I love how they incorporated that into the episode last night.

Stellar episode all around. The duck/rabbit fight was pretty f-ing legendary. And a naked man callback? Does it get any better than that?

That's awesome. I knew it would be something along those lines.

And the other stuff you say? That's awesome too. :)

• 3 weeks later...

This episode was full of win. I squeed at the teacup pig (the music that played whenever Lily looked into it's face had me rolling). Barney's whole "evolution of hot-woman professions" schtick was amazing (and TRUE). Anytime Scooter comes back is awesome to me - the fact that Marshall thought "Lunch-Lady Scooter" was a mart cart of sorts for lunch ladies still has me laughing. Loved FutureTed's comments to Ted. Loved Robin's comment to Barney "Nope, no guys here, just the latest woman you dated."

This is one of those "I liked the B-plot better than the A-plot," but it's a subject matter that rings quite true. I have both hooked and been hooked. The writing was firing on all cylinders, too. Just a fun, fun episode.

(Waiting for the grumbles about "This has nothing to do with the overall plot.")

This is one of those "I liked the B-plot better than the A-plot," but it's a subject matter that rings quite true. I have both hooked and been hooked. The writing was firing on all cylinders, too. Just a fun, fun episode.

Aye, thought the exact same thing. Both my roommate and I enjoyed the episode. Afterward, he was commenting on how they are quite good at locking in to mid-to-late-twenty-somethings phenomena, like getting "hooked."

This episode was full of win. I squeed at the teacup pig (the music that played whenever Lily looked into it's face had me rolling). Barney's whole "evolution of hot-woman professions" schtick was amazing (and TRUE). Anytime Scooter comes back is awesome to me - the fact that Marshall thought "Lunch-Lady Scooter" was a mart cart of sorts for lunch ladies still has me laughing. Loved FutureTed's comments to Ted. Loved Robin's comment to Barney "Nope, no guys here, just the latest woman you dated."

(Waiting for the grumbles about "This has nothing to do with the overall plot.")

You didn't think Ted's librarian wasn't going to be the mother? :P

Plot-Schmott...besides, they've got all of NEXT season for that, right? I'm pretty certain that the show's been picked up already...

Archived