Game 71.5

DJDonegal

My gut is telling me to vote for Spidey over Gert. Gert's removed vote is slightly bothersome, but people do that sometimes. I never quite understood why anyone would remove a vote unless the person is about to be lynched and you've changed your mind. Nevertheless, innocent people do it, and it does not seem to be a scumtell beyond showing that the person is waffling and being perhaps excessively cautious. She sounds genuine to me as well.

There are a lot of observers. Are there other players willing to vote Spidey?

This seems more than a little convenient given that he is the primary alternative at this point. I would have expected some candour, perhaps some sign that he is aware of the opportunistic nature of his post. After he was called on it he seemed to acknowledge the point, but that's a little late, I feel.

Well, yes, I'm an alternative. Does that mean that I'm not allowed to vote and make cases while I am?

It's not like I started suspecting Gert after she got 4 votes. I was the first serious vote on her, and the first (alongside Malc) to start suspecting her, so I'm afraid I'm missing your point.

I'm here, and would be willing to vote for Gertrude if need be. Wouldn't really mind going to night either, I mostly agree with Gertrude that lynching such a high poster for such poor reasons makes for a bad start...

I would be okay with going to night as well. There seems to be too much opportunism in voting and too many people voting for reasons other than actual suspicion.

I would be okay with going to night as well. There seems to be too much opportunism in voting and too many people voting for reasons other than actual suspicion.

Yeah... I think I'm quite firmly in the night camp. I'd also like to add that wrong lynches hurt us slightly more in a CFless game because they reduce the FMs finder hunting pool. If the FM get the finder before they can reveal it usually means game over.

I don't think losing either Gert or Spidey over the suspicions that have been cast so far is better than simply going to night.

It is day 1.

12 players remain: Chairman Meow, Gertrude, Kat, LCOTNW, Lany Cassandra, Mentat, Mina Martell, Pebble That Hides, Piper of Chaos, Ser Spidey, Sir Thursday, TheMalcolm.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

5 votes for Gertrude (Mina Martell, Pebble That Hides, Ser Spidey, TheMalcolm, Chairman Meow)

5 votes for Ser Spidey (Sir Thursday, Lany Cassandra, Piper of Chaos, Gertrude, LCOTNW)

1 vote for Chairman Meow (Kat)

1 vote for LCOTNW (Mentat)

Well, yes, I'm an alternative. Does that mean that I'm not allowed to vote and make cases while I am?

It's not like I started suspecting Gert after she got 4 votes. I was the first serious vote on her, and the first (alongside Malc) to start suspecting her, so I'm afraid I'm missing your point.

Not at all, but I'd expect some preface along the lines of "I know this looks opportunistic, but...". Like it or not, a pertinent fact at the time was that you had 4 votes, and she was second highest, with two votes on her and suspicious noises being made from elsewhere.

I don't think I am in favor of night. Yes, it helps the FM narrow the finder pool by a small amount, but it is also infomation that can potentially be used later in the game. I know I said my lynch would be pointless (and it would be!) but really, any information is better than none. It also helps the finder by reducing the pool of people they have to check. For example, if one of Spidey or me are lynched, the finder can check the other (if he feels it's neccessary) and move on. Otherwise he might have to use 2 investigations to get to the bottom of it if this drags on.

I am okay with a lynch or no lynch. Others will have to decide. I don't feel right voting Gert over Spidey and I don't feel strongly enough about going to night to remove my vote.

I define wishy-washy.

thank you for your support.

I'd prefer to avoid going to night if we can help it. Lynches act as seeding points for further discussion - they force people to move on and consider new options. Without them, there is a tendency to stagnate in the same thought patterns, and if those thought patterns aren't the right ones, then things will go badly. Plus, at a fundamental level, it's one more choice we get to make, and one less that is made by NKs. Better to come to a decision while we're still in a non-critical position to do so, says I.

Pebbles: why not?

Well, you wanted to vote for her simply because she was a low poster. Then she came back to the thread and made actual contributions. That should have changed your mind.

Personally, I think Pebble is coming across as very innocent. But then again, I also think mentat comes across as very innocent and relaxed, and no one seems to agree with me.

I don't know. I'm getting such mixed vibes from Gert now. Some parts sound genuine, but others (like the "they'd accuse me of being wishy-washy and you know it") are a bit over-the-top...and she'll kill me if I say that I know she's a good actress, but...isn't she the one who agreed that good players are no less likely to make mistakes, just better at recovering from them?

Ugh. I hate not having a CF.

Pebble, in the last finder game, weren't you pushing for us to go to night? What caused the turnaround.

I don't know if there's time for me to write a timeline of pages 5-8, but on a readthrough, I found the timing of Ser Spidey's Gert vote not particularly opportunistic. Opportunistic would have been voting for Lany.

Spidey, why did you throw out your Piper case?

Archived