Loras (UPDATE: Finn Jones Cast! see latest posts for more info)

JacMac30

Amongst those that has been mentioned in this thread I like Tom Sturridge and Rafi Gavron the most for Loras. Some other suggestions:

Gaspard Ulliel: A talented actor from France. His biggest role so far was as a young Hannibal Lector in Hannibal Rising

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2007/03/gaspard-ulliel-madrid-spain.jpg

Kevin Zegers

http://i26.tinypic.com/315kcva.jpg

What about Alan Hyde? He played Godric on True Blood season 2.

For some reason I haven't thought of him as a Loras candidate. He was one of my favorites suggestions for Robb and I think he could be good as Loras as well know when I think about it.

• 2 months later...

GRRM has confirmed that Finn Jones has been cast as Loras.

He goes on with a rather lengthy explanation that the leaked rumors were a bit premature, as the deal had not been finalized at that point for the role. He also says that 5 or 6 other roles have been cast, but the deals are not yet finalized, so we'll have to wait for that to happen before any more announcements will happen. (I would hope that means by next week, we are really in crunch time for costuming, rehearsals, etc. for a lot of this.)

He is a good choice. Not too old, not too young, and I can see teenage girls fawning over him.

AND

Spoiler:

Spoiler
Purely speculation based on what I've seen of him, but I think he'd show a good range of emotion when Renly dies, and would be able to reveal his love for Renly without explicitly saying that they were lovers, if the show decides to go the subtle route.

Well the hair is definitely perfect. I can't really judge from the clips I've seen since Loras' character is nothing like the other roles he's played. Loras is very sweet and proper, especially around Sansa. Then as we learn more about him, we see that he has a cocky side too. Finn Jones is attractive, though his features are not as delicate and girlish as I always imagined. He seems to be a good choice though.

Archived