GRRM in Chicago

Ran

Crapola. This is the first one of these things I've been psyched to go to - but I can't make it. Wife's going to be in Europe for 10 days, smack in the middle of this weekend, so I'll be home taking care of our daughter.

You guys have fun. But I'm coming to the next one within driving distance.

I'm closer to a "yes" -- is it okay if I bring a friend to said potential dinner? I think she's technically a board member, though of the lurking variety.

Of course, of course! The more the merrier. :)

I received an e-mail from George and Sunday evening will be the best time. He has a pretty busy weekend. So we are going to go with 8pm at the Greek Isles restaurant. We'll need to start getting a head count so we can make a reservation.

I'm going to be making a weekend of it, staying in Chicago and seeing all the geeky sights. There are also usually hotel suite parties at these cons in the evening thrown by various organizations. :)

Put me down for dinner on Sunday. I'll also be at the Friday night event.

If anyone wants to meet up outside of those times or needs info for planning their time in Chicago, just let me know. I live downtown so I'm around all weekend.

Treb, I'd love to be added to the Sunday night list. I can't make any of the con stuff due to previous plans, but sneaking into Chicago for some Greektown grub on a Sunday night is doable.

I've never met anyone from this board, so I'll wear my lucha libre mask to keep my secret identity a secret.

:ph34r:

:)

Well, it looks like I'm not going to make it to any of this. Just a combination of money and lousy timing for the weekend. Be sure to provide the rest of us with an in-depth report!

Since I'm not going, I was wondering if I could ask for a huge favor: would someone be willing to pick up the first issue of the Fevre Dream comic and mail it to me? I'll pay you back for the comic and for shipping.

Since I'm not going, I was wondering if I could ask for a huge favor: would someone be willing to pick up the first issue of the Fevre Dream comic and mail it to me?

I'm sure I can do this for you Ben. Sorry you won't be able to join us.

Okay, we have are on a "priority list" for Sunday, April 18th at 8pm at the Greek Isles. I called yesterday and they do not take reservations after 5pm on Sundays. They will be expecting us and will accomodate us accordingly. I checked with GRRM and he is okay with this. Counting up the up the yes people and the maybe's, I rounded it up 10. If we add more, I'll call back to change. :)

Put me down for dinner on Sunday. I'll also be at the Friday night event.

If anyone wants to meet up outside of those times or needs info for planning their time in Chicago, just let me know. I live downtown so I'm around all weekend.

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum, so forgive me if I muck it up a bit! I am planning on being in Chicago on Sunday to go to the con - I am bringing my daughter who is turning 20 and she is a HUGE George fan and has been for a long time! (My fault) It's a surprise and I am so happy that we can make it! We would LOVE to join for dinner! Can someone let me know what I need to do? I sure appreciate it! Thanks!

Okay, we have are on a "priority list" for Sunday, April 18th at 8pm at the Greek Isles. I called yesterday and they do not take reservations after 5pm on Sundays. They will be expecting us and will accomodate us accordingly. I checked with GRRM and he is okay with this. Counting up the up the yes people and the maybe's, I rounded it up 10. If we add more, I'll call back to change. :)

Please add 2 for me and my daughter, we'll be there!

okay, 2 added. Welcome to the fold, angel :)

Just keep watching this thread for any additional info over the next 2 weeks.

Thanks so much, my daughter is going to be very surprised for her birthday! Actually...she looks a whole lot like Dany, so it's rather cool...I can't wait to meet everyone!

Archived