casting

Namorath

they have cast alot of roles recently and i was just wondering what other big and/or important roles still need to be cast for season 1

Tywin Lannister

Lysa Arryn

Robert Arryn

Gendry Waters

the crazy witch dany deals with

who else?

they have cast alot of roles recently and i was just wondering what other big and/or important roles still need to be cast for season 1

Tywin Lannister

Lysa Arryn

Robert Arryn

Gendry Waters

the crazy witch dany deals with

who else?

Bronn, Shagga, Kevan Lannister, Renly Baratheon, Varys, Jeor Mormont, Maege Mormont, Greatjon Umber, Osha, Will (recasting for the reshooting of the pilot), Ser Vardis Egen, Brynden the Blackfish, Edmure Tully, Roose Bolton, Rickard Karstark, Beric Dondarrion, Thoros of Myr, Marillion, Mya Stone, Janos Slynt, Alliser Thorne and Aemon Targaryen.

Unfilled roles the production is confirmed to be casting for season one:

Alliser Thorne

Bronn

Doreah

Gendry

Grenn

Ser Ilyn Payne

Janos Slynt

Jeor Mormont

Jhogo

Lysa Arryn

Marillion

Mord

Mycah

Myrcella Baratheon

Old Nan

Osha

Pyp

Renly Baratheon

Rickon Stark

Septa Mordane

Shae

Shagga

Tobho Mott

Tommen Baratheon

Tywin Lannister

Varys

None of the other unfilled roles are confirmed to be casting.

None of the other unfilled roles are confirmed to be casting.

The one hopefully missing name there is Aemon. Hopefully he'll appear as he has one of my favourite scenes in aGoT. And connects Dany to the main plot. We'll see...

The one hopefully missing name there is Aemon. Hopefully he'll appear as he has one of my favourite scenes in aGoT. And connects Dany to the main plot. We'll see...

http://grrm.livejournal.com/164317.html

Maester Aemon is now confirmed to be cast or casting, along with Jon Arryn (flashback scene not in the book), Robert Arryn, Vardis Egen, and Yoren.

So probably the biggest unconfirmed name is now Brynden Tully. HBO have done an amazing job so far, casting way more people than I expected, and I do expect he'll follow shortly. He is not critical but Robb needs somebody to rely on once he goes to war. Besides, while people have been cast from all places in the book, there does seem to be a general tendency towards the beginning of the series. I imagine we'll see more people crop up who appear in the second half of the book over the coming weeks. (Tywin been the most obvious).

The biggie for me is Lord Tywin. We've been speculating for YEARS on him. He's a lesser yet EXTREMELY important character. I wanna see the stare that chills you and pins you to the wall!

My old favorite was Ed Harris. Don't think that is likey anymore. GRRM years ago said he could picture Kurtwood Smith. Others have mentioned Charles Dance. A newcomer could be Alan Dale. I think any of those guys could pull of the chilly Warden of the West.

I wonder if Beric will appear in Season 1.

He's certainly an interesting character, but only appears briefly in the first book.

I'm thinking no. Or at least, not in a speaking role. He isn't needed until the hoped for S3. If he does appear in S1, they can easily recast him, given how much he changes by aSoS.

Tywin will definitely be fun. :) After the pilot, there were 2 obvious roles that could attract a known actor. All the rest were likely to be relatively unknown. But Littlefinger and Tywin...

I wonder what's going on with Rickon, Tommen, and Myrcella. They can't really push their introductions back to later seasons like they can with other characters. Seems like they should need these roles filled by now, but we haven't heard anything. Are they just going to use extras to play these characters in the first season and recast them later?

I wonder what's going on with Rickon, Tommen, and Myrcella. They can't really push their introductions back to later seasons like they can with other characters.

Indeed. Because Rickon is so young, I could easily see him with no lines and been recast later. Chances are though that Tommen and Myrcella have been cast and we just haven't heard about it. Alternatively, they don't feature much in aGoT, so there maybe no great rush in casting them. Might not be required for a while (I barely remember them except for the opening chapters).

Archived