- R'hllorism: Is this a rather new (i.e. post-valyrian) religious movement? Maybe even syncretic in origin? From where does this belief system come from? And where is its center right now (we know there are Red Priests in most of the Free Cities, but none in Qarth, and the Slaver's Bay)? The question aims at the fact that there seem to be different sources for the Azor Ahai prophecy (scrolls in Asshai, and valyrian traditions), and especially the original valyrian religion seem to know no Lord of Light or Great Other.
- Details about Ned's mother (as Ran seems to know, we can know, too, I think).
- The name of Doran's mother, the Ruling Princess Martell. It is really stupid to refer to her as Doran's mother, as she has been mentioned a few times.
- The name of Walder Frey's father from TMK. I don't want to refer to him as 'Walder's father' or 'Lord Frey'.
- Redwyne Fleet: Details about how they get the permission to maintain such a strong naval force, and what they are actually doing with it during peace time?
- Florent stuff: Stannis' quote from the Prologue of ACoK seems to indicate that their strength lies at about 2,000 men. This seems to be too little for a principal house of the Reach, so might Stannis be wrong here?
And then, of course, my all-time Targaryen favorites:
- More details about this period of time. Who fought on what side? Who were the principal supporters of Aegon II and Rhaenyra? Who was Rhaenyra Targaryen's Prince Consort? Perhaps the Lord Velaryon who became Aegon's III Regent? On which side were Aegon's II younger siblings? Did they fight for him, or for their half-sister?
- Details about Rhaenyra Targaryen's death in the Dance of Dragons: How was it possible that Rhaenyra Targaryen death through the dragon of Aegon II is considered 'a traitor's death' when he son Aegon III (and Viserys II?) were present at that time? Their presence indicate that Rhaenyra's death was no execution, as it seems to be strange that Aegon II would not kill Rhaenyra's children as well. At that time in the war children most likely were no longer safe, and Aegon II needed to be sure that Rhaenyra's line was extinguished, if he wanted to be secure on the Iron Throne.
- What happened to Jaehaerys' II concealed arm? Was he disfigured since birth? Did Aerys II and Rhaella Targaryen have any siblings? Who Jaehaerys' II Queen?
Why was Viserys I not married to a Targaryen woman? Apparently he married two times outside his own family (an Arryn, and a Hightower), which either indicates a lack of suitable Targaryen women during his time - but this makes little sense, as the Targaryens had time to multiply during Jaehaerys' I long reign - or a change in Targaryen politics during the reign of Jaehaerys I/Viserys I. Was there a tendency away from incestuous marriages during this time?
- Is Lord Viserys Plumm a son of Princess Elaena Targaryen? And thus, was Princess Elaena once married to a Lord Plumm? Does Princess Elaena live at KL during the D&E stories, and is she (still) the de facto Master of Coin?
- Who is Daemon Blackfyre's wife?
- What happened to Rhaegel Targaryen and his sons? To whom is he married? [If one actually asks this question, one could ask if his wife likes him prancing around naked during the Red Keep ;-).]
- Are there still descendants of Daeron Targaryen (Daeron the Drunk) and Aerion Brightflame around? We know that both of them had children. If not, what happened to Daeron's daughter and Aerion's son?
Feel free to add more questions. And hopefully there are people out there who are going to ask these questions ;-).
Edited by Lord Varys, 21 August 2010 - 08:22 PM.