BWB Toronto

I went to the GOT exhibit at TIFF today and it's small but nice. There are actual banners from the show, sigils, costumes (Renly, Dany, Cersei, Cat, Jon, Mel), swords, a raven and samples of things like glassware and dishes used in the show. There's a line up for getting your picture taken sitting in the Throne, but I didn't have time to line up today. I will try to sneak in early one day to avoid the line. I also forgot to check what the charge is - they take the picture, so I assume there is a charge. The show is free.

I asked one of the TIFF workers if there were any overflow rooms planned for George's talk. She said she had sent an e-mail to the bosses suggested they open one of the theatres and broadcast the speech into the theatre, but she didn't know if they will or not. She said the tickets sold out in 2 days, so fast she hadn't even bought any for herself. George can't give a second speech because all his time is booked.

I went to the GOT exhibit at TIFF today and it's small but nice. There are actual banners from the show, sigils, costumes (Renly, Dany, Cersei, Cat, Jon, Mel), swords, a raven and samples of things like glassware and dishes used in the show. There's a line up for getting your picture taken sitting in the Throne, but I didn't have time to line up today. I will try to sneak in early one day to avoid the line. I also forgot to check what the charge is - they take the picture, so I assume there is a charge. The show is free.

I asked one of the TIFF workers if there were any overflow rooms planned for George's talk. She said she had sent an e-mail to the bosses suggested they open one of the theatres and broadcast the speech into the theatre, but she didn't know if they will or not. She said the tickets sold out in 2 days, so fast she hadn't even bought any for herself. George can't give a second speech because all his time is booked.

I was at the exhibition today and the photos on the throne are FREE! You get four poses and they give you a little print out with all four photos and then post them all to their facebook page so you can have a digital copy too!

Did anyone who visited the TIFF exhibition notice a competition being run by Astral TV? Actually I'm not sure if it's part of the full exhibition or just for those attending George's talk tomorrow. But I hear there is an awesome prize for two lucky winners up for grabs....

Fragile Bird - no sign up required, just posting on this forum makes you a member of the BWB :)

Haven't gone to the exhibit yet. Planning on grabbing tickets soon-ish. Just an FYI for anyone going to the signing tonight. People have already started queuing at the book store :eek:

Did anyone who visited the TIFF exhibition notice a competition being run by Astral TV? Actually I'm not sure if it's part of the full exhibition or just for those attending George's talk tomorrow. But I hear there is an awesome prize for two lucky winners up for grabs....

Fragile Bird - no sign up required, just posting on this forum makes you a member of the BWB :)

Forgot to look at the contest - probably because I never win anything! :crying:

Looking at the Titancon website makes me want to come to Belfast in September!

Last night GRRM said we could ask him one question when we were getting something signed, so make sure not to ask "Can I ask you a question" because that would be your question. I asked him how I could get a job at the production and he said it helps to be Irish. Made me very sad. I'd quit my job in a heart's beat (I mean, what would I rather do for my bucket list, "Run a marathon" or "Work on GOT")? :drunk:

Agreed, very long line. My friends and I joined the line around 5ish, when it had almost wrapped around back to bloor. We finally made it in to get our books signed at about 830 or so...although by then, it wasn't much of a signature :P

Agreed, very long line. My friends and I joined the line around 5ish, when it had almost wrapped around back to bloor. We finally made it in to get our books signed at about 830 or so...although by then, it wasn't much of a signature :P

Oh wow, I had nothing for him to sign last night and was planning on going again tonight, but not at 5.00! Am I ever glad I bought the hardcover ADWD for him to sign last night, Lol!

How was the side show - the entertainment that was supposed to be there?

Forgot to look at the contest - probably because I never win anything! :crying:

Looking at the Titancon website makes me want to come to Belfast in September!

Ah so the contest is on - the only thing I know about it is that the prize includes a holiday to Northern Ireland with tickets to TitanCon and our Game of Thrones Coach Tour - a prize worth winning for sure!

There may still be time to enter at the TIFF exhibition and you never know, somebody has to win - as they say it could be you. If not then maybe it is time to start planning a holiday for mid September....

Ah so the contest is on - the only thing I know about it is that the prize includes a holiday to Northern Ireland with tickets to TitanCon and our Game of Thrones Coach Tour - a prize worth winning for sure!

There may still be time to enter at the TIFF exhibition and you never know, somebody has to win - as they say it could be you. If not then maybe it is time to start planning a holiday for mid September....

Now I will definitely try to enter! Merci Monsieur Chevre de Montagne!

Anyone attending the TIFF exhibition should keep their eyes open for a notice board close to where you line up for the Iron Throne. In the middle of the board is s symbol to scan with your cell phone which will link you to an awesome contest being run by Astral TV.

Two lucky winners will win a holiday to Belfast, Northern Ireland (where they film Game of Thrones don't ya know) which includes membership to TitanCon 2012 and tickets for our Game of Thrones Coach Tour visiting various filming locations. An awesome prize well worth winning - so make sure you go enter and maybe I will see you at TitanCon in September!

Thanks to Fragile Bird for the information :)

Did the exhibit on Friday. It was ok. They didn't allow photography, had security guards all over the place. MG, your contest was definitely there. But not obvious at all. I was right next to the notice board twice before I realised what it was. It was a little off to the side, facing outwards from the exit of the exhibit. Took a photo of it for ya ;)

Did the exhibit on Friday. It was ok. They didn't allow photography, had security guards all over the place. MG, your contest was definitely there. But not obvious at all. I was right next to the notice board twice before I realised what it was. It was a little off to the side, facing outwards from the exit of the exhibit. Took a photo of it for ya ;)

Thank you :kiss:

Good luck to everyone who entered :)

If anyone is interested, we're meeting up for pints on 30 March around 8:00pm at the Imperial Pub. LRH is visiting from Austria :)

So far board-wise it'll be LRH, LoON, myself, and possible so's.

And will you be sitting at your table wearing a white shirt, a black hat and a red rose in your teeth? So if someone drops in they can find you?

Apologies. I'm lazy and they're both long member names for typing ;)

pic... i'm in the middle, red shirt. To make it easier, I'll wear the red shirt. Check for me upstairs in the library lounge or pm me for my mobile for texting :)

• 1 month later...

Archived