Sandor and Sansa

Dark Knight

What I meant to say was once people find out who she is they will want to use her for their own political advancement. Whoever, seizes her can get the marriage annulled and force her to marry whoever they want her to marry.

I understood that people would want to use her for their own gain. But it's not as if just anybody can get marriages annulled as they like.

Do we have any indication that it is really that easy to annul a marriage? Especially if the person requesting it is not the one married? Marriages can be set aside if not consummated, or if the woman proves barren. I don't think it would be easy or simple otherwise, especially if there are children from that marriage. Then it would be much simpler to kill the husband, and marry the widow. WHich is why she would need a strong husband, one who can deal with this situation.

I understood that people would want to use her for their own gain. But it's not as if just anybody can get marriages annulled as they like.

Do we have any indication that it is really that easy to annul a marriage? Especially if the person requesting it is not the one married? Marriages can be set aside if not consummated, or if the woman proves barren. I don't think it would be easy or simple otherwise, especially if there are children from that marriage. Then it would be much simpler to kill the husband, and marry the widow. WHich is why she would need a strong husband, one who can deal with this situation.

If you have a corrupt septon and enough cash and/or manpower, I get the impression that it is fairly simple to have a marriage annulled. (see: Tyrion and Tysha)

Archived