Mafia Game 74

House Targaryen

Tyrell: like I said before, I'm awesome at getting innocent reads from players who are under suspicion. It's my scum reads that suck. Thinking that five players out of twelve look innocent when there are nine other innocents in the game (assuming a symp) isn't that many.

Re: Reyne, again, it's mostly instinct. It's how he cleared Bracken for their banter, how active he's playing, the kind of observations he's making--it's really hard to explain (and some of it is against the rules for me to post). Even though I disagree with him sometimes (for example, on Stokeworth), his heart seems to be in the right place.

Famous last words.

That's so true. I've seen that happen before.

"Hmm. Who should we kill? The strong player who's onto us, the other strong player who's on to us, or the mediocre player whose suspicions are horribly off...BUT WHO JUST SAID SHE WAS REEVALUATING THEM! Well, better the devil you know." *stab*

Okay...yeah. Anyone up for either a last-minute vote swing to...anyone who isn't Connington or Stokeworth? Say, Baratheon? Martell? I think I now suspect Tyrell more than Grandison.

Because I think the Stokeworth wagon is ridiculous, and he's VPI for me; I don't believe he'd have acted like this as a killer. Those who genuinely think he's likely to be guilty (like Reyne), I understand. But if you're just voting him because he's a distraction, then that's a lazy cop-out to keep you from genuinely evaluating his behaviour and that of other players.

Tyrell, what changed between this:

For me it looks like Connington found the interaction between Bracken and my humble self weird and wanted to know if he was hunting ghosts or if someone else had the same feeling. SO he made a comment and wanted others to comment. I see no problem with that and I don't connect this with typical FM behaviour.

and this:

I'm inclined to vote for Connington as I have problems to see an innocent hop on case not knowing what it's exactly about.

Lively enough, I guess. Unfortunately, it also looks like it's going around in circles to me, or maybe that's just because I keep seeing Crakehall bugging Connington every few posts. :P

We had an extra long Day 1, and while I'm glad for the extra time, I don't think we need any more. Personally, it seems to me like like the inevitable Stokeworth or Connington lynch has dried up conversation rather than livened it up--it's only lively because we're all here and wanting to play. Which is great, but eh. I think we'd have better discussions if we moved on rather than waited around; it feels like we ought to be re-reading and making new cases with the help of a lynch train and CF results to analyze by now, not waffling around still.

That's also something I don't like. First you announce that you're back and that you're set on lynching Stokeworth, then you're eager to close the discussion because it's circling around Stokeworth and Connington.

Tyrell, what changed between this:

and this:

Connington's confession that he never looked for the symp clue, for example? After giving us the impression that he knew at least that?

I cant concentrate on the game for now since I have two final papers for these two courses I got. At the time I decided to pull that stunt I was hoping for a much better outcome, in relation to suspicious reactions I was expecting, but it looks like I wasnt successful enough. Still Im sticking to my vote since Connington's reaction in my opinion was the most suspicious one.

ETA: added 'for now' since I will have more time after the papers are done in case I survive.

Could you point to what you like about his posts? I'm getting the opposite feel - that he's not doing any work and is being overly agreeable.

I like this post where he is not overly agreeable. You're probably relying to his discussion with Reyne in which Reyne over-reacted whe Martell said he didn't play at his best. That makes me want to check Reyne's reaction to the Grandison-Stokeworth discussion. If he feels that bad about being attacked for playing sub-optimal, he should have sympathized with Stokeworth. Did he?

Martell could have easily accused Reyne of being overdefensive, but he didn't. Why not taking a chance like this to appear contributive?

Martell put some effort in his case against Connington. It's detailed and he even looked for the posting times. FM seldom feel the need to work that hard on day 1.

But then I thought Martell posted a lot more than he actually did. This is a point against him.

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Baratheon, Bracken, Connington, Crakehall, Grandison, Greyjoy, Martell, Reyne, Strokeworth, Swyft., Tyrell, Vyrwel, Wythers.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

7 votes for Strokeworth (Grandison, Wythers, Reyne, Connington, Baratheon, Bracken, Greyjoy)

4 votes for Connington (Martell, Strokeworth, Crakehall, Tyrell)

1 vote for Martell (Swyft.)

1 vote for Swyft. (Vyrwel)

Stokeworth has been lynched After searching his body you find a stash of Catnip. obvioulsy he was Not a Killer.

It is night send in your PM's if you have not allready done so.

Okay, here is Reyne's reaction:

:lol: Some people go both ways and are very happy. :P (smileys are often used to denote non-serious posts---anything to do with avs or the set up is generally just role playing and is not usually a good indicator of guilt...but some times...)

I've reread the posts between Stokeworth and Grandison and find they both seem to overreact. They take every comment they say to each other way out of porportion, but they don't carry this behavior to other players---only each other. That bothers me. It makes it look a bit deliberate.

As things stand now, I think they make for partners that are trying a little early distancing and would help lynch either of them.

We should lynch one of them and test this therory. Stokeworth

edit: how the hell did I get the wrong quote?

Now this sounds like, you know, pot and kettle?

ETA: wait, Stokeworth has been lynched? :tantrum:

Case:

you tried to set up Stokeworth as the day 1 lynch

Defense:

I did? I told him grow a pair and then I went to sleep. I must be one badass mastermind of an FM to set up Stokey so easily.

Well, I don't think mocking someone is the basis for more and better contribution. It certainly helps to make that player looking dumb and to force some kind of overeacting.

I can also add that you didn't post that much and that you're focused on Stokeworth and Martell mainly (but of course you're willing to vote for Connington if necessary). You didn't take too many risks. Taking risks makes the game more funny, you know?

I thought he was being oversensitive to people's opinions of his play, so I mocked him. Did I think he wasn't contributing enough and wanted more? Yeah, but also I wanted to see if I'd get a reaction, and I did. Here's the thing: I think scum that like to lie low, which I thought Stokeworth was, tend to startle if someone pokes at them. I don't think it made him look dumb, and that he overreacted is not my problem.

Would I really be that much more innocent a player if I told you I was suspicious of everyone? I only focused on Martell and then Stokeworth because I had something worth saying. I don't intend on wasting anyone's time by saying people are giving me bad vibes with anything to support it, and I definitely don't intend on letting the FMs know whom I trust.

That's also something I don't like. First you announce that you're back and that you're set on lynching Stokeworth, then you're eager to close the discussion because it's circling around Stokeworth and Connington.

There must've been something like six hours between when I voted Stokeworth and when I said the day ought to end. And between that time, barely anything new was discussed. I stand by what I said. We need to move on.

This was an annoying day.

Going to be off for a bit, but three guesses what the CF will be.

If you were that sure about Stokeworth, why didn't you at least try to join the alternative mob? Better to lynch someone who you're not that suspicious of than lynching the person that you're convinced of being innocent? <_<

I should really go, but...

Tyrell, had I been on the fence on Connington, I'd have voted for him. But I think he's innocent--and is probably more helpful than Stokeworth. I'd rather let a "distracting" player be lynched who everyone suspects anyway and rabidly refuses to STOP suspecting even when there's crucial evidence in his favour than lynch a player I trust.

That said...just watch. Connington will also be lynched tomorrow, because "Omigod, he's a distraction!"

This is irritating. I probably deserve some of the blame for not posting enough today, but I feel like no one actually listened to any of my arguments in his defence. Maybe I should have pretended to be super-suspicious of someone like Vyrwel or Baratheon or Tyrell and made a frame case on them just to push a lynch that would have at least narrowed the suspect pool for me.

Defense:

I did? I told him grow a pair and then I went to sleep. I must be one badass mastermind of an FM to set up Stokey so easily.

I thought he was being oversensitive to people's opinions of his play, so I mocked him. Did I think he wasn't contributing enough and wanted more? Yeah, but also I wanted to see if I'd get a reaction, and I did. Here's the thing: I think scum that like to lie low, which I thought Stokeworth was, tend to startle if someone pokes at them. I don't think it made him look dumb, and that he overreacted is not my problem.

It's not that hard for an experienced player to see which button to push to get certain reactions. Your attempt to get Stokeworth to contribute more has apparently failed. And it's not that Stokeworth did not contribute before, but that you thought that his contribution was crap and you were so kind to tell him that. I read your posts that your own opinion of Stokeworth's abilities to play this game was rather low. So, if that's the case and you thought that Stokeworth wasn't able to improve, then why did you ask him to play better? Why did you accuse him of using FM tactics when there was a good chance that this was just the way he played the game?

Would I really be that much more innocent a player if I told you I was suspicious of everyone? I only focused on Martell and then Stokeworth because I had something worth saying. I don't intend on wasting anyone's time by saying people are giving me bad vibes with anything to support it, and I definitely don't intend on letting the FMs know whom I trust.

There must've been something like six hours between when I voted Stokeworth and when I said the day ought to end. And between that time, barely anything new was discussed. I stand by what I said. We need to move on.

To quote yourself:

I think scum that like to lie low, which I thought you were, tend to startle if someone pokes at them. ;)

Btw, did you ever comment Connington's confession of feigning knowledge?

Archived