Mafia Game 74

House Targaryen

Either a symp or a truly reckless innocent then.

Tyrell, Swyft was not on the lynchtrain. He was, in fact, adamantly off it.

Me knows. What I meant is that he could have voted for Connington to avoid a Stokeworth lynch. But well, he already explained himself. Though I still have no clue how he can be so sure about Connington's innocence.

And now I also have to go.

I like this post where he is not overly agreeable. You're probably relying to his discussion with Reyne in which Reyne over-reacted whe Martell said he didn't play at his best.

I do actually like that post by Martell, so I can see that. Overall, however, I don't get a good feel. He was agreeable to Reyne, but he was also agreeable to me when I called him out on making an easy case on Connington. Perhaps it's just because it was personal, but it felt ooky.

This is irritating. I probably deserve some of the blame for not posting enough today, but I feel like no one actually listened to any of my arguments in his defence. Maybe I should have pretended to be super-suspicious of someone like Vyrwel or Baratheon or Tyrell and made a frame case on them just to push a lynch that would have at least narrowed the suspect pool for me.

Yeah, that's basically exactly what you should've done. We do have to lynch somebody, and if it's not going to be Stokeworth, it would've been Connington, and if not Connington then... well, no one. And we do want to lynch someone, so it's pretty necessary to provide an alternative if you want to keep someone off the chopping block.

It's not that hard for an experienced player to see which button to push to get certain reactions. Your attempt to get Stokeworth to contribute more has apparently failed. And it's not that Stokeworth did not contribute before, but that you thought that his contribution was crap and you were so kind to tell him that. I read your posts that your own opinion of Stokeworth's abilities to play this game was rather low. So, if that's the case and you thought that Stokeworth wasn't able to improve, then why did you ask him to play better? Why did you accuse him of using FM tactics when there was a good chance that this was just the way he played the game?

I'm an experienced player now? Very cool. :thumbsup:

You'd think that I'd tell someone their play was crap so they'd know to improve. I accused him of using FM tactics because I thought he was using FM tactics. If that's the way he plays, then he plays the game suspiciously, and he needs to work on that. Alternatively, I need to work on what I consider suspicious, but I think I'm too awesome to eat humble pie.

Btw, did you ever comment Connington's confession of feigning knowledge?

...His what to whatta now? :unsure:

Can we just put this to rest right now? It's possible he was a symp, but I think it's very, very unlikely. If we continue to second guess this we're going to keep going in circles.

Relax. I wasn't proposing that we go through his posts with a fine-toothed comb to look up possible FM masters. I voted him to remove a distraction and a suspicion, not to waste even more time on it.

Grandison, Tyrell was referring to the fact that Connington jumped on a case that he never really understood.

So you never checked if we were inventing stuff? Never had the feeling that it probably would be helpful to read the possible clue to judge if it really looked like a clue? :thumbsdown:

Did anyone else, beside of Bracken, look for the clue?

Man, you know what, I was just confused by the whole exchange and still am.

Maybe I shouldn't comment on things I can't wrap my head around, but if you're being cryptic why not just come out and say shit straight up, and if you're being humorous, I've utterly failed to see the punchline.

Anyway, I refuse to elaborate on my Tyrell-Bracken or Grandison-Martell-Stokeworth 'cases' anymore unless something new is brought to the table. It's pointless.

That's a good question. I'm wondering that myself.

...I can't answer myself just yet either.

Eh? Is this because you have info you don't want to share (fair enough, use your judgment) or can you just not explan your own actions?

...irregardless...

...irregardless...

I just want to say: irregardless is not a word. While kind of justifiable if used in a jokey way, it is totally unacceptable otherwise. I am no grammar nazi, and I do want team innocent to win, but if you keep on using this collection of letters Grandi, I will be forced to fixatedly (yeah this isn't a word either, but all the best people are hypocrites) vote for you. Just a friendly warning :)

Grandison, Tyrell was referring to the fact that Connington jumped on a case that he never really understood.

Argh, I can't tell these avatars apart. I actually thought that was Reyne!

And I think nothing of it besides that Connington's lazy. His reaction's really bratty though.

In his second post Baratheon implies he is new and doesn't really know how to play the game.

yet after Stokey's reveal:

Apparently Baratheon has a good grasp on WIFOM.

What bugs me is that he claims to be new, a lot of what he does is in agreement with that yet there are some things in his game play that don't exactly fit. I see he's gone, so I won't have an answer tonight, but I'd like a clarification on this.

just got back to a computer. I am not sure if I should take this as a compliment or not, but I'm a total n00b. I haven't the faintest idea what a WIFOM is. I'm struggling to figure out what the terms scum and symp refer to (I really need to print out that intro page and keep it handy!)

but ultimately, even I can figure out the basic structure of throwing stuff out there (I was told when I signed up I had to contribute. so I'm doin' it) and try to figure out everyone else's motivation. I'm just making some effort to do that. but I'm feeling like I'm getting a slow start! I don't even know if its ok that I'm kinda talking outside the game here...hopefully this post is ok in terms of the rules.

Are you serious?

exactly my reaction! :laugh:

Before I hit preview, I was actually going to vote Baratheon. (I felt guilty doing this, both because he's an easy target and because I feel bad lynching someone who claims to be in his first game. I think Greyjoy's point about WIFOM was silly, since Baratheon hasn't mentioned the word WIFOM, but I agree that for someone who claims to be a n00b, he seems a little too opportunistic with his votes and quick to attack people. He even used the word "defensive," which is more experienced vocabulary.)

again, the basic (very basic!) structure of the game is obvious, even to a n00b. people attack, people defend. Some folks were even called out for not defending enough or not making clear arguments for their attacks irregardless of their experience level (ha! couldn't help but throw that last bit in there.) there is nothing experienced about "defend", that seems to be the one obvious thing in this game... to me at least.

The only thing that speaks against Baratheon is his n00bishness. I'd really like to hear more from him.

last couple of days I've been out of town, so its been tricky to be near a computer and spend some time really re-reading this stuff. I'm back home now, and now that night is here, I am not gonna start throwing stuff out there now. but I will spend some time trying to figure out what is what and participate a little more from here on out. Kinda funny, though that Tyrell thinks I haven't said enough, Swift thinks I've been quick to get involved and Greyjoy is talking code I don't get. Ok, I'm gonna study everyone a little more now! :read:

Why are people so fixated on this?

I was referring to the exchange I saw take place explicitly, on the thread, between Tyrell and Bracken and NOT whatever the original 'source' of this exchage was.

Yes, I could go back and search for whatever-the-hell-it-is cryptic message I failed to pick up on that's been the bane of my existence since I brought it up --or at least since Crakehall has been poking me about it-- but if I do that, then the bad guys --as in the people who won't let the issue drop-- win! :P

But that's got nothing to do with nothing. IT WAS THE FRIGGING EXCHANGE THAT BUGGED ME, NOT THE SOURCE!

I figure if it's something worth knowing, Tyrell wouldn't be so frigging cryptic about it and yet point it out openly on the thread. It would make absolutely no sense to hide a role but not-so-subtly imply you have one, and that's about the only thing I can think of that's big enough to make me even care what the 'secret message' is.

I don't know how to articulate this any better than I am doing, and it's pissing me off. I thought Tyrell understood until he started suspecting me for not knowing what the 'source' of this stupid exchange was.

This whole stupid argument is like the epitome of nit-picky and completely pointless to boot. Pointless because it gets us no closer to finding a killer.

Please, make any case you want against me, I really don't care... just stop bringing up this stupid, trivial, only half thought out post I made in the early stages of day one. Or if you do, at least clue me in to what the big deal is.

The day dawns bright and merry, the smell of left over roast lamb fills your lungs and awakens your hunger. It makes you wonder whats for breakfast. Maybe you can make a soup out of those sheep bones? You would need some herbs for that or perhaps some rosewater.

Your in luck House Tyrell is dead, drowned in the privy. He was not a killer and you have your rosewater.

It is day 2.

11 players remain: Baratheon, Bracken, Connington, Crakehall, Grandison, Greyjoy, Martell, Reyne, Swyft., Vyrwel, Wythers.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

11 players have not voted: Baratheon, Bracken, Connington, Crakehall, Grandison, Greyjoy, Martell, Reyne, Swyft., Vyrwel, Wythers.

PS this dragon now has 2 heads.

Taking a look at Grandison, he comes on strong and rather off putting. His first post he insults both Tyrell and Stokeworth. Two of his comments are directed towards Stokeworth and sets up the “argument” that led me and others to first suspect Stokeworth.

When he comes back he makes only two posts that covers his reactions to Stokeworth’s reveal and recantation. He also throws his opinions and acceptance of others reactions. It’s interesting the difference in his tone of voice from his first two posts to these two posts.

He started the game very confrontational, but when he returns 12 hours later he is all “"I can understand" . Not that there is anything wrong with being understanding, but it seems such a change of behavior, I feel like it is worth noting.

I was suspicious of Stokeworth even before the reveal, but I'm going to re-read in case any of the reactions to it strike me as even more suspicious. The reveal could be a desperate FM's prayer to the cult of WIFOM, and he's at least made his lynchtrain a pain to analyze. Atm, I don't want to spend time WIFOMing back and forth about this for the days to come. It's already giving me a headache.

Stokeworth. I also don't think there's anything wrong with Swyft's sudden 180 on Stokeworth. His behavior could go any which way, and it's just as likely that he genuinely believes that Stoke's innocent as he claims. I don't think his reaction in Stokegate alone is lynchworthy, though that'll change if we lynch Stokey and the CF flips guilty.

I'm suspicious of a Martell-Stokeworth connection still, though at this point, Stokeworth's stirred the pot enough that he could be connected with anybody. My opinion of Martell has improved a lot though, and I would much prefer to lynch Stokeworth today.

Crakehall, are you still suspicious of Stokeworth? Or rather, why do you think lynching Connington is a better option than Stokeworth? I don't want us still still discussing Stokeworth's reveal tomorrow, and I want even less for us to give Stoke's reveal a free pass. You don't seem convinced of his innocence a la our bleu cock friend, so why push another case?

anyway, got to run now. will be back well before day's end.

All the rest of his posts were well reasoned and there was no sign of the caustic character that made the first two posts. While he didn't add a lot to the issues not dealing with Stokeworth, neither did I. I'd put him as a tier two suspect as of right now (night one/start of day two). I'd not want to vote him as a first choice.

edit for clarity

So er, now does someone want to explain the Tyrell thing to me?

The point is that it seemed like you knew what you were talking about, turned out you didn't and it was confusing and/or scummy.

I think the symp clue Tyrell and Bracken were referring to was Bracken stating that he loved Tyrell. Tyrell mentioned he thought someone was fake symping him, Bracken confessed and then the exchange happened.

A short while later, he mentions the fake-symp clue as a reason to keep an eye on Bracken. You chime in and say 'yeah, I agree - you look guilty by association'. To me, this implied that you saw the original clue and agreed that Tyrell only looked guilty because of something out of his control - namely Bracken's symp clue. When you then asked for reactions to the exchange, it looked like you were hoping someone else could come up with a reason to suspect Tyrell further - basically it was worthless filler.

Now that I know the exchange was the basis for your concern (besides taking it on blind faith that there was a symp clue ... somehwere) it seems less scummy.

It was very confusing to me and that's why I kept asking for you to answer the question. I was trying very hard to make sense of the whole mess.

I figure if it's something worth knowing, Tyrell wouldn't be so frigging cryptic about it and yet point it out openly on the thread. It would make absolutely no sense to hide a role but not-so-subtly imply you have one, and that's about the only thing I can think of that's big enough to make me even care what the 'secret message' is.

I believe that Tyrell's only reference to having a role was a joke. If not, then please point it out to me.

Archived