[BOOK SPOILERS] Spoilers Ahoy!

Ran

Free-for-all discussion, with spoilers permitted from all published novels and stories. Absolutely no spoilers from preview chapters, excerpts, and readings from unpublished works. Spoilers will be persecuted to the highest extant that the law allows!

• 3 years later...

Free-for-all discussion, with spoilers permitted from all published novels and stories. Absolutely no spoilers from preview chapters, excerpts, and readings from unpublished works. Spoilers will be persecuted to the highest extant that the law allows!

Since this thread is in the TV section is supposed to be about Spoilers in Feast and Dance as regards the show?

They may reach back into Storm for something but I think the first three novels are done with, any spoilers from them , have I think already been covered.

• 4 weeks later...

I particularly hated the bloodraven portrayal at the end of season 4 in the episode the children.

Totally agree. I understand budgets are limited, especially for the limited screen time the character had, but to have be just a plain old man was incredibly underwhelming and boring.

Does anyone know how they will be introducing the Dorne and Iron Islands plots? Asha might be enough to carry the lead on Pyke for a while, but we have no character to follow in Dorne besides Ellaria, who isn't very integral to the plot anymore and didn't have much writing behind her anyway. I fully expect them to have Arienne in a similar role to the books, but how will we meet her? Just dropping right into her plots might be incredibly confusing for show watchers, and I can't help but think having an established character go there (even briefly) might help smooth things out.

Also, do we expect season 5 to end with the general cliffhangers from Dance (Jon, Dany, and Stannis in particular)? I worry D&D won't have learned their lesson from Dany in season 2, which is that you can in fact change a character's storyline up to make it less of a grind. Jon's election could be done early on, basically taking the place of the Purple Wedding as a big episode 2 moment, and a few episodes of politics between him, Stannis, and Mel would probably work nicely before moving things along.

Finally, is there any confirmation (or even hint) we will be seeing Aegon next season?

• 3 weeks later...

Totally agree. I understand budgets are limited, especially for the limited screen time the character had, but to have be just a plain old man was incredibly underwhelming and boring.

Does anyone know how they will be introducing the Dorne and Iron Islands plots? Asha might be enough to carry the lead on Pyke for a while, but we have no character to follow in Dorne besides Ellaria, who isn't very integral to the plot anymore and didn't have much writing behind her anyway. I fully expect them to have Arienne in a similar role to the books, but how will we meet her? Just dropping right into her plots might be incredibly confusing for show watchers, and I can't help but think having an established character go there (even briefly) might help smooth things out.

Also, do we expect season 5 to end with the general cliffhangers from Dance (Jon, Dany, and Stannis in particular)? I worry D&D won't have learned their lesson from Dany in season 2, which is that you can in fact change a character's storyline up to make it less of a grind. Jon's election could be done early on, basically taking the place of the Purple Wedding as a big episode 2 moment, and a few episodes of politics between him, Stannis, and Mel would probably work nicely before moving things along.

Finally, is there any confirmation (or even hint) we will be seeing Aegon next season?

Agreed. Just utterly shocked when I saw Bloodraven. I sincerely do hope they correct him in season 5!

I particularly hated the bloodraven portrayal at the end of season 4 in the episode the children.

I thought it was alright aside from him having both eyes. One of the things I fell in love with in ASoIaF was how realistic everything was compared to real life, so with the fantasy elements that have been added, I'd rather see an incredibly old man on a throne of weirwood roots as opposed to an incredibly old man on a throne of weirwood roots that are physically infused through his body. It's just my opinion and personal preferance of course but I would much rather there be limited supernatural & fantasy elements that way its easier to get lost in the world & be able to draw parallels to our real world

Archived