Dark Sword Minatures

hatbar

I've just started collecting the dark sword minatures and I think they are fantastic! I was just wondering if anyone knows where the best place to get them is in the UK. I've bought a few off ebay but there's a lot of figures I want that aren't there!

Cheers Addam, they're pretty much as can be seen on the Dark Sword web-site, using the suggested colours etc. Haven't got a flickr account setup.

As I said, I pay somebody to paint them for me and he's doing an astounding job.

I have a friend who collects and paints model soldiers - he has literally thousands, collected over many years. But they are just generically painted, each one the same, no individualism or expression. These Dark Sword miniatures are amazing in their detail; a good paint-job brings out the intricacies of the modelling. As fantastic as my models are I've seen even better linked to via this forum.

The guys at Dark Sword are fab people and I recommend you all go out and buy some!

I really want the figures, but I don't want to (/can't afford) to pay someone to paint them up. I've taken up painting as a hobby myself, and would love to be able to paint them myself. I'll never reach the level of what you see on the Dark Sword site, but something presentable, I hope.

For all the European fans may I suggest Miniaturenland in Germany. They are one of Dark Sword's strongest partner in the entire world (distributor and retailer), and great guys too.

For the French fans there is my place Miniareal. I can also ship to all Europe: as I also have the ASOIAF coins, artbook, games... it could be interesting and useful for those in Europe who collect these items to find them all in one place.

Anyway I would also be interested in seeing other people's painted collection. I already posted some photos in another thread but since then I had a diorama featuring Shae and Tyrion done.

The french painter, Gautier Giroud, keeps track of all the work he does in his website. You can see all the photos here.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies! I've managed to get the main characters I wanted (Starks and Lanisters) so I'm going to have to paint them myself! Naturally I thought I'd go for a basic approach to start off with! I hope I don't mess them up!

• 3 years later...

Hi guys- I am both new to the forum and new to Dark Sword but I am a bit of a seasoned veteran when it comes to fantasy miniature painting. I have however taken a long break from the hobby but when I saw A song of Ice and Fire range I knew my interest had been rekindled :drool: . I spoke to Jim at Dark Sword and he is a great helpful guy- I am going to order direct from him- ok it is $15 for postage but thats a flat rate- one or a hundred minis -same price. Plan to buy in groups anyway- i.e. The Starks- Nights Watch- The Dire Wolves etc etc. I did find a UK seller for DS but every mini I clicked on from the ASOIAF range were sold out and they were more expensive- about £3 each more expensive- so buying a few at a time negates the difference in shipping. That and the fact the UK seller hasn't any stock!! :dunno:

Here is a link to the Uk seller http://miniature-heroes.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=602 and for anyone else interested here is a link to the US

Dark Sword sitehttp://www.darkswordminiatures.com/shop/index.php/miniatures/george-r-r-martin-masterworks.html

They look good huh? Dont know where to start! - The Starks I think :)

BTW @Freerider- have a good look on YouTube- there are a few good 'how to' videos on fantasy mini painting- even if the subject isn't what you are looking to paint- say a 'Space Ork' you can still learn some nice and easy techniques to bring out the best in your miniature. If you have any painting questions shoot me a PM and try my best to help you out! Good luck :)

• 5 weeks later...

I have a numbered set from the initial release a few years back. Haven't painted them yet - I still don't think I'm good enough.

We also grabbed a bunch from the recent kickstarter so I'll have a crack at some of them soon.

Archived