Daylight Saving Time Still Sucks 2015

Ser Scot A Ellison

It appears the iPhone did not continue its trend of freaking out during DST.

Although....I haven't had a pre-set re-occurring alarm yet, so it might be premature to announce that.

Haha, oh wow. This explains why I was so surprised that I slept in as much as I did this morning.

I had no idea last night was the switch and all my clocks set themselves automatically.

I love it...not the loosing the hour of sleep, but the extra hour of daylight sure is nice.

Though I do agree they just need to leave it alone and pick one (preferably the one with the longest evening)and stick with it.

Absolutely :) Now I finally get a chance to do something else than have dinner after I get home from work. Garden work, running etc. will now actually be possible. If it was up to me, the entire year would be spent on daylight saving time!

I liked daylight savings in Australia, but DLS over here means a 2hour greater difference when I want to talk to my family back home which sucks! (well, 1 hour at the moment, 2 hours once they go back off DLS)

You guys are looking at this all wrong! I used to hate it too. Now I am ecstatic that the gloom of night will come an hour later. I love longer days and warmer weather! Come on, spring is here, give winter the big middle finger in your rear view mirror and let's move ahead. There's a reason Christmas is in the middle of winter, and it has nothing to do with when Jesus was born, it's there so masses of people won't off themselves in the bleakest time of year.

And these things wouldn't occur without resetting clocks?

... no? For anyone who works a fixed-hour job, if sunset is now at, say 6:30, without resetting, sunset was at 5:30... which is approximately when folks working 9-5 get home. Now they have an hour of sunlight left for shenanigans.

I don't much care either way, but the benefit, at least, is obvious.

Well, since it exists I like it - it's a signal for warmer days, later sunsets. If it were to be repealed I wouldn't lose any sleep over it - it's kinda like setting your clock ahead a few minutes to "trick" yourself when the alarm goes off.

BLU-RAY,

Give it two months and I gurantee the Sun will be setting later without resetting clocks.

Well, yes, naturally. The idea is to give people more time where the workday doesn't end in darkness. Or at least, the benefit is to give people more time where the workday doesn't end in darkness.

BLU-RAY,

Well, yes, naturally. The idea is to give people more time where the workday doesn't end in darkness. Or at least, the benefit is to give people more time where the workday doesn't end in darkness.

Fine, then leave the clocks set on DST rather than switching back to a "Standard Time" that last only 4 months. My beef is the change.

BLU-RAY,

Fine, then leave the clocks set on DST rather than switching back to a "Standard Time" that last only 4 months. My beef is the change.

Yeah, I can't really argue with that.

BR,

People up North then complain that the sun rises at 9-10 AM during the winter. It's a legitimate beef. I'd love it if the States in the lower U.S. Latitudes would just adopt DST all the time rather than continue changing.

Oh yeah? If we let y'all do that, then next thing we know, y'all are gonna get this strange idea about state rights and secession and stuff. Can't have that, I say. :-p

I mostly hated it when the kids were little. Harder to get the little buggers off to sleep. I was fine with it BC and am fine with it again now that it's AD (After Diapers).

Really can't understand the bitchin' over it. Some farmers have a bit of justification to be miffed, city folks really have nothing to moan about. I do like my 9:30PM sunsets during the summer holidays.

An no way I'd want DST throughout the year. Far out! Imagine sunrise not happening until morning tea time. No thanks! OK not morning tea time really, but way too late in the morning for my liking.

I do admit it is a bit of a nark when someone schedules an early morning thing on the first DST morning. There should be a law against that sort of thing.

I had to get up and give a conference paper at 9 am. Hardly an easy task in general given the prerequisite night of heavy drinking following the awards banquet, but certainly made more difficult by daylight savings. :tantrum:

On the other hand, its very nice to have more sunlight in the evening!!! Which just makes me wonder why we punish ourselves every winter by making it get dark an hour earlier.

Ser Scot,

You could always move to the enlightened country of China. If you want one, a job as an English teacher should be fairly easy to find. Also, if you're anti-time zone, the CCP has abolished those damned bloody bastards as well.

BLU-RAY,

Give it two months and I gurantee the Sun will be setting later without resetting clocks.

This is fine for you living further south. For us northerners, daylight is a precious commodity this time of year. :)

An no way I'd want DST throughout the year. Far out! Imagine sunrise not happening until morning tea time. No thanks! OK not morning tea time really, but way too late in the morning for my liking.

I do admit it is a bit of a nark when someone schedules an early morning thing on the first DST morning. There should be a law against that sort of thing.

You should try living in Scandinavia for a year when the sun sets at 3 pm. :P And no, it's rarely sunlight before teatime. :P (Although compared to Galactus, I am a spoiled southerner, now he is the real stuff!)

I hate the switch to DST, I hate Spring, I hate longer days. However, if we didn't lose an hour in Spring, we wouldn't gain an hour in Fall, and that I love. The drastic change to earlier sunset, the long nights, the colder days. Winter is coming.

Haha, oh wow. This explains why I was so surprised that I slept in as much as I did this morning.

I had no idea last night was the switch and all my clocks set themselves automatically.

Same thing here, it's examples like this that push me closer to believing A.I. will some day rule over us all.

Archived