Trying to publish my own book but...

Iciclefires

I need help. I ran out of ideas, had so many and wrote like seven books, but I stopped on them all for several reasons.

1. The ideas weren't original, hero vs villain stuff.

2. I don't know how to properly format my books.

With number 2, I know how to format it and everything, but...how do I get the sentences to end exactly at the side of the book, right side, meaning...

Example:

Hello

Hello

Hello

Hello

See how the "Hello" words are straight on the right? Take a look at a book and look at the right, the words end exactly in the right place. How do I do that?

MS Word.

Wordperfect is pretty good.

Join Critters and you can get your work reviewed.

Write the story for you. Your not making a living from writing (yet) so write the story you want to write. Come back when you are wiser and edit. Come back when you are even wiser and edit. Continue cycle until you would rather kill yourself than ever read your story again.

Then find a literary agent, get your work submitted, and maybe someone, somewhere will like it.

The world of writing is just as horrible and hard as any profession.

Wow, thanks a lot with your sarcastically humor. I seriously thought someone on these forums would help, but I guess not.

I am bewildered by your question if it's a real question.

I generally count the characters and spaces in each line for 45 characters per line. This ensures the lines match up each and every time. It takes a little practice, you'll need to have a flexible vocabulary. Or develope one. Good luck.

No one should self publish. No one.

Well, no, you should absolutely never self-publish something you'd like to get paid for. In fact limit any and all online exposure to a few pages at most. Even an email can be considered published, I think.

You still haven't answered my question about how to line up the lines to the right ending perfectly

I may be misunderstanding your question, but it sounds like you're asking about aligning your text. In MS word, there are buttons in the toolbar at the top for left, center, right, and justified, that last being what it sounds like you want.

I may be misunderstanding your question, but it sounds like you're asking about aligning your text. In MS word, there are buttons in the toolbar at the top for left, center, right, and justified, that last being what it sounds like you want.

Wow, BIG THANKS!

Yep, "justified" is what you want, for horizontal spacing.

But yes, be nice, guys. Everyone has to start somewhere, and there's no need for the rest of us to be asses and give people a hard time with something they're just getting into.

Archived