Jon + Dany = <3

An_Other

Count me as among those that firmly believe that Jon is the product of R + L and that Daenerys will come to love him and have sex with him per the prophecy at the House of the Undying.

Having said all that, nothing in the prophecy or anywhere else in the book indicates that Jon would love Daenerys back. That's why Jon + Daenerys = <3 is way premature. Nothing backs that theory besides wishful thinking.

What we really have is Jon + Daenerys = Daenerys is in <3.

Wholly agree here.

Nevermind my whisful thinking, i'm firmly sure Jon won't love Dany back

Diffrent colors of roses symbolize diffrent things. Red is love whereas yellow is friendship. Blue is the unattainable or impossible. The fact that it is growing out of a chink in a wall of ice certainly points at Jon. Since he wears the black he cannot marry, he is therefore unattainable. Going with the theme of nothing ever ending happily I think Jon will be the one she loves but be unattainable to her. It will be an unrequited love that will most likely end tragically.

Diffrent colors of roses symbolize diffrent things. Red is love whereas yellow is friendship. Blue is the unattainable or impossible. The fact that it is growing out of a chink in a wall of ice certainly points at Jon. Since he wears the black he cannot marry, he is therefore unattainable. Going with the theme of nothing ever ending happily I think Jon will be the one she loves but be unattainable to her. It will be an unrequited love that will most likely end tragically.

The blue rose probably means Lyanna. IMHO, it's not related to any kind of relationship. but the sentence "the mount for love" is pretty clear.

Also, the wall won't last forever :)

The blue rose probably means Lyanna. IMHO, it's not related to any kind of relationship. but the sentence "the mount for love" is pretty clear.

Also, the wall won't last forever :)

Lyanna loving Blue Roses could mean that she loved the unatainable. Namely Rhaegar. I hadn't thought of John being their offspring before but I did catch that she was a willing participant with Rhaegar. GRRM is big into symbolism so I wouldn't write off the actual symbolism of a Blue Rose, although it's very possible a red herring.

The only way it could be a red herring if is the rose doesn't mean lyanna herself, but a person with stark blood (bael & the rose of winterfell). IF the rose means "random stark" and not "lyanna's son" then the R+L=J becomes less likely. But the vision would still foretell that dany will love a person with stark blood who is on the wall.. it's still jon.

The rose could be a red herring about jon's parentage, but not about him becoming dany's.. something...boyfriend? lover? whatever. they will be involved

(unless the whole house of the undying thing IS a red herring. Never say never, this is ASOIAF)

• 8 months later...

She needs someone with dragon blood to ride one of the three dragons with her. Jon needs something to spit fire at wights as they storm the wall.

Match made.

Yes, cause of course to fight side by side it's necessary to be in love with your allies, it is known. Oh Stannis, so that's what you wanted from our little Jon, huh? :rolleyes:

About the thread, count me among those who think that she will probably fall for Jon but he won't love her back, just a feeling.

Yes, cause of course to fight side by side it's necessary to be in love with your allies, it is known. Oh Stannis, so that's what you wanted from our little Jon, huh? :rolleyes:

About the thread, count me among those who think that she will probably fall for Jon but he won't love her back, just a feeling.

I was answering the question in the OP, "what situation could place the two of them together". As for them actually being in love I would suspect that the catalyst would be a long walk along the wall during a star filled evening, drinking Arbor wine while Jon talks about how cute and playful Ghost was as a pup.

Jon and Dany together would be a piece of shit development that would utterly ruin this story. What a garbage fanservice cliche that would be.

Depends on how it's presented.

There's a lot separating Jon and Dany, and it would have to be resolved over a significant period of time for various independent reasons. In other words, it would need to feel like a natural progression of the story.

If all of these issues are resolved in a very short space of time or simply ignored, then I could see a serious problem.

Count me in for love stories ... most of the time you can wake me up for them ... love them. But somehow I suspect ASOIAF will not turn into a romantic love story in the last two books.

I don't think anyone is claiming that it will. Romance subplots have come and gone most of the series, I see no reason why the last two books would be an exception.

I was answering the question in the OP, "what situation could place the two of them together". As for them actually being in love I would suspect that the catalyst would be a long walk along the wall during a star filled evening, drinking Arbor wine while Jon talks about how cute and playful Ghost was as a pup.

Ok then, my bad, I took your answer as an answer to the title of the thread.

No, you are not the only one ;)

Anyway, I see Jon and Dany together for a while, but Jon will probably leave her (treason for love?). At least, I hope so.

I also think that he will be the treason for love. I always pictured a scenario where Arya is sent to kill Dany (doesn't Dany sees the house of black and white in one of her visions?) and that, some way, will lead to Jon betraying Dany to save Arya, cause I'd dare to say that Arya (well, and Ghost) is what Jon loves the most in the world. But this is only me and my crazy mind's speculation :D

I think you mean kinslayer, not kingslayer wink.gif. As to Dany needing a moral compass, perhaps it's not so much that as someone who give her good advice, particularly regarding the game of thrones. And concerning Ned, why should she think of him when she doesn't need to and has many other concerns vying for her attention? But when she comes face-to-face with Jon (or is on her way to meeting him), presumably still believed to be Ned Stark's bastard at that time, then she'll have cause to revisit her thoughts on Ned.

Of course we do. We're ASOIAF fans dedicated enough to spend dozens, hundreds or in some cases even thousands of hours on a message board discussing the series. Every single aspect and detail of the books is eventually going to be thoroughly analyzed, discussed, and almost certainly blown out of proportion. wink.gif

Does she currently know and accepts that Aerys was a monster who had to be cast down? IIRC, the worst she knows of Aerys is Barristan telling her that Aerys was called the Mad King, and then, when Dany protested that that was a lie put about by the Usurper's dogs, equivocated rather than describe Aerys's crimes. Maybe, probably, by the time she meets Jon she'll have accepted that Aerys was a dreadful king and thus that Ned and Robert were justified in rebelling, but at the moment I'm not at all convinced she does.

As for Jon himself, given what we've seen of him in the Dance spoiler chapters, I'll be surprised if he doesn't have a dark reputation by the time Dany meets him, a reputation that will in and of itself be reason enough for Dany to be initially wary of Jon.

Aerys might have been mad, however, he was justified, imho, for killing Brandon and Rickard. They come to KL, Brandon calls out the crowned prince to come out and die and everyone gets mad because because the king kills them. What would Robert/Cercei have done if someone came to his steps and called out Joffrey? We saw them kill an innocent wolf because another wolf bit the little prick for pulling his sword on two unarmed children.

I know this is popular but I can never get behind the Dany/Jon thing. However, I do think Jon and Dany will be important to each other's storylines, maybe Jon is one of the head of the dragons and/or they will join forces to defeat the others.

I love both characters, but the idea of them together, just no. For those who believe Jon is Rhaegar's son, doesn't it squick you out that would essentially make Dany his aunt? Ew, but that's just me, I guess. What is hooking up with an aunt compared to twincest or cockteasing your baby brother for fun , or marrying your brother for that matter.

I'm starting to think it's quite possible, now, though I'm not 100% behind it.

I'm certain they'll fight together on the same side. One question is what will happen with Stannis, now that he and Jon are like BFFs. There's a chance that Dany and Stannis will encounter one another prior to Jon's "return," whatever form that takes. In that case a lot rides on Stannis and Dany coming to some sort of an understanding re: the fight against the others. But then you have the whole slaying of the blue eyed king prophecy, which is quite ominous wrt their meeting. I think if Jon returns to the wall and finds Stannis dead, he's not going to be particularly pleased with Dany.

I don't see any kind of a happy ending between them, mostly because I think Jon will be irrecoverably changed by what happened at the end of aDwD. His purpose from this point on will solely be to defend Westeros as AA reborn. He's not going to sit the Iron Throne. Dany's ambition will still be to reclaim her father's throne, even if her first priority is to save Westeros. She may die before she reaches that point, as well as Jon. The most I can see is them falling in love/sexing each other up and then both dying in some glorious way. I could be down with that.

• 10 months later...

I know this is popular but I can never get behind the Dany/Jon thing. However, I do think Jon and Dany will be important to each other's storylines, maybe Jon is one of the head of the dragons and/or they will join forces to defeat the others.

I love both characters, but the idea of them together, just no. For those who believe Jon is Rhaegar's son, doesn't it squick you out that would essentially make Dany his aunt? Ew, but that's just me, I guess. What is hooking up with an aunt compared to twincest or cockteasing your baby brother for fun , or marrying your brother for that matter.

My thoughts exactly. I'm a firm believer in the R + L = J so the idea of these two getting together isn't so much fairytale as just plain yucky!

My theory.

Dany falls in love with jon. According to the undyings, jon is the mount for love or something like this.

They will have sex, for sure (mount.)

Dany finds out / dany already knew and she tells him that jon is a targ. Jon doesn't take it well

("luke, i'm not your father")

So, jon leaves dany. (Maybe for someone else...i am a huge, and probably the only, jon-arya shipper).

However, they won't have an happy ending.

(my theory, part 2. dany goes mad and becomes one of the bad guys. she has to be killed in order to save the kingdom or something similar)

Jon and Arya? Really, nope nope nope Arya is for Gendry period.

Archived