The Dagger and the Coin - SPOILER THREAD

RedEyedGhost

Speaking of TB and HC, does anyone know if all the HC in the DaC series are all book club editions? And if so, why are they the only hardcovers?

It's likely that all the hardcovers are indeed book club editions as there weren't any in the general release. Publishers, especially the smaller ones, don't always put out hardcovers, but will opt to go straight to paperback. I've never seen a hardcover from Angry Robot for example. I assume there's some cost benefit analysis to doing only one printing rather than having to do a hardcover plus a paperback later.

You probably should have purchased it from Barnes & Noble. Amazon is currently in the middle of a dispute with Hachette, the parent company of Orbit, which publishes Abraham's books. As part of the dispute, they have disallowed pre-orders of books from Hachette and its imprints, as well as deliberately under-stocked their titles. If you look at the order page on Amazon right now, the estimated shipping time for The Widow's House is 1 to 3 weeks, as opposed to their customary 24 hour turnaround time.

If I was you, I would try to cancel your order if it has not shipped yet and re-order from another seller.

It should also be noted that Amazon is selling the paperback at an exorbitant price, probably as a result of the dispute as well.

I didn't take your advice - mostly because I thought it would be too late to cancel the Amazon order - and I'm paying the long price, as it were.

It's seriously pissing me off.

ETA: Okay, I checked on it and it is finally en route - from Illinois to Kentucky to Michigan... yeah, that makes sense. Why not.

Archived