[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 2 Preview

TheEvilKing

Wow, looks like a lot of things are happening next week. I look forward to seeing Jon Snow on the Wall and Ned making it to the "rat's nest" King's Landing. And it seems we're already seeing Lady meet her fate. Poor direwolf. That was a sad scene in the book.

There's this one quick shot with Sansa turning around to see the Hound, and a voice says "I'll kill you for what you did." I really doubt this is Sansa.

Arya, perhaps? Do you think they would add a quick scene or part with Arya/Hound to give them some more history?

There's this one quick shot with Sansa turning around to see the Hound, and a voice says "I'll kill you for what you did." I really doubt this is Sansa.

Arya, perhaps? Do you think they would add a quick scene or part with Arya/Hound to give them some more history?

Pretty certain it would be Arya. I had thought maybe she was saying it to Sansa for lying, but that's an interesting idea she'd say it to the Hound.

It shows Sansa, but the voice laid over that shot isn't Sansa. Previews do this quite a bit, overlaying dialogue with out of context video to give one impression, when really something else is happening.

Wow, that is going to be an action-packed episode. Wall fun (probably not Sam yet by this time, I'm guessing? although maybe) and the insanity of Micah-Arya-Joffrey-Sansa-Nymeria-Lady. Poor Lady :worried:

That said, I am looking forward to seeing how well Joffrey works in that commotion; it is, of course, crucial character-building for him (first episode didn't really hit on any scumbaggery) as well as for Sansa and Arya. And seeing what HBO's impression of Cat does after Bran's fall (does she come more in line with book Cat?) will be interesting.

Missed this line the first time. Gotta be Arya. And it'll be some very nice foreshadowing for her character. She ain't joking. :cheers:

I wonder if they'll give show Cat the line "it should have been you" at jon.

I'm not sure if this is just me prematurly hating show joffrey, but he did come off as a jerk when they showed him.

don't really think there is anything such as "premature Joffrey hate"...it's all pretty much on time.

Missed this line the first time. Gotta be Arya. And it'll be some very nice foreshadowing for her character. She ain't joking. :cheers:

Technically she is.

She didn't kill the Hound, she just left him to die of wounds inflicted at the inn. Plus, a lot of people (myself included) think that while "The Hound" is dead, Sandor Clegane is still alive living as a penitent monk at that island monastery near Saltflats

I wonder if they'll give show Cat the line "it should have been you" at jon.

TV spoiler:

Someone here who's seen the episode (I forget who) revealed that she does not in fact utter that line, although the scene's tone and most of the dialogue remain unchanged.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... Just saw the HBO Preview for episode 2, and at the :12 second mark, Robb CLEARLY says in reference to the Bran incident, "MURDER my brother..." Uhhhh, PLEASE tell me they didn't change THAT aspect!

(TRIED TO) "MURDER my brother". Probably clever editing, all in the name of building drama for those who haven't read the book.

Plus, in the book at least, there's a period of time where Bran is alive but it appears likely he will die.

Archived