[Book Spoilers] Episode 3 Preview

thorny throne

I can't understard a word NCW is saying in the first scene - I think that's the Jaime line they used for the Iron Throne featurette and I'm still wondering what he says (well, something something, until you and I are the only people left in the world). He already speaks very softly, he shouldn't whisper.

Can't wait to see Littlefinger! And I really can't wait until he meets Sansa - that's gonna be creepy/awesome.

He says something like

I'll kill him, Ned Stark, the king, the whole bloody lot of them until you and I are the only people left in this whole world.

I'm eager to see the Dothraki (and Ser Jorah's) response to Viserys's attack on Dany. That's the scene that really got me interested in the Daenerys storyline and I think it'll do the same those new to the books.

I am hoping it stays true to the novel and that Drogo AND Jorah's reactions are those which Martin described with such detail. Thus far, the acting is incredible - Viserys is a real snake and Daenerys is fantastic - both so true to their literary characters.

Is anyone else as impressed with Peter Dinklage as I am? Definitely good casting!

Indeed, November. His first scene in "The Kingsroad" was just so well done. I really can't imagine anyone else as Tyrion.

Can't wait to see Jon kick some ass to the other recruits. I liked reading that scene in the book. Next to Ned, Jon is my favorite, and seeing his scenes on the Wall unfold will be great just as they were in the book.

Indeed, November. His first scene in "The Kingsroad" was just so well done. I really can't imagine anyone else as Tyrion.

Can't wait to see Jon kick some ass to the other recruits. I liked reading that scene in the book. Next to Ned, Jon is my favorite, and seeing his scenes on the Wall unfold will be great just as they were in the book.

Kit Harington is doing a fine job and is definitely an authentic Snow. I too am eagerly awaiting Jon to come into his own - "Lord Snow." The only thing missing from Tyrion and Jon's interaction was the absence of Ghost - when Jon tells him that were it not for his presence, Ghost would rip his throat out. I will say, though, the scene in which Summer literally does rip out the throat of Bran's attacker was stellar. As far as Martin's novels, Jon and Ghost will always have my heart; however, Dinklage has stolen the screen, even from Lena Headey and Sean Bean. From his sex scenes to smacking Joffrey thrice (wasn't it twice in the novel?) to his almost verbatim dialogue from GOT, he is my favorite - he truly brings Tyrion alive. Has anyone noticed whether or not Dinklage has two different colored contacts?

Every week I just wait and want to see Viserys again, he does such a great job! Same with Sean Bean but that goes without saying, the man IS Ned Stark.

I wonder if people watching the show are going to be pissed that he dies...will it hurt the show? I can't help but feel people might hate it :(

Syrio.

King's Landing. (Yes, we've kinda seen it.. but not really)

Varys.

Littlefinger.

Castle Black.

Renly.

Barristan the Bold.

Maester Aemon.

And just maybe.. Tyrion's crab fork duel with Ser Alliser Thorne.

C'mon Sunday!

I really doubt that Cat's going to abduct Tyrion this episode. Tyrion just got to the Wall and Cat's not yet even at King's Landing for one thing.

For another, episode 4 is titled "Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things". My guess is that we get Tyrion's return through Winterfell, helping out Bran, in that one. The capture of Tyrion likely happens in that episode, maybe it even ends with his capture.

Given Robb, Theon and Maester Luwin all at least partly suspect tyrion of having some involvement in the "plot" against Bran I'm wondering how they are going to credibly get Tyrion through Winterfell on his southward journey. Perhaps the Maester will have a hand in moderating Robb and Theon's behaviour initially and Tyrion will show his quality and demonstrate through his actions his innocenece to those in Winterfell. I suspect Catelyn gets fed the misinformation from LF at the end of Ep3 which puts her on her collision course with Tyrion in Ep4.

I wonder if we're going to see Samwell appear in this episode? I've heard good things about the actor and their interactions in the reviews, so I'm really looking forward to that part.

we're going to see him from episode 4

So many exciting new characters get their debut in this episode and I'm eager to see what kind of job they'll do. Judging by what we've gotten to see so far of excellent acting/casting, I'm sure that the people they've cast for Varys, Littlefinger, etc. will do an amazing job.

I'm also excited to see the Red Keep/The Tower of the Hand and all of King's Landing in general.

:smug:

I know that the next episode (after the third one) is Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things that so I expect that that episode will feature Bran's return to consciousness. I am really excited for that too so I hope that we get to see at least some Bran in the next episode but this episode looks so good.

I think next episode will feature's Bran return to the land of the living. The quote "Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things" comes from the Bran chapter where Tyrion returns to Winterfell and gives Maester Lewin the sketch to make Bran's saddle. So "Lord Snow" will probably have Bran bed-ridden and angry. We should also get some Old Nan stories!

Well according to the descriptions here, http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Episodes/Entry/Cripples_Bastards_and_Broken_Things/ I think you're right that it'll happen in episode 4.

"Catelyn rallies her husband’s allies to make a point, while Tyrion finds himself caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. "

It looks like the last part of the book is much more spread out. That's good. :)

I'm not sure that's it's more spread out at all actually. These past two episodes have each covered almost exactly 80 pages; the third episode seems like it will be exactly the same, and there are just over 800 pages in the book. So far, we are exactly on track.

Has anyone noticed whether or not Dinklage has two different colored contacts?

I haven't noticed it in the series yet, but one of the interview vignettes they had on YouTube (

) he definitely did in some scenes and not in others. At 1:02 in the video I linked, he does for sure.

Archived