[Book Spoilers] EP103 Discussion

Ran

I loved how they showed how Robert' date=' Joffrey, and Viserys were all 3 unfit as rulers. Good storytelling. [/quote']

I wonder if this will impact a Feast of Crows.

Is Cersei naturally more "Tywin-like" in this universe or is she going to just ignore all of her own advice?

Arya was great again but all the actors and actresses are starting to grow on me. Tyrion is going to be a favorite I think on the TV version too.

It makes sense they have to consolidate some lines and flesh out some characters slightly differently for tv purposes but surely it's pretty close to the book so far.

Old Nan's stories were great.

Actually, I really like Jorah in the show.

Me too! But probably because I always imagined him as old and gross in the books. And I totally have a huge weakness for redheads! :drool:

I have to say that with each rewatching, my dislike for this Cersei -- both the way she is written and the way Headey is playing her -- just grows. I really wish they hadn't felt the need to make more of her and Jaime at this stage. As it is, I am afraid she pretty much ruins every scene she is in for me and the more I think about it, the more annoyed I get.

Fortunately, Cersei isn't really a character I care strongly about in any fashion, so I just resent her scenes taking up time that could have been used for something else.

- Am I the only one who thought this Old Nan out Old Naned the book Old Nan?

- Pip and Grenn are two more great casting choices. Knew who they were before Tyrion pointed them out.

- I forgot about Pycelle's epic beard.

I appreciated the choice to show Jorah being shady in regards to learning the news that Dany is with child.

Loved Syrio. Had a shit-eating grin on my face the entire scene.

The only thing I missed (dialogue-wise) was Ned's comparing Arya to Lyanna. I totally appreciated how they took inner monologue and made it dialogue, though, as when Ned told Catelyn he would go to Robert and hope he was the man he used to be. (I missed the "And not the man I fear he's become," but I can't have everything. :P)

Also, where's julandro? He's gonna be so happy Lancel was finally shown!

This episode jumped around even more than the pilot did. So many story lines getting only one or two scenes. No room for character development. Too much fan service as far as background history goes. A bit disappointing at the moment to be honest.

As an avid reader of the books, I loved the episode. I just hope non-readers enjoyed it. The pace was certainly slowed, which I think needed after last week's breakneck speed. Loved Syrio. As good as the Jon and Tyrion have been, Arya is stealing the show!

My only complaint, where is Ghost? Hell, where is Grey Wind and Summer? Surely Summer should be on or near Bran's bed at all times.

Nitpicking, loved it.

I appreciated the choice to show Jorah being shady in regards to learning the news that Dany is with child.

About that scene -- why did Jorah have to ride all the way to Qohor to get a goat? Is that just a reference for fans of the book to the Black Goat of Qohor?

My only complaint, where is Ghost? Hell, where is Grey Wind and Summer? Surely Summer should be on or near Bran's bed at all times.

Yeah, totally agree. I know there are the training issues, but how hard would it be to have Summer lying on the floor or Bran's bed? Or have Ghost at Jon's sentry post on the Wall? Think it was a mistake to have an entire episode without a glimpse of dog!wolf hair.

Just so! I have to watch it again, but did she tell Bran about spiders north of the Wall as big as houses? Spiders?

As big as hounds (which is from the book iirc). Of course I've always hoped/imagined them as big as houses/elephants but thats just my delusion..

Archived