[Book Spoilers] Episode 4 Preview

Really pumped about this episode, I feel like episode 3 got us to the top of the first rollercoaster drop and from here on out, we're on a wild ride.

We finally get to see Hodor! ...he is cast, right? I hope they use the back-basket with him and Bran. Also, if I'm remembering the timeline correctly, we should meet Osha next week, right? Which means we'll get to see both Summer and Grey Wind on-screen at the same time!

Tournament should be fun to watch. I hope they do a good job developing the Hound with Sansa. This is the time in the books when we realize who this guy really is.

Also hope we keep seeing scenes of Arya and Syrio, I know it's not super-necessary for the plot (until the downfall of the Starks obviously) but Arya is obviously a fan-favorite right now.

Only 6 more days! :fencing:

Yeah I feel Episode 3 was very much like the pilot and concerned itself with setting the pieces on the chess board. We now know though almost all the major characters have been introduced (sans Lysa), so the action should pick up from here.

I'm curious if the show will show us more of Benjen's encounter with the White Walkers. I say this mainly cause I know some friends who were intrigued by the prologue of the pilot, but are getting antsy about seeing the White Walkers again...and as a book reader, we already know we won't see them at all till season 2, so maybe they'll use Benjen's ranging as an opportunity to show more action.

is it true they took out the Hound and Sansa's convo?

I really hope this is just a rumor, or that the conversation has only been moved, if it's not during the tournament. It's the Hound's most important conversation in GOT (really, his only significant speaking part IIRC). Rory McCann read from it during his audition for the Hound.

Also interesting that the preview appears to have Sansa telling Littlefinger "I won't tell anyone" on the stands at the tournament. That's a line I would ascribe to the end of her conversation with Sandor. Wonder if they changed things up or if it's another voiceover trick.

We finally get to see Hodor! ...he is cast, right?

You can actually see him carrying Bran in the preview, the end of the Tyrion/Robb scene where Tyrion's walking out. No basket yet, though.

uuuuum.... yeah. I really hope we don't hear the Hound's backstory come out of Littlefinger's mouth. I don't know why, but since seeing that preview I have this terrible suspicion that they did change this. They COULDN'T do that, could they??? It's one of his highlights from AGoT. Please someone tell me my suspicions are completely unfounded. :(

You can actually see him carrying Bran in the preview, the end of the Tyrion/Robb scene where Tyrion's walking out. No basket yet, though.

That's my main objection to CSI Cat in the TV show. She should not have truly suspected the Lannisters of Bran's fall and assassination attempt until after she reached KL. Tyrion was meant to be much better received by Robb et al, and his cordial relations was part of what had Tyrion design the Hodor basket for Bran. I think it was a nice part of GoT and the whole CSI finding of the blonde hair ruined it.

That dragon bone Valyrian steel knife should have been enough to send Cat off in pursuit of Ned, just as it was in the book.

Actually, Robb received Tyrion with a bare sword across his knees and pretty much implied that he's not welcome at Winterfell. Maester Luwin or Ser Rodrick force him to apologise after Tyrion hands the special saddle design to the Winterfell master of horse, but it wasn't heartfelt and Robb was never cordial to Tyrion.

Can't wait for the tournament. Was one of my favorite parts in AGoT. Am also looking forward to Tyrion's capture at the Inn, which I believe is in this episode.

Same. Also looking forward to Tyron at Winterfell. The scene with Theon looks intriguing.

She should not have truly suspected the Lannisters of Bran's fall and assassination attempt until after she reached KL.

Not true:

"My sister Lysa believes the Lannisters murdered her husband, Lord Arryn, the Hand of the King," Catelyn told them. "It comes to me that Jaime Lannister did not join the hunt the day Bran fell. He remained here in the castle." The room was deathly quiet. "I do not think Bran fell from that tower," she said into the stillness. "I think he was thrown."

The shock was plain on their faces. "My lady, that is a monstrous suggestion," said Rodrik Cassel. "Even the Kingslayer would flinch at the murder of an innocent child."

"Oh, would he?" Theon Greyjoy asked. "I wonder."

"There is no limit to Lannister pride or Lannister ambition," Catelyn said.

They definitely had their suspects.

The fact that the direwolves specifically ghost have been totally ignored has made this nothing more than a poorly acted soap opera. The character development and poor insight on the part of the directors has disappointed me. If you did not read the books you would have no idea what is going on. Further the characters are so poorly developed that each incident seems to have occurred in a vacuum with no connection or significance to other characters. This will get cancelled before season two begins filming

The fact that the direwolves specifically ghost have been totally ignored has made this nothing more than a poorly acted soap opera. The character development and poor insight on the part of the directors has disappointed me. If you did not read the books you would have no idea what is going on. Further the characters are so poorly developed that each incident seems to have occurred in a vacuum with no connection or significance to other characters. This will get cancelled before season two begins filming

Here we go. Reasons why the Series will be cancelled early I read about so far:

* boy fiction

* too literal adaption of the book

* not literal adaption enough

* it's fantasy

* it's not enough fantasy

* and now: Song of Ice and Fire is a soap opera without enough Ghost

I personally think it will fail because of Martin's inability of creating sympathic, realistic characters - his hilarious gray villains won't keep a sufficient part of audience glued to the screen opposed to the book.

I personally'd say the whole thing would work just as well without a single wolf anywhere but on coat of arms.

Really pumped about this episode, I feel like episode 3 got us to the top of the first rollercoaster drop and from here on out, we're on a wild ride.

We finally get to see Hodor! ...he is cast, right? I hope they use the back-basket with him and Bran. Also, if I'm remembering the timeline correctly, we should meet Osha next week, right? Which means we'll get to see both Summer and Grey Wind on-screen at the same time!

Tournament should be fun to watch. I hope they do a good job developing the Hound with Sansa. This is the time in the books when we realize who this guy really is.

Also hope we keep seeing scenes of Arya and Syrio, I know it's not super-necessary for the plot (until the downfall of the Starks obviously) but Arya is obviously a fan-favorite right now.

Only 6 more days! :fencing:

is this in fact the ep w/ the wildling attack on Bran; do they get his saddle design and him riding all in this episode? Ran?? hoping it is, we need more direwolves

Archived